Pub Licensing body to ban e cigarettes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2008
the Netherlands
Do you know the 'cream'- taste from e-cig perhaps Nazareth? I'm wondering if that taste is about the same as the butter taste.It sure sounds like the same kind of conduct both are showing (cream: drowns out anything else, totally different 'experience' when smoking it, indeed like drinking pure coffee-cream or something; and impossible to get out of your atomizer again even with washing for a loooong time afterwards... yech...). So would like to be warned, if you or someone else actually knows both tastes so can compare them. :)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I too note the lack of burn from the homemade, and attribute that to nicotine. I get plenty of vapor, don't seem to get shorter life from the refilled cartridge, but don't get the hit. Dr. Loi said he doubted we would get a LOT of nicotine in the cooked tobacco fluid. Some, but nothing like 24mg per ml. If the burn is important, just use the homebrew to dilute some 24mg e-liquid. Adding two-thirds home brew cuts nic level to 6mg (still okay for some lung sting) and saves you money in the long run. Plus the flavors of commercials liquids are zilch, except for the flue-cured I did like. If I were still on trading terms with E-Cig, I'd order 50ml of tasteless 24mg e-liquid to use as the nicotine solution base. Then I'd add my flavors to that. You da man on the experiments. :D

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Thanks for the reply Bob- Hmmm- I wonder why I'm only gettign 6-7 real ciggs worth of draws out of a refilled Cart? I'm soaking the 'wool' almsot to hte point wherre it drips if held upside down, and infact I have to tap the Cart a bit before installign it in the pen as if I don't, I'll get soem liquid in the mouth. I'm wonderign if it's maybe the alcohol that's in the Extracts- I'll fill a Cart with just straight glycerin, and test it to see if that might be the case. I don't have any commercial E-Liquid, and perhaps there's soemthign in the E-Liquid that helps extend the wetness of the Carts- but I'd think the glycerin itself woudl accomplish that, but it doesn't seem to in my refilled Carts for soem reason. Iu'm gonne do a little research to see how nicotine can be extracted from tobacco- maybe I can get a little boost htere. I don't really feel comfortable orderign form E-Cig- seems they charge too much shipping and it might get lost in shipping from what I've read? I'd order from Jane, but don't have a paypal accoutn unfortunately. Wish more venders woudl take credit card

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
six or sevens worth of real cigarettes out of a (pen style) cart is normal.. even e-cig despite their faults are honest about about this one.. the rest tell lies..

my last dozen or so orders from e-cig have not got last in transit.. in fact none have.. buy pipe carts and squeeze them out while the olympic stuff is going on to get around any liquid uncertainty..

dont let the e-cig haters overly influence u they do have their uses..

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
thanks for posting Trog- hmmm- I am honestly gettign quite a few more Real cigg's worth from my cartridges for the SmartFixx [provided we're counting 10 full drags = one real cigarette- which as I've said, I have tested by countign my drags off a real Cigg]- maybe that will change as my pen gets a little older [it's only 4 days old right now] and the atomizer gets a little weaker. The vapor probably starts dropping off around I would say 10-12 real ciggs worth, but it's still ample vapor for quite a few more real ciggs worth. I'm goign to say that after the first test with the brand new pen where I got 370 full draws and good vapor, it's probably dropped to around 200 maybe [I'm just guessing, as I haven't counted full draws since my first test- but I feel safe in saying it's around at least 200 now], but again, this could drop off as the pen gets older too- we'll see. Since Monday, I only have 5 used Cartridges, and two of them were quite dry and only got around 10-12 real cigg's worth from them, and I've been smoking fairly steady, although yesterday for abotu 4 hours I experimented with homemade smokin juice mixtures and refilling- but then went back to the prefilled Cart [mainly cuz I 'needed' the nicotine lol].

I'll test another prefilled Cart tomorrow and see how many full drags I get from it just to be sure- I'll stop the experiment when I feel I'm having to work the pen too hard to get a good amount of vapor- just like my first experiment- 370 draws was still producing some ok vapor, not great, but ok- enough to satisfy the feelign of taking a draw off real cigg- though perhaps it was morel ike takign one off an ultralight cigarette at that point- by 350 [having to take double draws in one breath to produce enough smoke to satisfy], at around the 350 mark, it was like having to work an light cigarette to get an ok amount of smoke I would say- But then again, I'm sure the Pen came with a 'juice primed atomizer' and this I'm sure skewed the experiment.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
ts hard to exactly work out what equals what.. c-cig quote allowing for 30% waste in a cart six or seven cigarettes.. this is from a nicotine intake point of view..

from a puff or draw point of view some quote twenty cigarettes.. the nicotine one gets from a normal cigarette can vary.. perhapss 50% simply gets wasted and pollutes the atmosphere.. there is less wasted with an e cig.. but now i have a pipe that produces more vapour i find i waste more.. producing clouds of e smoke drinks lots of liquid.. :)

i used to smoke fifty skinny roll-ups per day.. little wastage there they simply go out when not puffed.. i now get thru nearly 3 ml of 24 mg liquid per day.. allowing for the 30% waste that would be nearly five classic carts.. my liquid consumption has gone up but then again so has my e-smoke wastage..

i recon two drops of 24 mg liquid equates with one real cigarette.. there are about twenty drops in one ml.. that would be ten per one ml cart with no wastage or back to the six or seven with the 30% wastage.. these figures are just what seems to satisfy my nicotine needs..

trog

ps.. i think the e-cig figure are reasonably accurate.. the twenty cigarette figures are pure nonsense.. or to be a little more blunt misleading lies..

stewart

Oct 8, 2008
the only problem i see with the orange cig idea (but it is a good one!) is the likes of Rizla and Swan making orange papers, or worse, a big cigarette company making orange ones so people can "cheat"

i do like the idea of the blue LED though. i've just bought a super mini (am still waiting for mr postman though) and even though i've not yet e-smoked... i can foresee a few problems with smoking it with an orange LED in public. I think i'll be ordering some blue led batterys fairly soon.

i really think (and this is just my personal opinion even though i've not yet e-smoked) that we as smokers stand a better chance of seperating our e-cigs from the "analogue" cig if there was an immediate indication that it is NOT a real ciggy, ie blue or green LEDs, different colour coding as per trogs suggestion. that way people cant get away with "cheating", and Jo Public (once accustomed to the sight of these new fangled devices) can be rest assured that they're not inhaling something nasty by being near an e-smoker.

i think it's all about perception. when people see smoke (whether vapour or not) they probably think of all the health issues attached to smoking and immediately object, but if they had it bourne into mind to look out for the colour of the tip, maybe it'd help to seperate the two.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Colour cigarettes are nothing new, anyone remember 'Black Russian' and 'Russian Coctail' cigarettes, every colour under the rainbow. What can make the difference is the LED, make as you say earlier LED's blue or green but not red or orange. Another thing that people should be made aware of and therefore look for is there is no smoke coming from the 'lit' end., even rollups give off smoke there. But intil people can easily see the difference there will be confusion which inevitably beens a ban on e-cig's.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
OMG, I hate typos (and American spell checkers),

Colour cigarettes are nothing new, anyone remember 'Black Russian' and 'Russian Coctail' cigarettes, every colour under the rainbow. What can make the difference is the LED, make as you say earlier LED's blue or green but not red or orange. Another thing that people should be made aware of and therefore look for is there is no smoke coming from the 'lit' end., even rollups give off smoke there. But until people can easily see the difference there will be confusion which inevitably means a ban on e-cig's.

(that's better)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread