raspberry watermelon cream (no steep!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
just whipped this up and its so good i had to share. not even sure it needs any adjusting but i do know these particular flavors are a must to make this taste right. I think it taste like a werther's original cream saver type flavor . pretty awesome stuck the glass jar in a bowl of hot rice for about 5 mins shook it up good and viola . reply if you tried it or adjusted it so i can try it too! :):vapor:

flavor art watermelon 4%
flavor art raspberry 3%
flavor art fresh cream 2%

Last edited:
Reactions: LeeLee26

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
I tried this last night but obviously screwed it up. I am VERY new at DIY. I followed the above recipe but did not have any hot rice laying around (Why hot rice?) so I just shook it. Tasted like watermelon seed. No rasberry or creme taste. Thought maybe some sweetner would help. I put one drop in 10ml then thought I should stop and let it steep. Dou you think I should let it steep, cook some rice or head to the local B&M and just buy my juice?:confused:

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
I tried this last night but obviously screwed it up. I am VERY new at DIY. I followed the above recipe but did not have any hot rice laying around (Why hot rice?) so I just shook it. Tasted like watermelon seed. No rasberry or creme taste. Thought maybe some sweetner would help. I put one drop in 10ml then thought I should stop and let it steep. Dou you think I should let it steep, cook some rice or head to the local B&M and just buy my juice?:confused:

The rice is just to hold in the heat for a few minutes to help the flavors blend! (Which is why you use uncooked rice). I just stick in a bowl of very hot water, and if necessary refill the hot water to keep warm for 10 minutes or so.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Thanks Amanda! Do you think giving the above recipe a bath will bring out the other flavors?

Yes quite likely! I often find that flavors come together after a day or two even with a bath/steep. Anytime I make a 'meh' juice, I put it away for a week. You may recall wllmc's 'jam sammichez' recipe - I made it, vaped it, and was 'meh!' Put away for a few days, revisited it, and it was delicious!

I think some of this has to do with the fact that we seem to pick up different tastes than others sometimes. For me, my tastebuds seem sometimes to be a little slow on the uptake LOL

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
OK Thanks, I'll give it a bath tonight and try it again. If not better I'll give it some more time. I really like the sound of this. I hope putting in that drop of sweetner didn't mess it up.

Ah, sweetener - how much did you make? If it's a small amount I would dump it and start again. In my experience FA flavors don't need sweetener and can give it a really strange taste...

I haven't made this yet, but in my experience the raspberry is a pretty strong (and sweet) flavor. How did you measure your flavors?

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
sorry for the late reply. amanda has given great advice. steeping a day or 2 will help it mend. have you tried these flavor individually before you tried this recipe? it will be hard to pick out them mixed together because they play together so well. the raspberry makes that watermelon pop pretty good. especially the seed part. I love that seed taste. you dont get that anywhere but from FA. you should be able to pick out the taste of raspberry at 3% tho. I like this one with just a little heat to make it mix well and then wait just a little bit until it cools. this is solely an opinion and I have seen no one say this so maybe its just me, but fresh cream when vaped right away has this crazy good creaminess that is separate from the mix. like a cream savers candy cream feeling. especially in this mix and with fruit. once it sits for a day or 2 it blends into the mix. you should be able to taste that creamy taste also. maybe its just over flavored for your tongue to. this is a pretty maxed out blend for FA in my opinion. add half more base maybe. this should easily be good at half the percentages. I personally like to vape this within the first hour. let us know how it goes for you. glad you tried it and for the feedback :vapor:

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
Ah, sweetener - how much did you make? If it's a small amount I would dump it and start again. In my experience FA flavors don't need sweetener and can give it a really strange taste...

I haven't made this yet, but in my experience the raspberry is a pretty strong (and sweet) flavor. How did you measure your flavors?

I made 10ml. Measured everything with a syringe. Would one drop ruin it?

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
sorry for the late reply. amanda has given great advice. steeping a day or 2 will help it mend. have you tried these flavor individually before you tried this recipe? it will be hard to pick out them mixed together because they play together so well. the raspberry makes that watermelon pop pretty good. especially the seed part. I love that seed taste. you dont get that anywhere but from FA. you should be able to pick out the taste of raspberry at 3% tho. I like this one with just a little heat to make it mix well and then wait just a little bit until it cools. this is solely an opinion and I have seen no one say this so maybe its just me, but fresh cream when vaped right away has this crazy good creaminess that is separate from the mix. like a cream savers candy cream feeling. especially in this mix and with fruit. once it sits for a day or 2 it blends into the mix. you should be able to taste that creamy taste also. maybe its just over flavored for your tongue to. this is a pretty maxed out blend for FA in my opinion. add half more base maybe. this should easily be good at half the percentages. I personally like to vape this within the first hour. let us know how it goes for you. glad you tried it and for the feedback :vapor:

Well, didn't get a chance to give it a warm bath. Got a new (my first) KFL in the mail and was struggling with that. I didn't try the flavors alone first. Guess that was my first mistake. Should I still give it a bath when I get a chance or will just letting it steep a couple days do the trick. I really like the sound of this. I will say this watermellon sticks around for a bit. After trying this I poured it back into the bottle, wiped out my clearo, and refilled with HIC's White Irish Peach. I could taste the watermellon for most of the tank. Wasnt too bad actually now that I think of it.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
if its already sitting for a day its probably close to good. those fruits dont need much. possibly the clero thing. havent vaped one of those for awhile, the KFL will be better once you figure that out. being able to totally clear out other flavors and put fresh in will make a difference in all your juices. good luck :) hope you get the KFL figured out lol
Well, didn't get a chance to give it a warm bath. Got a new (my first) KFL in the mail and was struggling with that. I didn't try the flavors alone first. Guess that was my first mistake. Should I still give it a bath when I get a chance or will just letting it steep a couple days do the trick. I really like the sound of this. I will say this watermellon sticks around for a bit. After trying this I poured it back into the bottle, wiped out my clearo, and refilled with HIC's White Irish Peach. I could taste the watermellon for most of the tank. Wasnt too bad actually now that I think of it.

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
got the KFL figured out with some help. Unfortunately I'm at work now so I can't try the juice now. I know I should have cleaned the tank but was being lazy and thought they were close enough. :p I'm hoping the sweetner won't hurt it too bad, I like sweet, but if it does I'll dump it and try again. I guess the sweetner could overpower the flavors??? Sorry for the stupid questions (and my poor attempt at your recipe) but I really want to get this right.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
I cant say exactly for sure about the sweetener, some people seem to love it and some think it kills the flavor after a couple days. I think one of a couple things is happening. either A we all are just using sweetener at to high of a percentage or B it really kills flavor or C some people just dont like sweetener. I think it mutes some flavor and mostly just taste funky to me so I dont use it. maybe the sweetener will work good for you so stuff is always worth trying. from my personal experience juice taste better without it and once you start really getting into your flavors and what they can and cant do or what flavors are sweet and can be subbed for sweetener or just getting your percentages right is what makes a juice sweet. most flavors are sweet enough. I have a really good example. FA banana vs inawera banana. FA banana is like eating a banana, light flavor, kinda creamy and not overpowering (one of my favorites) and the inawera is ridiculously sweet and candy flavor. like pouring a bag of banana runts in your mouth. thats good for about 10 mins but then the sweetness gets to be to much. (for me) If you wanted FA banana to be more sweet you could add just a drop of inawera to pull a sweeter banana from FA. to much and the sweetness kills it. I like natural fruit flavors so I use Flavor art. if you want more sweet candy type flavors maybe add a little of another one you have to it. kinda like I said earlier that raspberry is noticeable when you have tried it single flavored but mixed it really makes the watermelon flavor pop. ...... super good .. sorry such a long answer and hope it all makes sense I dont proof read anything and ignore spell check lol.

Reactions: LeeLee26

joesquid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Chesapeake, Va
No...thank you for the long answer. Gives me alot to think about and helps me understand some things as well.

The good news....tried this recipe last night after a couple days steeping. Much better to me (and not too sweet). I can taste the cream and the watermelon was not so overpowering to me. Much more subtle which I like. I still can't pick out the rasberry but that must just be me. I let 2 of my sons try it without telling them what it was. Both immediately said rasberry. All them years of smoking must have fried my rasberry taste buds.:D I guess everyones tastes are different. I don't like the candy like sweet flavors either but do like a hint of sweetness. Thinkin some folks need more sweetner to taste the same level of sweetness.

Bottom line is I really like this juice. Been vaping it since last night. I still want to taste the rasberry. Don't care what my kids can taste, it's my juice. :laugh: I want to try to add more rasberry but don't know how much. Do you go with a few drops, .1ml or what? Don't want to go overboard.

wllmc

Moved On
Oct 29, 2013
colorado springs co
what I would try next is just swapping the percents around, for now you could ad a couple more drops or just vape that up and do 4 raspberry 3 watermelon or even 1% watermelon and 3% raspberry :) thanks for the feed back , glad you like it :vapor:
No...thank you for the long answer. Gives me alot to think about and helps me understand some things as well.

The good news....tried this recipe last night after a couple days steeping. Much better to me (and not too sweet). I can taste the cream and the watermelon was not so overpowering to me. Much more subtle which I like. I still can't pick out the rasberry but that must just be me. I let 2 of my sons try it without telling them what it was. Both immediately said rasberry. All them years of smoking must have fried my rasberry taste buds.:D I guess everyones tastes are different. I don't like the candy like sweet flavors either but do like a hint of sweetness. Thinkin some folks need more sweetner to taste the same level of sweetness.

Bottom line is I really like this juice. Been vaping it since last night. I still want to taste the rasberry. Don't care what my kids can taste, it's my juice. :laugh: I want to try to add more rasberry but don't know how much. Do you go with a few drops, .1ml or what? Don't want to go overboard.

downInTn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Tennessee

It's funny 'cause I have the exact opposite problem. I can't taste the watermelon flavor for anything and adding just a small amount of raspberry to anything(so far) and it's all I can taste. I guess it goes to show why some may like a certain food or flavor and others don't. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread