Provari was shipped yesterday! So excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Arrgggg. I can feel your excitement. Judt imagine vaping that thibg for the first time. :)

After being surprised by my kGo (switched from blu to kGo) I can't even imagine how amazing something as great as the ProVari will be! I can't wait. Tomorrow is gonna be the longest day ever. lol

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Yeah, completely forgot about these after someone mentioned them and we all saw the cost.

Still ... if you want it that bad, it IS available. But boy you sure are paying for it.

I think it converts to somewhere around $40.00? That's just a guess though. For the machining quality I would say it's worth it considering it's going on a provape product and as we all know provape products are top quality.

What I don't quite understand is why get a mini and put that extension instead of getting a standard Provari with the norm 20-some dollar extension?

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
tanks" data-source="post: 7758080" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
tanks said:
I think it converts to somewhere around $40.00? That's just a guess though. For the machining quality I would say it's worth it considering it's going on a provape product and as we all know provape products are top quality.

What I don't quite understand is why get a mini and put that extension instead of getting a standard Provari with the norm 20-some dollar extension?

Considering they're probably the same size at that point....

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
what the hey... I ordered mine a day later than TNT and its not even a custom colored and I still haven't gotten a confirmed ship! :( come on Provape! I'm dying without a vv mod I had no idea it'd take 10-15 days -_______- I should of ordered a spinner to hold me over. sheeesh. lol.

Have fun with your new toy tanks. You'll fall in love I'm sure. I need to try phiniac or a J tank.

Zack nash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
United States

Well I cant speak for the other guy but as for me I dont think at this point I will need 18650 batteries or even 18590 but if that changes its good to know there is an option.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
One 18650 lasts me from the time I get up till I go to bed usually.

Thanks everyone! I can't wait. I've heard so many good things the anticipation is driving me nuts.

Thats what I was hoping. I got 2 18650's with mine so I have a back up.

Since I chose the extension and 18650 batteries do I still get a 18490 to use with the normal cap?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
That will be up to you man. If you want the shorter batteries for when your out of the house, so you won't look so wonky walking around in front of people. the 18490 mode will basically fit in your palm so it'll almost be completely concealed. The 18650 mode is a little bit bigger and it'll be obvious your vaping from a device yknow? I find that in a vv mod, an 18650 basically lasts me all day. The 18350 batteries in my mechanical mods last me around 3 hours before the voltage drops off pretty hard. So the 18490's will probably last about half a day I'd guess? When using SR cartos at a reasonable voltage.. So thats up to you. My Mini takes 18350 batteries and I'm guessing they will last around 4 to 5 hours each since the voltage drop of the batteries in my provari will not be noticeable until right before the battery dies. (unlike a mechanical mod) So if I used my Provari all day into the night, I might have to change the batteries a total of 3 times. (but I wont, because I'll use my other mods)

So to sum things up, my guess is that the 18650 batteries will last you all day if your a moderate/sometimes heavy vaper like I am. The 18490 batteries will last half a day, so you'd switch them at least once throughout the day. And, like I said, the Provari is only a teeeny bit shorter with the 18490 batteries, and it doesn't really seem all that significant of a length change, but, it can make a difference if your the type to want a mod to be as small as possible when out on the town.

If you want, I can suggest you look up on youtube the two modes. The device will look larger than it is on your screen though, so you really have to look at the reviewer's hands and then compare them to your own for scale. By watching reviews of it in the 2 different modes, you'll be able to see if its worth it to use the smaller batteries or not. I don't really mind carrying an extra battery with me while I'm out, so I got the mini and I'll probably use it in mini mode without the extension cap because I have other mods as well.

Heres a great video you may want to watch before or after getting your provari to see the size comparisons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9DQbowrDA&feature=related

Last edited:

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Thanks everyone! I can't wait. I've heard so many good things the anticipation is driving me nuts.

Thats what I was hoping. I got 2 18650's with mine so I have a back up.

Since I chose the extension and 18650 batteries do I still get a 18490 to use with the normal cap?

If you are asking if a 18490 was included ,sorry no. Everything is a la carte unless purchased in kit form.You can always order 18490's from Provape or elsewhere if you find you want a smaller form for certain occasions.

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
That will be up to you man. If you want the shorter batteries for when your out of the house, so you won't look so wonky walking around in front of people. the 18490 mode will basically fit in your palm so it'll almost be completely concealed. The 18650 mode is a little bit bigger and it'll be obvious your vaping from a device yknow? I find that in a vv mod, an 18650 basically lasts me all day. The 18350 batteries in my mechanical mods last me around 3 hours before the voltage drops off pretty hard. So the 18490's will probably last about half a day I'd guess? When using SR cartos at a reasonable voltage.. So thats up to you. My Mini takes 18350 batteries and I'm guessing they will last around 4 to 5 hours each since the voltage drop of the batteries in my provari will not be noticeable until right before the battery dies. (unlike a mechanical mod) So if I used my Provari all day into the night, I might have to change the batteries a total of 3 times. (but I wont, because I'll use my other mods)

So to sum things up, my guess is that the 18650 batteries will last you all day if your a moderate/sometimes heavy vaper like I am. The 18490 batteries will last half a day, so you'd switch them at least once throughout the day. And, like I said, the Provari is only a teeeny bit shorter with the 18490 batteries, and it doesn't really seem all that significant of a length change, but, it can make a difference if your the type to want a mod to be as small as possible when out on the town.

If you want, I can suggest you look up on youtube the two modes. The device will look larger than it is on your screen though, so you really have to look at the reviewer's hands and then compare them to your own for scale. By watching reviews of it in the 2 different modes, you'll be able to see if its worth it to use the smaller batteries or not. I don't really mind carrying an extra battery with me while I'm out, so I got the mini and I'll probably use it in mini mode without the extension cap because I have other mods as well.

Heres a great video you may want to watch before or after getting your provari to see the size comparisons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG9DQbowrDA&feature=related

LOL! I have watched PBusardo's review about 10 times. That review is actually what got me interested because I know how picky he is and if he was that impressed I knew it has to be a great device. I'm not to worried about size at all.

yes gimmieshelter31 that is exactly what I was asking. I wasn't sure if it comes with a 18490 when choosing the 18650 route because there is no option for 18490. There is only options for 18500 and 18650 batteries. (my understanding is the 18500 is basically equal to the 18490 or is there a noticeable difference?)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Probably for the same reason that the telescoping mods are popular with some folks. You have ALL the battery options available from the smallest to biggest, depending upon how you want to vape that day.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
tanks- hahaha that review was hilarious!! towel on his head and all hahah.

Yup that is why I got the mini. I figured I could use the 18350, the 18490 and the 18650 if I bought the after market cap. Instead of getting the after market extension cap I might just save up and buy the standard provari eventually. lol. just because I feel like the more mods I have the more satisfied I'll be with vaping. I'll stop buying mods when I've got 1 cheap mod for every battery size, and one expensive mod for every battery size.... maybe.. probably not.. lol. The only thing in my way is not having the money. Now that I bought the prov mini I'll be broke for another 2 months I'm sure lol.

OR-DMBFAN

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Oregon
I'm stalking the mailman waiting for the 18650 batteries and extension cap. I've only had mine for about a month and a half and am already noticing that the 18490 batts aren't lasting as long as when they were brand new. It gets a workout for sure and I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a "full day" out of the bigger batteries.

Bob57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2012
Indiana
I like reading these post of people being so excited waiting on their Provari, I know how hard the waiting is LOL, hang in there !
As far as batteries and vape time I didnt make through the day with one 18490, until today?
Still on the same battery I put in it this morning, I'll probably get the cap and a couple 18650s later?
OK it will be later, today I added up the $ I've spent in the last 2 weeks on vapin !
I dont have huge hands but can pretty much hide the reg size Provari, hittin on the clear tank or Nova no one is gonna think it's a cig anyway .
I kinda like it when people say "WTH is that" then im sure they get more info then thay wanted most of the time?

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
hahaha yeah, idk. we'll see how the mini works for me. I vape a lot but when I get uninterested again I know I'll be a moderate vaper instead of a heavy one so I'm hoping the 18350 batteries will be ok for at least a month or so. Because when I'm at home I'm gonna be using both my provari and my 3.7v mods anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread