SMT's Chessmen Cookies + VPIC

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
chessmen-cookie-vpic.jpg

Chessmen Cookies + VPIC (Vanilla Pudding Ice Cream)

SSA Crumbly Cookie 1.5%
FA Vanilla Cookie 1.5%
FA Cookie 0.8%
FLV Vanilla Pudding 1.8%
SSA Ice Cream Vanilla 0.7%
SSA Clotted Cream 0.5%

Optional: 0.5% FA Butter / if more of a buttery note is desired

Steep time = 4 weeks

Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies are an awesome tasting butter cookie with an almost shortbread cookie texture. I've always loved their rich, melt-in-your-mouth buttery flavor.

Chessmen cookies were the inspiration for what I had in mind when I started working on this mix. I tried a few different cookie flavor combos before settling on SSA CC, FA VC and FA Cookie = the cookie base. Together they make a powerhouse butter cookie (one that can easily be used for other ideas).

SSA Crumbly Cookie is just an excellent cookie flavor. FA Vanilla Cookie, also excellent, added the buttery goodness. FA Cookie delivers the baked cookie edges.

I wanted a creamy vanilla pudding ice cream. After experimenting with a couple different IC's I settled on SSA ICV. At a lower percentage it still delivers an IC note. I didn't want the ice cream to overtake the lovely notes found in FLV VP.

FLV VP and SSA ICV were excellent together, but, I felt they were missing something to boost the creaminess I was after. SSA Clotted Cream totally turned this into the creamy vanilla pudding IC I was going for. Those three flavors together make a wonderful VPIC and one that could be used with other bakery bases.

Also made this using 0.5% FA Butter for a brighter buttery note. That was very smooth!!!

It's a very tasty butter cookie vanilla pudding ice cream.

I also made this mix with 2.5% WF Pudding Milk Chocolate for a cookie with a chocolatey vibe. WF PMC totally delivered a light tasting chocolate note. It also boosted the overall creaminess of the vanilla pudding ice cream.

I am 100% confident this mix will work with a fruit or two. A nut flavor? Yes, absolutely.

Users who are viewing this thread