Question of the day. Cartos or Attys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I was direct dripping on 510 attys for my first year of vaping, until I switched to the eGo tank for a short while.

Got annoyed and tried some of those spiffy dual coil cartos.. hmmmm cartos...

Then I discovered the fancy schmancy CE2 clearomizers aka "Fluxomizers" from gotvapes and am seriously hooked on those.

These days I only use the CE2s and dual coil cartos on a variable voltage eGo battery and I get consistant performance, great clouds of vapor and awesome flavor for not a lot of money or maintenance.

Hi Aunt Cranky, I thought I'd mention the bauway topcoils (ce2 clones) just in case you haven't seen them. I've had five of them in rotation for several weeks now and so far, no cracking, no pulling loose at the bottom, and no failures. (On the cracking, I should mention that I don't use any of the juices that crack the tubes, so I can't say for sure if they would crack with cinnamon or not, as I don't know.)

The only issue I have with these is wicking. I use 70/30 quite a lot and I have to do the magic wand trick between rapid vapes to prevent dry hits.

Note: The ego cone does not fit over these.

The main reason I'm mentioning these is longevity. Other vendors probably have them, but I've only seen them at madvapes, so here's a link in case you want to take a look at them.

Bauway 510 XL CE2 Style Clear Cartomizers, 2.5 ohm, 5 pack

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Uh oh. I'm going to be the contrarian in this thread.

Attys with carts filled with blue foam. For me the carts with blue foam vape almost bone dry. To fill I just pop the plug of foam out, drip directly into the cart to fill, slowly put the plug of blue foam back in and I'm good to go for several hours again. But attys were a lot less fun before I switched the polyfill in the carts to blue foam.

Tried cartos and didn't like: The fussing and mess filling them. And guessing if they were really full or not. Lotto vapor, but it tasted like "vaping lite" to me, compared to attys. Seemed to be going through twice as much liquid with cartos to get experience I wanted.

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Hey, there are some great answers here! Sure wish I could have done a poll, but I think a lot of people would just click a poll and run away without explaining themselves.

Myself, I'm using the Ego-T Tank. When it works good, I love it. When it doesn't, I spend too much time getting it back to usable shape. I saw those blue foam things, and it got me thinking. How about a blue foam extension cap to replace the regular cap on the ego-t tank? You could toss out the wick spike, and attach this blue foam cap that would extend the tank all the way down to the coil. This would be a fantastic mod for the Ego-T tank. No more drying up a wick. No more leaking.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Uh oh. I'm going to be the contrarian in this thread.

Attys with carts filled with blue foam. For me the carts with blue foam vape almost bone dry. To fill I just pop the plug of foam out, drip directly into the cart to fill, slowly put the plug of blue foam back in and I'm good to go for several hours again. But attys were a lot less fun before I switched the polyfill in the carts to blue foam.

Tried cartos and didn't like: The fussing and mess filling them. And guessing if they were really full or not. Lotto vapor, but it tasted like "vaping lite" to me, compared to attys. Seemed to be going through twice as much liquid with cartos to get experience I wanted.

if you are ever feeling alone search the forum for "carts" you will find that some of us still use them :) I used them (without any mod) until I found these clear tank carts in july. now I use the clear ones and attys. these do NOT require a special atty, I use a plain old 510 atty. this is one place that has them: BreezEsmokes - Premium Electronic Cigarettes

I don't care for cartos for the same reasons you cited :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread