So something strange just happened with my Provari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I saw my Nimbus sitting there looking very lonely because I hadn't used it in about two months. Then I figured that I'd see what juice that's been sitting in cotton for that long tastes like lol.

Without thinking much of it I tossed it on my Provari and hit the botton without the top cap on to test fire the coils , and it fired away nicely. Put the top cap on and went for a vape and started getting errors.

So I measured it with my meter and it's a .7 ohm dual coil , which we all know the Provari won't fire. But… it did the first time I pressed the botton.

I just thought it was odd that it worked the first time. I had my Provari at 4.2 so it fired the coil at 6 amps. Very strange.

No adverse affects to my Provari, everything is working fine.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I've done that... it always fires the first time, then Errors... because as Train2 said, it's got to check the ohms to know it's too low. If you go straight to AO, it fires it to get the ohms reading too, despite that the next time you try to fire it, it will give the error. I love that it's got that AO function, which works regardless of whether it will actually fire it or not, tho most of the time, my wraps are over 1.1. My wrap right now is a 1.1, and it's working great with the Provari (at 3.1 v)

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I've done that... it always fires the first time, then Errors... because as Train2 said, it's got to check the ohms to know it's too low. If you go straight to AO, it fires it to get the ohms reading too, despite that the next time you try to fire it, it will give the error. I love that it's got that AO function, which works regardless of whether it will actually fire it or not, tho most of the time, my wraps are over 1.1. My wrap right now is a 1.1, and it's working great with the Provari (at 3.1 v)

Guess I've really bothered to try before. I also have a 1.1 in my Spheroid right now on the Provari but at 3.7. I find it tough to enjoy anything under 12-13 watts.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
Just for the sake of the rumor-mill, I'm thinking DNA-PRO (or "ProVolved").

I highly doubt you'd ever see a DNA board in a Provape tube , but it's a fun thought experiment.

I don't care about adjusting by watts at all, my brain already does that with volts just fine. I'd love to see a 5 amp switch though.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
There are also rumors that Provape is working with Evolv on a project. What that project is - I wont talk about until I get some more information.
http://.........blogspot.com/2013/12/eve-rollout-new-provari-hybrid-colors.html

I'll wait before I buy a ProVari...I say mid year 2014, the new version will be out which will have maybe not the DNA20 in it but something which ProVape have done together with Evolv..

Last edited:

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I highly doubt you'd ever see a DNA board in a Provape tube , but it's a fun thought experiment.

I don't care about adjusting by watts at all, my brain already does that with volts just fine. I'd love to see a 5 amp switch though.
A deeper 510 connector for RDA's would be nice as well. That gap drives me nuts.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Guess I've really bothered to try before. I also have a 1.1 in my Spheroid right now on the Provari but at 3.7. I find it tough to enjoy anything under 12-13 watts.

I DIY with my juice... and I like lighter juice to begin with, with a larger nic kick. The 1.1 at 3.1v is perfect for me, but that's adjusting my juice to work with it. In a carto tank, I like normal strength juice at 18 nic (that's the reference). So with a 1.1 ohm at 3.1 v, I dilute that normal strength juice down by roughly 1/3 with 50/50 PG VG, and it's fairly comparable:).

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't need VW and ALSO don't need more power...
All I'd like to see would be
- flat top, or a perfect top ring, color-matched
- Heck, let's get real creative with that - an airflow control top cap, or an Ego-adapter top cap...
- More color-matching - how about a "standard" bottom cap in color?
- How about a colored "ring" for the occasional 18650 Mini?

Easy stuff.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
I DIY with my juice... and I like lighter juice to begin with, with a larger nic kick. The 1.1 at 3.1v is perfect for me, but that's adjusting my juice to work with it. In a carto tank, I like normal strength juice at 18 nic (that's the reference). So with a 1.1 ohm at 3.1 v, I dilute that normal strength juice down by roughly 1/3 with 50/50 PG VG, and it's fairly comparable:).

1/16 micros and cotton is pretty much all I vape. 1.1-1.8 and usually not lower than 13w. Sometimes 15 depending on the atty.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
The 1.1 is a new build for me... it's eating through 18650 batteries tho... (which proved someone's statement about lower ohms = faster battery drain). How fast do you run through charged batteries, since you tend to do lower ohms regularly? I think I have to go back to 1.8 ohms... I'm changing way too fast...

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
The 1.1 is a new build for me... it's eating through 18650 batteries tho... (which proved someone's statement about lower ohms = faster battery drain). How fast do you run through charged batteries, since you tend to do lower ohms regularly? I think I have to go back to 1.8 ohms... I'm changing way too fast...

I generally vape 1.3 ohms and go through four to five 800 mah 18350s a day if all I'm using is my Provari.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
http://.........blogspot.com/2013/12/eve-rollout-new-provari-hybrid-colors.html

I'll wait before I buy a ProVari...I say mid year 2014, the new version will be out which will have maybe not the DNA20 in it but something which ProVape have done together with Evolv..

What makes you think ProVapes is working together with Evolve? Why would they? They have created the chipset that all the others are matched against.

Where are you getting your information about what ProVapes has planed? All of you? Where? Inside info or just inside your own crainiums?

I think you are all pulling those "facts" from your poop holes.

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada
What makes you think ProVapes is working together with Evolve? Why would they? They have created the chipset that all the others are matched against.

Where are you getting your information about what ProVapes has planed? All of you? Where? Inside info or just inside your own crainiums?

Pretty much.

Evolve and Provape would never work together on a mod. That would be like Ford asking Chevy for an engine for the 2015 Focus.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

i uhh guess you didnt actually read the post you requoted then?

but i do find it hard VJ knows this and no one else does lol. he also said evol would have something new by the end of the year sooooooo

A deeper 510 connector for RDA's would be nice as well. That gap drives me nuts.
- flat top, or a perfect top ring, color-matched
- Heck, let's get real creative with that - an airflow control top cap, or an Ego-adapter top cap..

you guys are tripping, people buy 3-4 at a time now and as long as sales keep ticking every time there is a new color nothing will ever change. the provape team is on the golf course laughing while wiping their butts with money. thinking " we dont even have to offer anything new cause even if they dont like it they still buy them lol"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread