Having my very first USPS problem. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Hey, everyone. This is my first issue with the USPS and delivery, and I'm not sure what the protocol is for figuring this stuff out.

I've been waiting on a Vapor Chef order for a while now.

I got a shipping confirmation on the 16th, and my tracking number shows an expected delivery day of the 19th. It's the 20th today, but it's been sitting in Pennsylvania for 4 days.

Anybody have this happen to them, and what exactly should I do to track the package down and/or hasten its delivery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Four days....don't freak out. Now when it's starts nearing 30 days and it hasn't even left China yet? Then start freaking out.

Fortunately I've never ordered directly from China and most likely never will. Nothing to do with politics, and everything to do with me being impatient.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
They'll blame it on Congress. The budget is under consideration and it's year end time. From what I hear, USPS turns over all its profit to the government at the end of the year and Congress gives them a budget to work with for the next year. Looks like they are operating under tight reign.

USPS efforts slow budget shortfall trend » Local & Bistate » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

August 13, 2013
USPS efforts slow budget shortfall trend
Package revenue up $658 million over last year

Howard Greninger The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — While the U.S. Postal Service has made gains in shipping packages and reducing costs, it is projected to end the year with just five days of operating cash after placing money into a workers compensation fund, postal officials said Monday in a press teleconference.

Last year, the Postal Service ended the year with 11 days of operating cash on hand.

“That is a dangerously low level of cash. We do not have enough sufficient cash cushion to run a business the size of the Postal Service,” said Joseph Corbett, chief financial officer and executive vice president of the USPS during an announcement of its third-quarter financial results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread