Smoke-Break Liquid Cigarette (now testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
If the FDA is consistent, this will be denied entry to the marketplace, no matter what the trials conclude. Too attractive to children.

Smoke-Break is a clear plastic tube that contains a cherry tasting gel spiked with nicotine that the user swallows.

But that quote puts me off. Swallowing nicotine is the least effective use of the drug. Digestion and absorption just don't work well. Even smokeless users know to absorb nicotine through the mouth for quicker delivery than swallowing tobacco! Ditto for nasal snuff users.

I experimented with putting very fine nasal snuff powder (about a teaspoonfull) in a milkshake for awhile. Got no kick, so I stopped. No other effects. Just .. nothing at all.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
leaford said:
It's too much like candy. It will never be allowed.
TropicalBob said:
Too attractive to children.
I'm sure Big Pharma and the FDA can resolve this.

Wisconsin inventor creates smokeless cigarette
Smoke-Break tastes like 'lutefisk with a kick'

http://tinyurl.com/4wn584

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
I think it's strange that so many folks seem to think that by replacing the nicotine, folks can quit smoking. That may be true for some folks, but I am at least as addicted to the act of smoking as I am the nicotine itself. I'm much more confident in my ability to slowly ween myself off nic than the act of smoking. Sure I get grumping if I don't have nic, but I get freeaked out and want to cry if I can't smoke. If the fda or big pharma wants to market a product that will truely get folks off smoking ciggerettes then they are going to have to look at something that truly replicates the act of smoking. Either that or figure out a why to erase the memory of ever having smoked from my brain (now thats scary)

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
jasondavis48108 said:
but I get freeaked out and want to cry if I can't smoke.
falloff.gif
That's almost TMI. hehehehe

Really, I appreciate your honesty. Mostly I get angry and want to pound someone. :twisted:

jasondavis48108 said:
I think it's strange that so many folks seem to think that by replacing the nicotine, folks can quit smoking. That may be true for some folks, but I am at least as addicted to the act of smoking as I am the nicotine itself. I'm much more confident in my ability to slowly ween myself off nic than the act of smoking.
There's a lot of truth to that or we wouldn't be here. Most smokers know it isn't so clearcut. There are many different factors to smoking ciggies. Different products can work on different aspects of the addiction and the numerous related habits.

I lost my terror of quitting smoking by trying NRT products. Losing that hyperfear set me up nicely for actually quitting ciggies, which I did within hours of getting my first ecig. Had I not gone through that process I may have smoked and used ecigs together for some time, which many posters are doing.

Some cessation folks, especially harm reduction proponents, are now studying and promoting combination therapy and it does have higher success rates, at least early on. Why not try them all, throw everything and anything at it, see what sticks? It's a powerful addiction w/powerful habits, so attack it with a full arsenal. That's how I've been looking at it.
(I'm speaking of NRT, not meds.)

Pharma is also considering higher NRT nic - I recently read about a test of 35mg patches (current max is 21mg).

Besides safety, what concerns me about ecigs right now is all the extra habits added because of the unreliability - it's very crack-like with all the putzing around we do.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
We are so alike in "throwing the book" at our habit/addiction. I use whatever I want at the moment. I can almost guarantee you that I'd not stay off cigarettes with JUST e-smoking. Or just snus. Or just Stonewall. Or just a patch or gum or nasal spray. I need it ALL. I need it when I feel the need for it.

And thank goodness someone is paying attention to the minor detail that Big Pharma's restricted amounts of nicotine were grossly insufficient to satisfy nicotine addicts in the throes of withdrawal. A much stronger patch might get some through the night without waking up with the world's strongest desire for a smoke.

Before e-smoking, I used a small plastic quit-smoking cigarette. I chewed up so many that my wife ended up buying all of them from every drugstore in town. I chewed the ends off, cut a new squared-off end with scissors, then chewed some more. Broke a front tooth twice while chewing the plastic. But that little plastic ciggie was essential to replace the real cigarette I'd always had between my fingers, or dangling from my lips, or clamped between my teeth.

E-smoking is a real upgrade from that chewed-up piece of plastic. Better than the toothpicks I always carried in a special Old West toothpick holder bought in an antique store. Now I see vapor. I taste coffee and tobacco flavor. I feel a hit in my throat. Good enough? No. But I sure don't want to lose this resource for the times that I need it.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA

jbbishop

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
SLC, UT U.S.A.
All these pharmacological forms of nicotine that can be swallowed have little advantage over the Stonewall Hard Snuff which is made of compressed dissolvable tobacco, low in nitrosamines, but it costs so much less money - like $3.00 for a pack of 20 pieces, each containing 4mg of nicotine.

There doesn't seem to be a thread on here for this product. Personally I find the product to be quite delightful, and the only over the counter form of tobacco I have been able to use before that did not involve smoking. Unfortunately, this method of ingestion, in that you don't inhale the product, did not make this a successful nicotine replacement therapy for me.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
All these pharmacological forms of nicotine that can be swallowed have little advantage over the Stonewall Hard Snuff which is made of compressed dissolvable tobacco, low in nitrosamines, but it costs so much less money - like $3.00 for a pack of 20 pieces, each containing 4mg of nicotine.

There doesn't seem to be a thread on here for this product. Personally I find the product to be quite delightful, and the only over the counter form of tobacco I have been able to use before that did not involve smoking. Unfortunately, this method of ingestion, in that you don't inhale the product, did not make this a successful nicotine replacement therapy for me.

I've heard TropicalBob talk about the Stonewall many times in various threads. I think he's the king of snuff and snus :p

Lu

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
It doesn't have a separate thread, but I have touted it in virtually every post I make on quitting. Why use ONE method? Use them all!

I was a very early user of both Ariva and Stonewall, since maker Star Scientific sent samples to my newspaper office. Nobody liked 'em but me, so I ended up with ALL the sample packs. From that, I became a regular user.

I buy five packs of Stonewall Java each week. I also do snus non-stop, smoke my pipe about three times a day, and e-smoke non-stop. Nasal snuff is an occasional treat.

But I'll tell you, I never want to be without my Stonewall. One tablet goes into my mouth first thing in the morning and after every meal. I use Stonewall and snus publicly, where an e-cig would raise eyebrows.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
My son just tried the Camel Snus. He said it gave him heartburn...so he gave it to me to try...lol I am going to try it this weekend.

I'm afraid it won't be enough to quell that "hand to mouth" desire so am wondering if smoking some no nic juice with it might help?

Also, Bob, do you have any concern about the oral cancer it touts?

And....how many nic mgs is this stuff? Are there varying strengths or is it just standard?

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

SilverEagleBW

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
Rejoice;

I am having some allergy trouble with e cigs and also a damned stomach ulcer to boot,so i am looking at other options.Yes i am going to get the H Pylori test for the ulcer and hopefully that will help,e cigs right now are murdering my stomach for some reason.I did an all out search here for the Stonewall/Ariva,finally found the Ariva at a Rite Aid about 15 miles from me,,,,,,YAY!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,This trip searching for the Ariva was worth it,!!!!!,i got the java,let me tell you,man is it delicious!!!,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,It has a malted sweet coffee taste,like some sort of expensive mocha you would get from Starbucks,etc.i reallyt love it,i could do these things all day long,,,lmao,I will have to wait till i get this stupid stomach issue addressed before i can use them,ugh,that sucks,lol

Tell ya what,if e cigs do get banned,this is the route i am taking for sure Rejoice,,,,get yourself some Java,you wont be let down,it is very delicious even if you dont like coffee,,,,,,:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread