Chocolate-Cookie-Ice-Cream-Peanut.jpg

Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich with Peanuts

FA Vanilla Cookie 1.5%
SSA Crumbly Cookie 1.5%
FA Cookie 0.8%
WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate 2.5%
SSA Clotted Cream 1%
FLV Peanut Butter 0.6%

Optional: Sweetener to taste. Start low, as in 0.25% - 0.5%.

Steep time = 4 weeks / as always, YMMV

The FA VC, FA Cookie and SSA CC cookie base is one I've used before. Combined they make an awesome tasting cookie. It's a nice base that can be taken in many directions with nearly any flavors (fruits, coffee, nuts etc. etc.).

WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate is an excellent flavor. In this recipe it pulls double duty as a fine ice cream and it changes the "blonde" cookie base into a chocolate cookie.

Clotted cream boosts the overall IC profile and adds a wonderful mouthfeel. It also helped in making the chocolate less "dark" leaning.

FLV Peanut Butter is an excellent, and very realistic, roasted peanut with a light salt note. It is not even close to what I would call a "true" peanut butter flavor.

It is just as tasty without FLV Peanut Butter. I originally mixed it without FLV PB, so I could get the other flavors set, then as was my plan, added the peanut butter.

I mixed two 10ml versions of this recipe. One minus sweetener. The other with 1 drop CAP Super Sweet. Both are flavorful. The one with CAP SS is a wee bit sweeter, but it's not something I would call a "sickly" sweet. It's just the right amount for my tastes.

This is a delicious tasting IC sandwich. You get the chocolate cookie profile out front, a very creamy ice cream in the middle and the peanut on the backside.

Note:

A "blond" cookie version (no chocolate) of this ice cream sandwich can easily be made with one or two subs. Pull WF Ice Cream Dark Chocolate, then sub 2.5% SSA Ice Cream or 2.5% SSA Ice Cream Vanilla. Or use them in combination, with one at 1.5% and the other at 1%. The SSA IC's make a more complete ice cream profile when combined.

Users who are viewing this thread