• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

UK Liquids Suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Thanks for the advice Starlight
You're welcome!

I actually already had a bunch of EVO 'mighty atom' batteries (M402s) but with the way I vape when I'm out they only last about an hour, LOL.
I think there must be something wrong there... They should definitely last longer than and hour, even if you chain vaped them, mine lasted ages. True, they don't last quite as long as the Genie, but should be more than a mere hour. If they're still under guarantee, can you ask about it?

I grabbed a bunch of 401 batts from ecigs.co.uk and they are LOADS better - they last 2-3 hours and they cut out after 7 secs instead of 5 and it makes a world of difference!
The shorter cut-out definitely makes a huge difference for the better! It's also nice that one can have black and platinum batteries too, which match the EVO black atties.

Oddly, though, their atties are nowhere near as good as the EVO ones.... Still not sure if it's down to different specs or just batch variation.
I got my EVO atties back in January. I then bought a Pilot (M401) from e-cigs.co.uk and got some of the brass atties, which look gorgeous with the black carts and batteries. I then got some EVO atties a few weeks ago, to see if they were like the old ones or like the Pilot ones.

Some people here swear that the EVO and M401 atties are the same. Like you, I don't think they are. The original EVO ones definitely aren't - under the bridge, there's a circle. On the original EVO ones, this circle was metal. On the Pilot (M401), this circle is white. On the newer EVO ones, it's also white. I found the Pilot atties to seem to give out a lot of air, which the original EVO ones didn't. I then found that the newer EVO ones also seemed a bit "airy".

Some time way back, Terraphon did a video of comparing the EVO and Pilot - he found that the EVO gave more hit and the Pilot gave more vapour, which at the time I felt was about right and I also found the EVO made certain flavours more "harsh" whilst the Pilot was a smoother milder vape. I put it down to a difference in atties, but it was before I knew there was a difference between them. However, I got annoyed with this "airy" feel to the Pilot atties as it was frustrating me and seemed to me to just get worse as time went by. That was when I thought I'd get a couple of new EVO atties, to see if they were any different. Can't say I found much difference to the Pilot ones although they might be slightly less "airy", that might be as both now have the white "circle" under the bridge.

Part of the problem might also be the carts. The original outer carts were short with a "stick" on the underside; some people say these were the best carts. Then they changed the carts - which are identical for the EVO and M401 - not once but twice. The 2nd lot were longer and therefore larger but seemed to leak even more than the first lot. The 3rd lot became very narrow inside, with a circle for air to circulate around the wool container. I believe many people got so fed up with the carts and their leaking and being fiddly that they now suggest that dripping is the best method for any M401. I'm not a "dripper" as I vape so often and with so many different flavours to be constantly dripping every 5 minutes. I'm afraid I got so fed up with the EVO/M401 that I've now put it away. I might sell it all, and have some unused batteries and little or unused atties too.

In the end, instead of buying more juice, I picked up a Classic (RN 4072?) as they were on offer at the time at e-cigs <snip> but subtle flavours (cap, strawberry etc) are completely tasteless in it.....
Yes, it's the RN4072 at E-Cigs.co.uk rather than the 801. Not sure what the difference is though, maybe those more in the know could tell you. I would definitely agree with you that one can barely taste the more subtle flavours! I find all flavours tend to be a bit milder in the Penstyle. On the other hand, it's a fab vape, really silky smooth and tons of vapour!

Just seen that ivapour have cap back in stock so will order those this weekend
Grab the Cap whilst you can, it has a tendency to go quickly! :)

For the JC juice have you noticed any difference in atty life?
Nope, I've not noticed any difference at all in atty life. For some reason, I've always bought their NPG even though I don't have a problem with VG. I think it may be as I once read here somewhere that some people felt the NPG had a slightly stronger flavour to it as well as more vapour, but I honestly can't remember now.

I really fancy 3 or 4 of the JC flavours but there are so many horror stories about them on ECF, I'm a bit wary..... Vanilla ice cream, Tennesee and Kona Coffee do tempt me...
I've not experienced any problems, nor any with them going green which was a problem some time ago. There's only been 24 mg available for some time now, so I guess you'd best grab those too before they run out of those too, LOL! I love the Vanilla Ice, it's one of my all time favourites, and nothing like any of the other vanillas, in my opinion.

Chin Chin!
And to you too! Enjoy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread