Sigelei Zmax issues. HELP!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkfastholsters

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Chester, VA
Ok, so I have had a sigelei Zmax V2.5 since around the end of march and I love it but within the last 2 or 3 weeks a couple issues have popped up. The first one is that when I fire the device to take a hit it will sometimes start cycling through the menu. As most of you know, the sigelei requires 3 clicks to access the menu and mine is accessing with one click of the button when firing. It never does it if I only click it once but if I click it and hold it down to take a drag. That issue I can live with because it doesnt happen every time and its easily fixed. The second problem is what concerns me. I just found out a couple of days ago that my device is putting out about 1-1.5 volts LESS than what its set at. For example, If I have my device set at 4.1 volts it only reads 2.7 or so on a volt meter. I have tried different 18650 batteries, different cartos, clearos, and attys, I made sure I was in RMS mode, but nothing changed. My device still works and most of the time it FEELS like it works at its full power. I was using a cisco 510 LR atty when I first noticed something funny but I thought it was just my atty going out because the flavor was muted and the hit was a lot cooler and less vapor but it was still reading at its normal OHM and worked fine on other devices. I have had less issue with my most recent boge F16 carto but when I first put the carto on the device I got "low load" and it wouldnt fire. I had to take it off and wipe the connections and havent really had any issue since. I bought the Sigelei from a local online vendor and he had a 90 day warranty on it but shortly after I got it he stopped carrying them and started carrying the V3 telescoping model. Im definitely within the 90 days but he didnt sound to eager to resolve the issue in his first response to my email. he just said "i dont have any more of those. try longer 18650s or try the short end cap." :glare: Any body have an idea what might be the issue and if its fixable or is my Sigelei slowly fading away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread