So something strange just happened with my Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I suppose Provape could make a
DNA20 tube mod? That would sell insanely well if it ever came to be.

It might if you could throw it out the window, run over it, throw it against concrete, then pick it up and vape it.

I wonder what makes the Provari so tough? The case is steel sure, but there are tons of steel battery cases. I've seen the Provari disassembled... it's a little circuit board... is THAT the tough part that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin?

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
It might if you could throw it out the window, run over it, throw it against concrete, then pick it up and vape it.

I wonder what makes the Provari so tough? The case is steel sure, but there are tons of steel battery cases. I've seen the Provari disassembled... it's a little circuit board... is THAT the tough part that takes a lickin and keeps on tickin?

I think that probably has something to do with it yeah. I'm actually taking mine apart soon to strip the black off and brush finish it.

Not a fan of how it's fading. Taken earlier today.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I bought my black one used and it had scratches on it too. While I've seen pix of it apart, I've never taken it apart myself... I'm a bit scared to, in case I couldn't put it back together right. My big one is a 2.0 (I like the look of it better) with the raised letters also. I thought about polishing it, but the "Provari" logo would come off. All the new ones are engraved, so sanding the finish off of it would be easy.... except my mini is a silver satin already.

As for Provape and Evolve, as long as they keep making the Provari as is, I think it would be neat. But I think they'd be nuts to stop selling the great units they have now, there will always be a demand for durable. My wish list would only be a flat top in the full size, just build the 18650 and forget the extension, with the teardrops all the way down:).

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I think that probably has something to do with it yeah. I'm actually taking mine apart soon to strip the black off and brush finish it.

Not a fan of how it's fading. Taken earlier today.

That's actually adding character to the mod, Chad... I'm liking how it's looking

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
http://.........blogspot.com/2013/12/eve-rollout-new-provari-hybrid-colors.html

I'll wait before I buy a ProVari...I say mid year 2014, the new version will be out which will have maybe not the DNA20 in it but something which ProVape have done together with Evolv..

It would crack me up up if the project was not a ProVari 3.0, but was instead a reboot of the Darwin.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I've got that going on on my satin black. I look at it as antiquing.

In the coming weeks when I get my GP polishing and brushing tool it will be very hard to resist not stripping it and brushing it. I just need to so some research in to what will give a really nice satin finish. And then if I do that I'll have to figure out if I'm leaving the black in the tear drops.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
In the coming weeks when I get my GP polishing and brushing tool it will be very hard to resist not stripping it and brushing it. I just need to so some research in to what will give a really nice satin finish. And then if I do that I'll have to figure out if I'm leaving the black in the tear drops.

The black would look nice in the teardrops... but perhaps more importantly... how would you get it out:p? It's cerakote:p.

I'd like to see pix of what you do... I'm mostly wondering about the Provari Logo... if you sand the whole thing, it would disappear, and it's such a cute touch:(.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
The black would look nice in the teardrops... but perhaps more importantly... how would you get it out:p? It's cerakote:p.

I'd like to see pix of what you do... I'm mostly wondering about the Provari Logo... if you sand the whole thing, it would disappear, and it's such a cute touch:(.

If my skin has been slowly wearing it off I'm sure that my dremel and a wire brush attachment would work just fine.

As for the logo it's just painted on so it'll be gone yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread