Question about efest imr 18500 1000mah v2 (purple) batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
So I went to VapeBash today and met and took a picture with Mr Taste your juice himself PBusardo :) anyway I asked him for a suggestion on what vv mod to get and explained my needs... He pretty much suggested the ProVari which was a great choice so I picked on up from a vender that happens to be one of my local b&m's. I got a charger and a purple efest imr 18500 1000mah v2 high drain battery for my ProVari, are these good safe batteries to use with a ProVari? I known the provape website recommends the aw imr batteries but the vendor had the efest and and said that's what they also recommend. How safe are they and how low ohms can I go with them? I'm not doing sub ohms I will primarily be using a hcigar kayfun clone and a Omega rda clone. Thank you for your time

... Sent from my LG G2

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The purple Efest 18500 1000mAh battery has a 15 amp rating.

From what I have seen of these batteries, they are flat top. Only button top IMR batteries will work in the Provari.

The Provari won't fire a coil much less than 1.2 ohms, because of its 15 watt limit. I'm currently using a 1.3 ohm micro coil in my Kayfun @ 3 volts on my Provari and Silver Bullet.

The AW 18490 IMR 1100mAh button top has a 16.8 amp limit, so it is a better battery than the purple Efest.

Last edited:

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
The purple Efest 18500 1000mAh battery has a 15 amp rating.

From what I have seen of these batteries, they are flat top. Only button top IMR batteries will work in the Provari.

The Provari won't fire a coil much less than 1.2 ohms, because of its 15 watt limit. I'm currently using a 1.3 ohm micro coil in my Kayfun @ 3 volts on my Provari and Silver Bullet.

The AW 18490 IMR 1100mAh button top has a 16.8 amp limit, so it is a better battery than the purple Efest.

•Manufacturer: Efest
•Size: 18500
•Model: Efest 18500 P15A
•Type: Li-Mn (High Drain)
•Rated Capacity: 1000mAh
•Nominal Voltage: 3.7V
•Peak Voltage: 4.2V
•Cut-off Voltage: 2.5V
•Dimensions: 18.4mmX49.8mm
•Rechargeable: Yes
•Max Amp Output: 15A
•Chemistry: Lithium manganese Dioxide (Li-Mn02)
•Style: Flat Top
•Color: Purple
•Rated Capacity: 1000mAh

The only problem with that battery it will not last very lone between charges, maybe an hour on a regulated device tops.

Zombiecan

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
Which ProVari did you get? They had 6 of them when I got there. I don't know anything about that particular battery, but have used others versions. I'm also curious, did you get the betteries from CigTechs or from Efest? Efest's prices were really cheap.

I got the zombie edition ProVari v2.5 and I got the battery from cigtechs

... Sent from my LG G2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread