Still vaping

D133b

Feb 2, 2024
Hello, I added a 'b' to my original name here. It's so long since I logged on, I probably didn't complete a check at some point and lost my account. I've vaped since 2009 (so it's maybe time to quit, but I still enjoy it!) and still using my two Super-T mech mods. I had to leave them at home recently to travel abroad and was amazed at how the technology has moved on when I went to buy a temporary replacement.

I used a 'pod system' for a month and still use one when out & about as it is so practical - small, powerful, no leaks, no glass to break. The replacement pods are expensive over time but I worked out how to refill them. My nic% is down since using menthol liquids. Since 2009 there was one year off the wagon in 2012 and one pack of cigs in 2017, so not too bad.

Most of my vaping gear is old (except a new tank and the pod device), but do you think investing in a lot of new vaping equipment possibly deters you from quitting completely? I just had that thought, having bought new parts.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    but do you think investing in a lot of new vaping equipment possibly deters you from quitting completely?

Depends on the person. Westerners are addicted to buying stuff, but there's no question there are niches within the vaping market where vaping is secondary to buying new stuff constantly and buying high priced vaping bling to show off like jewelry. Even for some it's part of their identity. 80% of my stuff is old. It works for me. I vape because I'm a former smoker. Means to an end.

Though it is nice getting new stuff lol. But no doubt it can get outta hand. I an see it subconsciously making you feel like you can't quit because you need to justify the excessive purchasing.

Last edited:

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Hello, I added a 'b' to my original name here. It's so long since I logged on, I probably didn't complete a check at some point and lost my account. I've vaped since 2009 (so it's maybe time to quit, but I still enjoy it!) and still using my two Super-T mech mods. I had to leave them at home recently to travel abroad and was amazed at how the technology has moved on when I went to buy a temporary replacement.

I used a 'pod system' for a month and still use one when out & about as it is so practical - small, powerful, no leaks, no glass to break. The replacement pods are expensive over time but I worked out how to refill them. My nic% is down since using menthol liquids. Since 2009 there was one year off the wagon in 2012 and one pack of cigs in 2017, so not too bad.

Most of my vaping gear is old (except a new tank and the pod device), but do you think investing in a lot of new vaping equipment possibly deters you from quitting completely? I just had that thought, having bought new parts.
    Yep. Pods get wildly expensive if they’re your main vape and you use them for more than a few months though. Not as bad as disposables but surprisingly close. With disposables it’s something like 3 weeks, which is barely long enough for the most “quitty” of ecig users. Most will fail if they try it that fast. Pods are a little better but not much. Cartridge coils are marginal. Something like a couple years to make them more expensive. Only rebiuldables which is more or less the longest term thing are good for most long termers. Of course if you don’t mind paying a whole bunch more any of them can work except disposables. Disposables you can’t titrate. Theyre near worthless for quitting. The only thing they can do is help keep you off actual cigarettes. There are people who’ve quit with disposables but the rate isn’t much better than cold turkey.

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2015
    Dunoon, West of Scotland.
    Welcome back.

Nothing wrong with using older kit if it's still working for you and you like it.

Nautilus Minis have been my go to since 2015 - and they got me off of smoking after 50 years down Tobacco Road.

I've only got into RTAs recently in case of bans/supply problems, though I have dabbled with them in previous years from time to time.

Reactions: DavidOck

D133b

Feb 2, 2024
    Thanks very much for the welcome back messages. I did buy one disposable and although the taste was initially OK it was overly sweet and soon became sickly, I wouldn't buy another given the choice. I depleted the battery within a couple of hours, so they're a financial non-starter for me.

I took the disposable apart which helped in working out how to refill pods. I also recharged the battery, but it is a very delicate operation with a definite risk of short circuiting, I would recommend sticking to 'disposable' devices with USB ports.

I've never felt the need for anything more than a mech, it delivers what I require. Perhaps I'm also worried that more power = more nicotine intake. I'll just stick with what has worked so far.

Reactions: Falconeer

Users who are viewing this thread