Small town meets to examine vaping in Hawaii island community....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
OK Im going to guess that this isnt a one off event. Schools have “health” professionals come to address students and imho they’re largely spreading BS.
I suppose in an area where public smoking & vaping is prohibited, if a community member sees someone
taking a hit on a mod., and its completely foreign to the person, their imaginations take off...”what is that, drugs..?”. The school policy is confiscate all equipment- the bearers are minors.
In a small ranching community of Kamuela/Waimea, a local MD turned politician (who enjoys cigars) decided to hold a town hall meeting to educate the public on vaping. Im not sure it was successful as most in attendance were senior citizens, and much of the discussion from an ER doctor, Govt health employee, school principal,was uninformed, sharing fears of “formaldihyde” and other toxins.
This is what we’ve all been battling as individual world wide communities for years from ANTZ, the oldest complaint singing the tune of kids taking to vape for the flavored liquids.
This state has tried repeatedly to ban all flavored liquids and has passed more anti vape legislation than most other states, countries.
Its uphill folks, even with the host on the side of vaping.

You can find the hour on You tube listed as March 1 2018,Vaping Discussion in Waimea, by Big Island Video News,
I can only say this takes time...and education.
Im so grateful to the vape shop owner who did well to inform, stand his own ground attempting to dispell myths about ingredients and more. (Black Lava Vapes owner)
Let us know if your local communities have these battles too. Im saddened this was not promoted,
I’d have liked to attend with armfulls of printed data, but then again, who’s to know which way the winds going to blow at such a small town event?
Cheers, vape on.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Ipster, I'm sorry to hear it but thanks for sharing your experience and news with us. :)

Anna
Thanks Anna,
Dont know where you and hubby are, but some places still look at vaping like your smoking {moderated by Robin1}....LOL!
We’re fighting to educate one day at a time.
I object to places cramming their “healthy” lifestyle down our throats.
If you have the time, join in with CASAA, good pps there, very aware of the battles faced by pps in other places.
Hey Hawaii Is not the only place.
Laws against vaping are just... well nuts!
Cheers.

Moderator note: fixed the quote stuff for ya ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread