Sorry, but I really need to vent about the USPS's handling of my BWB orders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
If this were the first, or even second, third or fourth time in recent weeks I wouldn't be this livid..:grr:
I'll forego the info on those previous USPS screwups:glare:... Here's their most recent that I'm beyond disgusted with their service on... I have 3 orders in bound from Don, 1 from another harware vendor, and 2 from private classy seller's... 5 of them are "past due" according to their WORTHLESS "delivery date" provided with the delivery confirmation info. 4 of those haven't "moved" or been updated since the initial scans on last Friday, Saturday, and Monday. 1 of the ones from Don, (which when I order from him...always goes from NewYork to Jacksonville,Fl sorting facility), then due west to my location went instead to Tampa!??? Where its been for 4 days now with no updates... The last one Don sent out for me was on Thursdays final vacation shipment. It still shows "the number is incorrect, or has not been shipped yet crap". I can understand the "occasional" screw up..it's only human to make mistakes. This makes 12 of my last 14 orders from various vendor's all using first class that have been late beyond 7 days... From now on, I will pay the few extra bucks for the priority flate rate box shipping, as they are the only ones I seldom have issues with!:mad::grr: NO WONDER they are having to shut down post offices! With that type of service if Don would allow "bulk order's" I'd pay for Fedex or UPS...

Edit...My last order from Don went from Newyork to Jacksonville to Montgomery Alabama, where it stayed for 4 extra days. Bringing that delivery from the day it was shipped (which was the next day after ordering) to 9 days in USPS hands before it made it to me!!!:glare:

END VENT/RANT! Sorry, but I REALLY needed that!!!:2cool:

Last edited:

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
I personally think they have a bunch of teenagers working for them. I have had packages lost, never arriving, or damaged or taking forever to get to me. There was one package that took two weeks to get from Georgia to North Carolina to my home. Heck the pony express could have gotten it to me faster

I've had 3 that looked like they'd been ran over delivered recently myself...

aside from some things being a day or two late, USPS has been decent for me, but my packages are vendor -> east cost layover -> nashville tn -> memphis tn -> me (ne arkansas)

UPS and Fedex I'd like to murder, I've got stories From packages on bizzare routes to leaving a $1200 sign on delivery tv under my carport w/ no signature

bander68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Conroe, TX
I've gone the priority delivery route, and it actually took a day longer than standard mail. My stuff goes to Houston in a day, then 30 miles north to where i'm at and gets delivered on the second day. My thinking is that it's the sorting facility in Jacksonville that's your problem. Not sure what you can do about it, though...

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Mv, I understand your frustration and others as well. I hear about these problems all the time. Maybe they like (or fear) me :). Here's a typical order for me:

Detailed Results:

Sorting Complete, May 07, 2011, 9:15 am, FRESNO, CA 93720
Arrival at Post Office, May 07, 2011, 7:29 am, FRESNO, CA 93720
Processed through Sort Facility, May 06, 2011, 3:00 am, SAN JOSE, CA 95101
Shipment Accepted, May 04, 2011, 1:56 pm, GARDINER, NY 12525
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 04, 2011

Delivered on the 7th.

During Christmas it took an agonizing extra day. I've been ordering from Don 2-3 times a month since September with the same results.

Good luck with your deliveries !!!

Last edited:

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Same as the private companies like UPS (though of course they are generally better) your local office and delivery person makes a huge difference. I get all my packages shipped downtown to my office building in Chicago and don't have an issue with any of the carriers with any shipment (knock on wood but been doing this for years also with computer parts). I'm lucky. The OP is obviously very much the opposite. Perhaps you should go down there and try to find a manager.

Last edited:

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Same as the private companies like UPS (though of course they are generally better) your local office and delivery person makes a huge difference. I get all my packages shipped downtown to my office building in Chicago and don't have an issue with any of the carriers with any shipment (knock on wood but been doing this for years also with computer parts). I'm lucky. The OP is obviously very much the opposite. Perhaps you should go down there and try to find a manager.

Not in my case for a few reasons...first the items haven't made it to my "local post office" when the problems occur. I live in the boonies where my nearest po is 15 miles away, and the carrier's here are all union members of the Florida Rural Mail Carrier's Union. I have 3 or 4 different carrier's that deliver to me over the course of a week. The main issues seem to be happening between the first sorting facility in NewYork and the main Florida sorting facility in Jacksonville. I plan to call both of the facilities in questions PMG's (Post Master General's) on Tuesday morning to see what the problem is...:grr:

gbytexan

Apr 19, 2011
west texas
NO WONDER they are having to shut down post offices! With that type of service if Don would allow "bulk order's" I'd pay for Fedex or UPS...
That's my EXACT experiences with USPS, I'm out in the boonies too, and UPS/FedEx are my only trusted options.. but, Don won't consider shipping UPS or FedEx...I'll just have to wait till it's an option I suppose. USPS is an embarrassment!

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
USPS has recently delivered TWO of my packages to the wrong house.... now I'm making them hold my mail until I pick it up, but I'm not hopeful.

Thats pathetic! We'll my orders from BWB did finally make it a few days ago. BUT another item shipped from a fellow ECF member was shipped last week and still hasn't been updated since being scanned in, and hasn't been delivered even though it shows "estimated delivery date" of 31 May :grr:

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Trust me I know all about the PO and there decrepit service but atleast they are making it to their destinations and not getting lost. I look all the time at them cause I get alot of emails that the tracking numbers dont work and it is a joke for sure how many I drop at the PO and have scanned still dont show up, I think its time for them to do a revamp

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Trust me I know all about the PO and there decrepit service but atleast they are making it to their destinations and not getting lost. I look all the time at them cause I get alot of emails that the tracking numbers dont work and it is a joke for sure how many I drop at the PO and have scanned still dont show up, I think its time for them to do a revamp

I agree, they are definitley in need of something better than whatever "system" they're using now for sure. I KNOW too that your orders have always went out in a very timely manor, the "hold up" has always been on the logistical part of the transactions. No choice though, untill you start selling in gallon jugs and offer FedEx of UPS :lol: (hint ..hint!)

gbytexan

Apr 19, 2011
west texas
I agree, they are definitley in need of something better than whatever "system" they're using now for sure. I KNOW too that your orders have always went out in a very timely manor, the "hold up" has always been on the logistical part of the transactions. No choice though, untill you start selling in gallon jugs and offer FedEx of UPS :lol: (hint ..hint!)
Another vote for your considering UPS or FedEx shipping. FedEx with a phone call will pick it up at your door for shipment, and for some of us (in the boonies) is the best option...win-win
my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread