• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Shipping e-liquids to UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone tried this before, as we all know orders of e-liquids from US to UK won't go through, the vendor themselves won't sell it to you (e.g. vaperev puts out a notice that due to regulations in UK shipping of e-liquids is not available), however my sister lives in Canada and I can order e-liquids from US and ship it to her.

Question is, if she sends them to me, will they go through the customs or no? What if it's sent with FedEx/DHL type of courier service?

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
"You can like a king, you can like an emperor, but the man you have to fear is the customs officer"
(Cuneiform inscription on a Sumerian clay slab, appox 3000 B.C.)

Hasn't changed much in the last 5000 years...

But if it's US-made liquids, why go the complicated way ?

UK is ( at least until now ) member of the EU, there's lots of of companies on the 'mainland' that have US-made liquids on offer.

Sure, customs is still entitled for look-see on intra-EU shipping, but it usually much faster and way more hassle-free than bringing it in from non EU countries. Ordering nic-base from Inawera in Poland, never had any issues so far...

erotikpanda

Moved On
Nov 3, 2013
U.K.
it's true there are some EU based vendors who sell a fraction of US produced e-liquids, the problem arises with the prices, right now vaperev has great sales (cybermonday) and i can get a 30ml bottle of premium e-liquid for 13$ whilst in UK it would be 14-15£ for the same item, a German supplier that I like sells that for 20€.

Apart from significant price difference, there is a question of limited choice.

My initial question was more of a long term plan, as in to order 20-30 30ml bottles of premium juice and ship it over through family in Canada, as far as getting 1-2 bottles, that I can do in UK (cloud9 is good on quality liquids).

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone tried this before, as we all know orders of e-liquids from US to UK won't go through, the vendor themselves won't sell it to you (e.g. vaperev puts out a notice that due to regulations in UK shipping of e-liquids is not available), however my sister lives in Canada and I can order e-liquids from US and ship it to her.

Question is, if she sends them to me, will they go through the customs or no? What if it's sent with FedEx/DHL type of courier service?

It's 12.8% to get into the UK, will stick a post up regarding this in a min.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Apart from that, billing adress : you . Shipping adress : your family in Canada.

Start with a small order and see what happens - if it doesn't get through the loss will be bearable. If it does, do the next shipment.
US/Canada shipping cots shouldn't be that high vs. sending your order all the way to the UK. It may need a go-between so that it can be rightfully sent as 'gift' shipment...x-mas season coming up, lots of presents getting sent back and forth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread