Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Others who are more experienced can go into detail with you about variable wattage vs. variable voltage. I happen to love VV and VW but find that vaping is more consistent w/ wattage on the Darwin. It is a great vape no matter what you throw at it. I like being able to dial up and down w/ the wheel. Never experience a drop off in power or change in my vape.

There are no removable batteries w/ the Darwin. A charge lasts me about two days vaping but I do use other PVs as well. It can be charged overnight w/ plug in charger without babysitting or worries about overcharging. Batteries come w/ 1 year warranty and are replaceable after 1st year for $25 but the unit needs to be sent to Evolv.

Only negatives that I've really seen are that the arm does not fully close with a tank attached (works fine w/ a tank - I typically lay mine down with arm extended up between vapes) and the form. The form is perfect for me - it's just about the right weight not too heavy and not plastic light - but others may prefer the traditional tubular mod. There was a thread earlier about the thumbwheel moving when the device was pocketed but I don't pocket so has not been an issue that I've experienced.

I'm sure that others will chime in as well. Good Luck!

Last edited:

liljuanton

Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Simi Valley CA
the weight on the darwin is great. its built like a tank and I highly recommended giving it a sho, one con is price and availability I had one hell of a time finding one however i was on a time crunchand it was important to get one before i left. If your serious about what shoot drew from inhaler an order i was told by brandon last week that nhaler would be getting some blue led models in last Wednesday. good luck

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Pro's -- VW is sweet. No need to really say more.

-- The display data is readily available with one look
-- Can handle whatever atty/carto you put on it --and when it runs into a bad one, it lets you know
-- Revives old used atty's for a fresh new feeling experience
-- It doesn't roll around (Great for table or car seat)
-- Can charge between vapes via the usb charge port. (Sort of a pass through)
-- It's lighter than some other tube mods.
-- Battery life like I get with a good 18650 on a 3.7 volt mod
-- didn't think twice about taking as carry on luggage due to looks
-- great warranty

Cons --
-- It's not a bottom feeder
-- It's little sister model hasn't come out yet

:laugh:

:laugh:

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I bought a "signature" Darwin from the classifieds here on ecf. No clue as too why a "signature" is special. I just want to try the Darwin. Is the warranty transferable? And if I wanted to have it gone over, have a new battery installed, sorta like have a tuneup, will Evolv be willing to do this for me?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yes, the warranty is transferable. Not a bad idea to contact Evolv just so their records show you (if the seller can provide his order invoice to you that might be useful), but I don't know if that's technically necessary or not. As for a "tune-up", I'm sure they probably would be willing to give it a once-over for you. No idea on if he'd charge anything since it's not a repair issue, but the worst Brandon can say is "no" so you might as well email Evolv and ask. From what I've seen the CS is top-notch

The "signature" models are special simply because only the first couple of production runs had the signature, so it's a cosmetic feature that isn't available anymore. Doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot other than the collect-ability aspect ;-) I missed out on getting a signature one by a month or two, myself

Congrats on the purchase!

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Drew said he will have some soon. I guess there have been some hiccups in the production recently, so it's been a longer than usual dry spell. There's no automated notification built into the Nhaler shop site, but use the contact link on the site and he'll notify you when he's got some :)

Big Time thanks on the heads up.....went up on the website today at 5:00pm and sold out within an hour....Drew said this production has a new blue colored screen that he thinks everyone will love.:)

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I sent an email to evolv about 2 weeks ago about a "tune up" and have not gotten an answer. I also have a signature series bought off the classifieds.

E mail again -- it's pretty rare to not get a quick answer. Do get the details of the original invoice so the warranty can be transferred to you. (Date purchased and by whom). Let Evolv know this data when you email them.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
I had to send mine in for repair once and overnighted it to him. He overnighted it back to me the next day. He also upgraded the insides as it now has several notches in the arm. Meaning before it would lock straight up and closed. Now it locks in 4 places.

Close, 2 angles, and open. I love it!

That's fantastic....the locking 3 position is a feature of the latest or one of the latest revisions....just got mine a few days ago...very nice, you got a new revision feature.

Last edited:

Retriever

Moved On
Nov 2, 2011
I sent an email to evolv about 2 weeks ago about a "tune up" and have not gotten an answer. I also have a signature series bought off the classifieds.

I sent an email regarding the availability of the new Darwins about 3 weeks ago. Still no response. You would think as much as they cost they could at least acknowledge an email. Guess they don't need my business. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread