Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
That site might have some value, but it is certainly lacking in detecting sites running scams. An example, put in regalcig.com and it shows as a trusted site...all green. But if you look at the history of this company they are scamming new vapers left and right giving you a free ecig trial (cigalike) and charging you 120.00 after 14 days from your order if you haven't gotten an RMA and returned the product... and only using a maximum of 1 non-refillable cartridge from the several they send you. And then charge an outrageous continuing charge when they automatically send you new cartridges every couple of weeks. And if you call to cancel within the 14days (doubtful you will since it takes 10 to 12 days to get the product and they start counting as soon as you order), they will harass and yell at you telling you that you can't cancel. Total scam, but this site says they are perfectly trust worthy. Literally 100's of complaints about this that all read the same.

So the only thing this site checks is if they are trustworthy to take your money. Very little value I think.

If you don't believe me, do a search on that site for regalcig.com to see they are "trustworthy", then do a google search for the truth. Sorry for the doubt about this site, but I know several people that have been scammed by regalcig, and this site to reveal scammers shows them as trusted even though they have been defrauding for a couple of years.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
So the only thing this site checks is if they are trustworthy to take your money. Very little value I think.

Well, it certainly has value for me. I feel it is a great tool in researching a site. Nobody is saying that it should be the only tool that you use when deciding but, it certainly helps. This is not something that should be used to check a product. This is to check the safety of the site. I have found several untrusted sites using it already.

The sites that you are talking about with the free trials are everywhere and well known. There is even a warning about them at the top of the new members forum. That is a different risk than just taking your money and sending you nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread