Severe anxiety, panic, and rage

Status
Not open for further replies.

maegif

Nov 9, 2009
Auburn, GA
Ghalenlee,

I really feel for your struggles and for everyone else having issues quitting analogs. Smoking analogs increases dopamine (our natural anti-depressant) and is also a MAOI (like the old traditional anti-depressants). It makes sense that it would help with psych symptoms. I also understand the no insurance no money thing. You can go to an ER, but you will get a hefty bill. You can probably get it discounted or written off after a lot of paperwork and follow up. It's a real pain. Also, there are ancillary bills (whoever reads your test results, etc.) and those will bill separate from the hospital and will not always be discounted or written off. It is cheaper to make an appointment with a psychiatrist and pay $120 for the visit and get a 90 day prescription and order from some place like planet drugs dot com for about 1/4 of the price locally. Many of the drug manufacturers have indigent programs to supply their meds for free. You have to go to the manufacturer website and get an application and send it in, you will need to take it to the psych appointment because it requires a doctor's approval. It will take weeks to get approved, but you may find yourself with a year of free meds supplied by the manufacturer. Order your 90 day supply through the web and then go through the approval process for the free meds. I did this for my husband and we were approved for a year of free meds (which cost $400/month at the pharmacy, $100/month through the internet). Hope this helps someone get the care they need. Blessings to all.

maegif

Nov 9, 2009
Auburn, GA
One more thing. A couple posts up someone recommended the emofree website. It does work. I had panic attacks that only happened when I drive and I totally quit driving for a year because of it. Using the emotional freedom technique of tapping got me back behind the wheel after a year away. Some people do need meds, though. So make an appt for a psychiatrist, it will be a well spent $120 to get the right meds and then you can try again to wean yourself away from the analogs. Don't give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread