Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Good afternoon fellow Shinys!!
Have you done anything vape related today? If so tell us about it.

I ordered yet another dead rabbit v3 but it’s a limited edition with red carbon fire. I have all the other colors in this special unit plus it looks really cool to me :cool: !!

I also ordered the THC Hell vape Solo v1.5. I hope they move the afc hole a bit higher because I keep over squonking the ones I have. It’s very annoying. So like I said I hope they re-engineer it a bit.

I bought one from Element vape which to be honest I try to avoid because the shipping is over $12 then MA taxes which are about 75% which is a real problem. So I jump ship if I can find whatever I’m looking for is in China.

The other stuff I bought from 3FVape.

So I was a good Shiny today and for some reason I don’t feel too guilty about it.

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Good afternoon shinies,

I have received packages today, will take time off from housewood work this weekend, there will be some soldering instead.
    IMG_1897.jpeg

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    A great challenge Tor!
    That's for sure it will be, I'll have to practice a bit first on some broken mods first. I have a lot to try.

Been there myself. I got a bag of screens thinking I could just plug them in. Soldering all those tiny connections is way beyond my skill level. With my old eyes I can barely even see them. Threw the bag of screens in a tub and forgot about it.

I did hear that some Picos come with a plug, no idea if that's true.
    I will go for the project when the soldering iron is to be used again, I have magnifying glasses, but it will be tinkering.
    Yep, I had three Picos with soldering, and three with plugs, then I have two types of bronze that I don't know what the inside is like.

It's easier to desolder those with some flux and to run the iron sideways over it. To resolder flux the board again and just enough solder and it should just run the iron tip over it.
    thanks mate, the easiest way I can imagine is to solder a wire across first, I imagine it's easier to get heat evenly over the cable rib for disassembly.
    I don't bother trying to find the right flex cable connector, going to solder on a new screen.

Where did you get the replacement screens for the Picos?
    AliExpress:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good evening Shinies.

It's rebuilding time. I'm kind of happy to have something vape-related and hands-on to do again; All this vaping without the need for tinkering has been new to me.

2 RBAs cleaned and rewicked last night, 2 more for tonight.
    I’ve been leaning in the opposite direction. I’ve been running a bunch of drop in coils lately. About the only thing I’ve built lately is the rba for the pulse aio v2.

Resistance

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 22, 2020
    That's for sure it will be, I'll have to practice a bit first on some broken mods first. I have a lot to try.

I will go for the project when the soldering iron is to be used again, I have magnifying glasses, but it will be tinkering.
    Yep, I had three Picos with soldering, and three with plugs, then I have two types of bronze that I don't know what the inside is like.

thanks mate, the easiest way I can imagine is to solder a wire across first, I imagine it's easier to get heat evenly over the cable rib for disassembly.
    I don't bother trying to find the right flex cable connector, going to solder on a new screen.

AliExpress:
    That also works. I've seen a few using that method and to clean up the board.
    Whatever works better for you.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Good afternoon shinies,

I have received packages today, will take time off from housewood work this weekend, there will be some soldering instead.
    View attachment 1012173
    Those up/down button pcbs with the the tracks instead of loose wires look so much neater. Are they from Stealth Vape or maybe Vape and Make?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Those up/down button pcbs with the the tracks instead of loose wires look so much neater. Are they from Stealth Vape or maybe Vape and Make?
    They come from a French shop, they sell original billet boxes, pricey though.

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    What about the atty positive and battery pos assemblies?
    I prefer the billet box original battery positive assembly, it comes without a clip so the clip has to be made, but the cord is longer and is shaped to fit between the two large blocks on the dna 60.
    Atty positives are soldered with a large drop to reduce leakage, I would assume the insulation is in black peek since they could solder like that. For a proper seal I would think a drop of silicone around the peek and the solder drop will seal 100%.
    24.50€ in shipping, DHL Express, is the only choice we have from this French store.

a positive is the control buttons, but it requires thick double-sided tape, which is actually a positive since there is a lot of quality to be had there.

Users who are viewing this thread