• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Stocking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Is anyone beside me stocking up? I'm a bit worried about the FDA, Congress, Health Organizations, etc. If all hell breaks loose, and we go through a drought while everyone is deciding what is best for us, I want to be prepared to hunker down and survive as long as possible.

I have the NPRO set which I use daily, and a Health e-cig as a backup when I travel. I have 80 NPRO carts stashed, and 5 30ml. bottles of juice. I cut the juice with glycerin @ 50/50, so I have an equiviant of 10 30ml bottles.

In a week or so, I should receive the following orders.

1) EVO Starter Kit. (with 2 batteries, chargers, etc.)
2) 2 extra EVO Batteries.
3) 4 extra EVO Atomizer.
4) 8 complete M-401 e-cigs with batteries & atomizers. (40 carts - 4 USB Chargers)
5) 1 Super Mini Pass Through.

And I won't be finished. I'll pick up supplies as available.

If anyone is interested STORE CLOSING APRIL 7th PM is going out of business due to the Canadian Ban. They're selling out at some good prices.

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
i am not stocking up due to financial issues, but... i am working right now with a lab on producing 48mg liquid for the diy community and for my own shop as i plan to custom mix flavors as requested instead of just stocking the basics.

the majority of my first shipment is spoken for, but if anyone is interested in whatever is left, let me know.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Is anyone beside me stocking up? I'm a bit worried about the FDA, Congress, Health Organizations, etc. If all hell breaks loose, and we go through a drought while everyone is deciding what is best for us, I want to be prepared to hunker down and survive as long as possible.

I have the NPRO set which I use daily, and a Health e-cig as a backup when I travel. I have 80 NPRO carts stashed, and 5 30ml. bottles of juice. I cut the juice with glycerin @ 50/50, so I have an equiviant of 10 30ml bottles.

In a week or so, I should receive the following orders.

1) EVO Starter Kit. (with 2 batteries, chargers, etc.)
2) 2 extra EVO Batteries.
3) 4 extra EVO Atomizer.
4) 8 complete M-401 e-cigs with batteries & atomizers. (40 carts - 4 USB Chargers)
5) 1 Super Mini Pass Through.

And I won't be finished. I'll pick up supplies as available.

If anyone is interested STORE CLOSING APRIL 7th PM is going out of business due to the Canadian Ban. They're selling out at some good prices.

Thanks for the closeout link :( I put a sad face there because it pains me to even think of this happening here in the States. I feel so helpless, like we're a bunch of little baby ducks that can't fly waiting to be shot down by a big ol' shotgun. I bet I run as fast as I can before they get me though. So yeah, I'm stocking up too.

~ On the bright side $35 for an EVO kit is an awesome price! :D
Right now I've got about 200ml of assorted juice flavors. I usually use a 901 and lots of spares for it that just came in. I also have a 401 and a pen style. I need to get more spares for those.

I really want to order a large container of 36mg no flavor juice from China. Then just make my own by cutting and flavoring it. What's stopping me is the thought of it being held up at customs or even worse, confiscated for good. That's an expensive risk I'm not sure I'm willing to take.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Yep stocking up here as well.
I currently have 6-901s, 8-801s, and 4-401s. I use the 901s the most, but love the larger carts with the 801s. My wife uses them too, so I guess I have to say that half of them are hers. I also have purchased 14-30ml bottles of juice just for my wife as she still vapes Nic liquid. I have resorted to making my own, but just order myself a few bottles of original tobacco and virginia from Johnson Creek. I have found that for store boughts, JC gives me the best throat hit zero nic. I have tried a lot of variations for that homemade hit and just can't get what I want. Last week, I started a batch of Limoncello that will be rested and ready for my birthday this April 10th. I will reserve some of the 190 proof lemon extract to try some limoncello flavored e-juice and see how that kicks. if anything it will make for a nice complementary vape to my drink. :D This is my first attempt at making Limoncello. I found out about it when Danny Devito was in town, Austin, promoting his new Limoncello. His is only 60 proof. Mine will be 95. I will let y'all know how the Limoncello flavor turns out.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Hey trintek,
I would like some of the 48mg flavorless so I can make my own. Just ordered about 12 different flavorings.
Nicfits, I will be thinking about you on your birthday, mine is the 11th.
Stocking up? Not too much yet. I have a 401 and my cigar from Eastmall just cleared customs, should be here in a few days. I want to order another, do you think the 901 is the way to go?
Also looking for a Texas supplier for the 36mg or 48 mg flavorless so I can make my own.
Don

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
as far as i know i will be the first offering the 48, i had to go back and forth repeatedly with the lab as they really did not want to make anything above 36.. so... after about 12 emails that consisted of mainly them warning me, i finally got through to the liquid engineer and told him i would be cutting it down to 36, 24, 12, and 6 in final product, he agreed.

my original intention was to have 60ml or so of it on hand to work with my 0-nic recipes, and to start producing some of the recipes in various nic strengths for friends and such that keep stealing mine.

then i figured if i am having them custom make it, i may as well stock up a bit more and offer it to the diy community, as a 15ml bottle of 48 should give 22.5ml of 36, 30ml of 24, 60ml of 12, 120ml of 6.

i am hoping to hear back from some of the people i know at a lab down here, they are going to see if their lead chemist would be willing to mix up some and if not, refer me to a texas based lab that might be willing to do it. as it is, i am paying a small premium since it is a small batch order. if it goes over well i will be placing a larger order.

I am setting up a company here in Dallas and have ordered lots of sample kits from China. I'm currently setting up a large order with a manufacturer. I did have a hold up with customs on a order of liquids i purchased, but after they did their look over of the products and realized it wasn't chemical hazards i got the liquids a couple days later.
I too fear that they will soon try to ban or outlaw these products here so that's another reason i haven't spent the large amount of money to get a large order. I don't understand why Canada would ban these and legalize weed...
I do know that the last comment published by the FDA was that they were not commenting at this time on these products. I believe after they spend thousands of our tax paying money on testing these items they'll ok them. They're ...... cause they can't find a way to tax these items. Sure they'll ok real cigs and tax us to slowly kill ourselves, but ban something that could save millions of lives...Gotta love the government....

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
amazingly enough i have never had liquid held up, i did have an order of kits held for a few days, but it didn't look like it had been opened, so it may have just fell into a bin somewhere for a few..

the liquids i picked up were from various suppliers, was testing flavors, etc. found one company with decent ones, but i still haven't found anything that compares to bickfords. that's actually the main reason i started talking to labs about producing a higher non-flavored concentrate for dilution purposes. i may decide to stock the mass produced flavors again at some point, but for now the custom flavors keep me busy.

as far as not finding a way to tax them, you should know by now that they can tax anything and everything ;)

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Also looking at the 801 and 901 so I can stock up. Any ideas? Probably posted in the wrong area.

I love the 801s however I have had some problems with a few of them, I won't say from where, but uhhum, they are called Rios. They are four whole atomizers, they hit almost too easy. I think I get too much air with my vape and causes the hit to be weak. Also these batteries seem to be hit and miss, but that is true with any of them. I have also noticed that these Rios are a different size than others. the attys are slighty shorter and so are the batts. Also the carts are not interchangeable with my other 801s All of them were listed as 801s but I don't believe they came form the same manufacturer. I like my Penstyles from E-smokeytreats better. They have a harder draw, but not too hard, and give bigger hits. Also the batts aren't as finicky.
I have a half dozen stainless steel 901s I got from PS. These have been my most reliable, and are the ones that go with me. I just carry enough batteries and juice with me to get me through the day. I also carry a car charger adaptor and of course a charger as well. I am thinking of getting a few USB passthroughs for my 901s as well.
If I am on the road for a while I will carry a penstyle as it holds a lot more liquid. Of all that I have, I like the 401s the least. They hold very little liquid and no matter how careful I am with filling or topping off carts, they always leak on me and gets fluid in my mouth. My 401s are just collecting dust.
These are just my opinions and reviews of what I have.
Hope this helps.

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Hey guys,
I do wish someone locally had the unflavored nic in 36mg in larger bottles than what I have seen. You could probably sell a ton of it.

Also looking at the 801 and 901 so I can stock up. Any ideas? Probably posted in the wrong area.

if all goes well, i will be making my initial order on the 13th. once i make sure they have no issues getting here, and after i test them, will see how much they will charge for larger quantities and larger size bottles. i had originally asked them for 15ml bottles as i wanted to trial it before putting more money into a custom blend. i let a fellow vaper here in town know about it, and 2 days later he comes to me and asks me if i can get another dozen or so bottles. funny how that works :p

the 901 seems to be the standard workhorse. well built for what it is, parts seem to have a good lifespan compared to many. the 510 is another really decent one, good amount of vapor, decent throat hit. the 801 has the added benefit of being compatible with the soft pipe mouthpieces, if you go for that sorta thing.

D_Struct: i am thinking of modding mine soon to run on a u-110 battery. 3.6vdc@1350mah, and have 3 of the batteries sitting around from an old mp3 player. i want to work on a universal mod though, basically a power source with a snap in holder for the atomizer and cart so i can use it with any of the atomizers i have sitting around.

Nicfits: the 401 is pretty much the same as the health e-cigs that dx carries, i have a few sitting around here that i lend out when someone wants to try vaping. i figure at 15 bux shipped, they make good throwaways. as for the liquid coming through the mouthpiece, i had the same issue, but fixed it. i removed the foil completely from the cart insert, pulled the packing out and replaced it with a thicker piece from a 901 cart, refill until the entire cart takes on the color of the liquid, then blot the top with a q-tip to remove excess. use a needle to pull the packing up a little bit, that way when you insert the atomizer it forces the wadding back down and any excess liquid ends up on the bridge instead of around it and in the mouthpiece airways.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
i am not stocking up due to financial issues, but... i am working right now with a lab on producing 48mg liquid for the diy community and for my own shop as i plan to custom mix flavors as requested instead of just stocking the basics.

the majority of my first shipment is spoken for, but if anyone is interested in whatever is left, let me know.

You mention your shop. Are you in the business, or getting into the business? If you plan to supply juice (or any e-cig item), keep us informed. I'd much rather take a drive, and give my money to a friend, than to wait for the mail to come.
Cheers
jd

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
am semi in the business, plan on starting major work on it soon. a friend introduced me to vaping a while back, he brought over some vaporizers and asked me if i could fix them. i in turn told him that it would help if i knew what they were :p

long story short, i managed to clean two of them to acceptable levels, and replaced the coil in the 3rd one. luckily these were some little noname brand very much like the dx a-frame bridge style vaporizers. so it sat at the back of my mind for a bit, i ended up borrowing one of his before i found the forums and such, he let me know it was mainly propylene glycol in the fluid, so i mixed up my first clove fluid (which did not work out as well as i had hoped), mixed him up some menthol 0-nic fluid, and started experimenting.

after that, i picked up a little dx one (which is still useable amazingly enough) and have been using it as a start away from my smokes, started putting real time into modding and e-liquid recipes, and have 10 or so people in san antonio that regularly pick up 0-nic recipes from me, spare parts that i order when ordering stuff for the club, and have 3 magnum mods i did for friends.

i haven't even bothered with a name for the biz or anything like that yet, but it looks like something i can get into full time as i have already been (happily) dragged into it. my current shop (closing) was setup modding/unlocking/flashing cell phones and doing custom computer builds, repairs, and programming... but.. i am burnt out on most of the contract programming now, and my other hometown has a population mainly under or right at the poverty line, so many of them are asking me to bring kits, carts, atomizers, liquid, etc the next time i go down for a couple of weeks.

testerjtester

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm close to stocking up, but I'm still trying to find out what I want to stock up on - still new to this game, and not completely satisfied with either my Pilot or my super mini. Between them they were enough to quit smoking, but I need something that will help keep me quit, in the hardcore situations like... ummm... well, drinking.

Just received a Joye 510 (2 kits, actually) that I ordered from The Widow at Widows Bead Work - Home, and is theoretically from the newer batch that shouldn't have the issues that were reported with the first model. If that works out (and it looks like it will, this thing is a vapor monster, and I love the manual battery), I'll stock up on a few more spare parts. I'm leaning towards getting a penstyle as well to round out my arsenal. And I'm still trying to find the 3-4 juices that I like enough to want to stock up on in large quantities.

And I'm still trying to find out how much of everything I need on hand just to insure against hardware failures and typical supplier shortages. I can't think about stocking up against the possibility of a total ban or something like that until I know how much juice and hardware I'll consume on a regular basis, and while I'm in the learning curve, I'm assuming whatever I do will be irregular.

Man, I'm feeling the itch though... it's like fight or flight syndrome kicking in, except I don't have anywhere to run to... :)

Trintek, if there's any of the 48mg unflavored that's not already accounted for, I'd be interested in some as well...

Thanks,
Tim

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Actually, I started with the NPRO (RN4081) and still like it. I ordered more atomizers and batteries. Just received my passthrough, and like that also. On the side, I'm placing orders for almost anything that's on sale, no matter what make or style it is. And Juice, oh yeah, the precious juice. I figure I'll have about 1 1/2 to 2 years supply, when my orders are in.

Remember the old parts!! I don't throw away old, worn out, or broken parts. They go in a box for later. Such as batteries. I figure I can take the bad batteries out of the tubes, and connect a USB wire to the battery leads. PRESTO!! Another passthrough. If the vacuum switch is bad, Radio Shack has mini switches. PRESTO AGAIN!! A manual passthrough. And maybe you can combine parts from 2 or 3 broken assemblies to make one good one.

Remember, if the e-cig Nazis strike the US, we'll have to survive.

lewnworx

Apr 7, 2009
Dallas
Remember, if the e-cig Nazis strike the US, we'll have to survive.

Roger that. You should have heard my wife once she got ahold of mine.

"I don't care what it costs, get a couple hundred of these before the RJ Reynolds lobbyists figure this **** out and con the FDA into banning them. Order a hundred gallons of the fluid."

Scary. I'm mixing my own and one of my kitchen cupboards is starting to look like a .... lab (not that I have any idea what a .... lab looks like, mind you, but all the eyedroppers and little bottles look a bit odd).

As for the saving parts, yeah buddy. My first "auto" battery on my 510 was DOA, so it took all of about 2 days before I hacked it up and made a USB passthrough out of the casing. That and my trusty APC mobile packs I bought a couple years ago for powering my cell phone at 4 day music festivals and I'm doing the high geek chic thing. My APC is good for a solid 3+ days on a single charge, and it hits like a freight train.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com

I am interested!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread