Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khalifa247

Jun 29, 2012
Atlanta
Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.. It seems like its in the right place.

Assuming our beloved vaping devices or the liquid are banned.. wouldn't it be possible for manufacturers to sell the parts separately I mean.. I doubt there would ever be laws against the import of batteries, heating elements and devices that can hold liquid right? For the DIY guys.. the pure nicotine isn't taxed and currently legal to sell right? I also doubt they would ban or tax nicotine or any of the ingredients found in our juice.. A lot of people use nic for pesticides as far as I know particularly commercial farms... and PG is often used as a preservative.. VG, and flavors shouldn't be subject to anything either.. I'm just wondering, hopefully this question isn't completely misplaced. :p

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
It is impossible to 'ban' anything that large numbers of people want and will pay for - it just isn't possible. What will happen though is that if regulations are brought in that restrict sales or some aspect of sales, the market will change, and possibly drastically.

For example ecig companies might need to go offshore in some way or another, or split their websites up so that some products are sold elsewhere, and so on.

One thing that will certainly happen is that prices will go up. Bans just raise the price, because supply becomes more convoluted. In the end most if not all bans will be removed, because when there are 30 million vapers it becomes a voting issue - but that might take a couple of decades.

Another factor is that in general the population will support smokers changing to ecigs, as there are few negatives of any consequence, and many positive attributes. Once the ecig industry is big enough they will be able to counter the pharmaceutical industry's propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread