Smoking's Innocent Victim, my reason to quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Wow HippieHermit... quite the touching story and also thank you again for your service. Aren't pets amazing? The way they simply want to please us regardless of who or how we are - the unconditional love they give to us? Even though, as I've previously stated, I thought I was the most considerate smoker (always going outside, trying to stay away or at least downwind from people that didn't, etc.) it was only a few short months ago, while still smoking analogs, that I would go outside to play Frisbee with my dog, and during "breaks" I would go off to the side yard to have a smoke. Inevitably, he'd come running up to me with his Frisbee while I was smoking and I'd tell him to, "go... go... go lay down and take a break." And dejected he would, and in hindsight, to him it must have seemed like I was ...... or scolding him, while all he wanted to do was be near me and continue playing without a care in the world about the smell or heath affects. Since I've been vaping, I don't worry about that so much anymore. I know it's not the same as suffering the loss of a best pal, but your thread reminded me that there are consequences for smoking however miniscule they may seem at the moment. I wish you all the best, and thank you too for reminding folks about the unintended harm that may be inflicted upon those we love and whom offer unconditional love.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
Thank you for sharing your story, and thank you for serving our country.

My father is a retired Army veteran who is struggling to quit smoking. I gave him my eGo batts, and he is a dual user now. It took me along time to even get him to use his ecig. Pets are wonderful, too. I have two dogs, Bridget, an 11 y/o chihuahua/terrier mix, and Gracie, a 4 y/o Chocolate Lab. Gracie has PTSD as well since she was used for breeding in a puppy mill, and I am trying to love her and teach her that not everyone wants to hurt her. Oreo sounds like he understood you, and I know he wouldn't want you to feel guilty. He is probably looking down on you from heaven, and feeling proud of you for quitting smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread