Mar 25, 2015
Lancaster, NY
20171003_194848 (1).jpg

Reactions: VapieDan

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
OK time for a Zmax - Provari 2.5 shootout. Which one do you like the best and why? GO!

Yes Dan posted this four months ago, but is it too late to change my vote from Provari to Zmax? If the question was 'Which one do you use the most and why?' the Zmax would win hands down. The Provari has sat nicely tucked away for the summer while the Zmax has been in my daily rotation and goes with every time I leave the house. Sure it's a beater and expendable, but it has also taken everything I have thrown at it in stride and just keeps firing. Still looks pretty darn good too, the black finish hardly shows any wear at all. I kinda wish sigelei had made a 26 mm version to compete with the Seven-22 which is my big beater and is also still going strong. Both have been greasy, in the dirt, in the rain, bouncing and rolling across the floor... all stuff I don't want to do to the prized Provari. Wondering if mystique was overrated, while utility and compatibility were underrated when I voted. Just engaging in a bit of hindsight here plus giving thread a little bumperoo. :)

Reactions: VapieDan

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Yes Dan posted this four months ago, but is it too late to change my vote from Provari to Zmax? If the question was 'Which one do you use the most and why?' the Zmax would win hands down. The Provari has sat nicely tucked away for the summer while the Zmax has been in my daily rotation and goes with every time I leave the house. Sure it's a beater and expendable, but it has also taken everything I have thrown at it in stride and just keeps firing. Still looks pretty darn good too, the black finish hardly shows any wear at all. I kinda wish Sigelei had made a 26 mm version to compete with the Seven-22 which is my big beater and is also still going strong. Both have been greasy, in the dirt, in the rain, bouncing and rolling across the floor... all stuff I don't want to do to the prized Provari. Wondering if mystique was overrated, while utility and compatibility were underrated when I voted. Just engaging in a bit of hindsight here plus giving thread a little bumperoo. :)

Adjustable wattage gives the Zmax a big advantage over the Provari. Durability gives the Provari a slight edge.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
looks interesting VapieDan, what do you know about it?, and do you own one?......if so can you post a picture?, thanks!

Yes I have one and it is very high quality. Nice chip. I do not have a picture but there is one in the link above.

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Zmax mods doing just fine, it is batteries in decline here. If anyone sees a deal to pounce on for 18500 batteries, please post link. I'm partial to button top style but will buy either. 18650s still doing ok but thinking a pair or two in reserve may be handy if priced right.

I will keep an eye out for you as well.

Reactions: BackDoc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread