Some suggestions for pipe smokers looking to vape or vapers looking for a pipe smoking experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
I've really been enjoying my Freight Train mod that I got yesterday. It uses the dna 12 so you can vape up to 12 watts (I rarely go beyond 8). http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-engine-pipe-powered-evolv-dna-tank-pipe.html

View attachment 179425

Oooooooh. I'm drooling now. And just when my bank account was starting to recover from the purchases shown above. :D This is now at the top of my wish list. (And I just remembered, the wife still owes me a Valentine's Day present. :))

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
Well, I cashed in the Valentine's Day chit on one of SamT's Freight Train pipes and now have that one in the collection too. :D The Freight Train is another gorgeous, well-crafted mod. It's my first variable voltage mod, and I think I'm going to like that feature. Here's a photo of it:

pSJ0thl.png

And here's one with the shank removed to show the tank I'm using (I actually kind of like this look), also comparing the bowl of the Freight Train to that of the Jazz Isis.

kmcEXIu.png

As you can see, the Freight Train is considerably larger and heftier than my other pipe mods. I assume this is mainly because it takes the larger 18490 battery while the others all take 18350s. Because of its size, I see it becoming more of an "armchair at home while watching T.V." vape than an "on the go" vape for me. And a very satisfying one at that!

I need to mention that SamT's customer service for his Freight Train mods is OUTSTANDING!

And I also have been remiss in failing to mention that epipemods and Jazz both also have given me AWESOME customer service! All of these modders are making great products, and they are also great people to deal with and very worthy of your business. (I have no affiliation with any of them other than being a satisfied customer/vaper. :D)

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
That's one serious pipe! :)

I've been really curious about Sunpipes out of Italy -- they have some really beautiful pipes on the site, but I tried to order one the other day and it wouldn't let me... I don't know if they're defunct or what.

I second the endorsements for Ahlusion's Devil Dog! and Bluegrass Burley. They're the best, most authentic pipe tobaccos out there. GoodeJuice is also pretty solid. Want2Vape's are really good too, but they gunk up equipment pretty quickly.

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
That's one serious pipe! :)

I've been really curious about Sunpipes out of Italy -- they have some really beautiful pipes on the site, but I tried to order one the other day and it wouldn't let me... I don't know if they're defunct or what.

I second the endorsements for Ahlusion's Devil Dog! and Bluegrass Burley. They're the best, most authentic pipe tobaccos out there. GoodeJuice is also pretty solid. Want2Vape's are really good too, but they gunk up equipment pretty quickly.

Indeed the Freight Train is a serious pipe. And, if this makes any sense, it makes me feel like I'm getting a little more "serious" about my vaping. In addition to now joining the world of vapers using vv devices, it inspired me to pick up some DCT tanks. (It also works fine with just a carto, but it's designed to accommodate tanks.) So I'm now leaning toward adding tanks to my other pipe mods, which just somehow looks and feels more serious than the plain cartos I have been using up until now. :)

I too discovered and got very tempted by Sunpipes back when I first started researching what was available in the current world of e-pipes. And I was also unable to order one.

Thanks for the suggestions about other juices to try!

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I like that side button on the Freight Train, and it's about time someone offered a VV option for an epipe! I really enjoy my upgraded 18500 Jazz with a Kick, although battery life is pretty short with the Kick and an 18350 battery. It's not a huge concern for me though, because I rarely leave the house with it.

A fairly decent, more affordable option for a tank that looks good on a pipe and performs fairly well is a Vivi Nova and the universal mouthpiece that Romaniac has put on his site (he designed it specially for a friend of mine to use Vivi Nova's on his Jazz, but it should work on most anything that accepts a standard 510 drip tip). My current favorite set-up (more expensive) is a GG Penelope with Romaniac's short Penelope mouthpiece on my Jazz:

DSCF4892.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread