Incompetent people telling me the dangers of vaping. What's your response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
Well first off let me say hello all and vape on!
I'm so tired of the average Joe telling me how vaping is bad for you. We vapors understand the risk of vaping and it is a lesser evil than cigarettes. Usually I've noticed that when they say vaping has health risks I just say I wouldn't want to smoke arsenic and it shuts them up.
They try to base there facts on vaping from bold lies....I had one guy tell me glycerin crystallized and PG was what made antifreeze not freeze...that and he said there were fillers in commercial juice that were bad for you.
My response was this....PG IS IN INHALERS.....VG IS APPLYED TO SKIN....AND FLAVORS ARE NOT A RISK ALL FACTOR...excuse my caps lock it just irritates me when they base there opinions as facts....come on people that don't vape....wake up and smell 2015. I have vaped for almost a year with no health effects and there's many More that have vaped for 3-4 yaears with no health damage...
Ask a 5 year smoker or even a 1 year smoker the damage of there health

Sorry for my venting but this truth needs to be spread like wild fire and people need to know facts before opinions.
What kind of stuff have vape haters told you all?
Tell me your story. We all have one.
God bless y'all.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Hi Adam, glad to have you around here.

I have plenty of people tell me how bad vaping is, If they are a smoker I really just ignore them. A non-smoker though gets more sympathy from me. They have no idea of addiction or harm reduction, as those concepts may be foreign to them. I will give them a few pointers from my own experience and then just let them know that I have quit something that I know will kill me, and moved on to something I don't think will kill me and if nothing else I'll feel better up till the time of my demise.

For some reason people seem to accept that answer. I, of course, thank them for their concern and go on with my life.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Usually people tell me that and they're smoking cigarettes. One guy was smoking and had his daughter by his side. I tell them "At least I'm not killing myself one puff at a time like you are" and suggest they go do some actual research. I told him vaping would save his life and give him more time on Earth with his daughter. Plus he wouldn't smell like an ashtray. Which was harsh I know, but sometimes you need to be brutally honest.

I ended up seeing the dude a week later and he had a Joyetech Evic VT. He apologized and said I was right. He told me he's been smoke free for a few days.

A lot of times nobody ever says something to me about it where I live though.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Just to be devil's advocate. We don't really know what ill effects vaping will cause.

Hence why I tell them I switched to something I don't THINK will kill me and at least I'll feel better till my demise.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Just to be devil's advocate. We don't really know what ill effects vaping will cause.
It might not be proof of "zero harm" but the lack of any major health effects in the past 7+ years is pretty reassuring.

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
True, but PG is what is used in the antifreeze that is more "pet safe" as it's not toxic to the extent that ethylene glycol is.

Indeed and a little ATF really adds something special flavor wise.

It is nonsense pretending to be logic, like margarine is one molecule away from plastic and slow down we love our children.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I've been vaping for 4 years and my health has drastically improved! I do things I couldn't do when I smoked! And... my lungs are clear!

I really don't care what they say! I've had a few people tell me it was worse than smoking, while they puffed away on a cigarette. I tell them about the 2000 chemicals in cigarettes including the handful of stuff in eliquid.

Some cigarette smokers have smoked for 50 plus years, my dad and mom, and had no lung problems from it. Cigarettes have Diacetyl. If some people have smoked that many years and Diacetyl hasn't caused them BO/Popcorn lung then I don't see any basis to these "scare tactics".

My Dad smoked closer to 60 years. He never had lung issues. He died during colon surgery 2 years ago. My mom vaped for 50 plus years. She has never had lung issues. I got her switched over to vaping last year and now she's the picture of health at her age. She even goes walking now. She is way more active and loves vaping.

We don't know the ill effects of vaping eh? Well I know the good effects. Some true life people who can testify that it has improved their health drastically.

BTW: My parents weren't passive smokers either. My Dad smoked 5 packs a day for the majority of his life. My mom smoked 3 packs a day. That's a lot of Diacetyl.

bman1977

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
New Jersey
It might not be proof of "zero harm" but the lack of any major health effects in the past 7+ years is pretty reassuring.

I don't even know why I'm getting into this but here goes....

It takes a lot longer than 7 years to see any major health effects from smoking. 7 years is nothing. I'm talking way long term like 20+ years. 20 years was my mark when I started to really feel the effects of smoking and that's when I quit and started vaping. And I DO feel a lot better.

I'm a vaperer people. No need to attack me now but if you feel the need please be gentle.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't even know why I'm getting into this but here goes....

It takes a lot longer than 7 years to see any major health effects from smoking. 7 years is nothing. I'm talking way long term like 20+ years. 20 years was my mark when I started to really feel the effects of smoking and that's when I quit and started vaping. And I DO feel a lot better.

I'm a vaperer people. No need to attack me now but if you feel the need please be gentle.
Like I said, not proof of zero harm, but reassuring.

While it might be true that it could take a non smoker 20 years to notice some of the ill effects of smoking, there are many effects that are noticeable after a fairly short period of time. Many vapers are former smokers, and not only do they not notice ill effects, they see improvements, in a short period of time.

There is also no valid evidence to date, from any of the studies, of anything that would cause harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread