Service/upgrades on used ProVari

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Looking at my options to expand the family and a couple of thoughts crossed my mind:
1. If I buy1 a used ProVari and wanted to have it upgraded to v2, will ProVape do that since I'm not the original owner? Same price?
2. If I wanted to refinish the case, would I be able to "gut" the unit prior to having ProVape upgrade? What would my options be?
3. If I had ProVape upgrade/refurbish any other parts (window, 510 connector etc), since the unit would then be for all intents and purposes be "new" is there any warranty? Could it be purchased?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00

Return shipping International ~$46.95

https://provape.zendesk.com/entries/22420917-Standard-Service-Repair-Costs

1.) ProVape will upgrade your ProVari to V2 for $20.
2.) As far as I know, yes. It's easy to disassemble and reassemble, but some people have sent their ProVari for disassembly and reassembly before and after refinishing.
3.) As far as I know, the only time an additional warranty is extended is on a Circuit board replacement. That covers only the circuit board for 1 year. I could be wrong on that.

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
So they don't care if you are original owner or not? Great!

From their website:
This warranty is extended only to the original end-use purchaser or the person receiving the product as a gift, and shall not be extended to any other person or transferee.

This means that the warranty is NOT transferrable so once you buy one used, it is essentially "out of warranty". However, you can purchase service on used ones at the rates that PoM outlined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread