Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Whats the hz on MVP by the way anyone know? I don't hear any rattlesnakes.

The MVP doesn't pulse the output voltage. It gives a flat DC signal which is why It's the second mod I bought...after a Provari(which is still my favorite). Pbusardo put it on the scope. FYI, he also posted on his site that he was told the next MVP will be vv/vw with an ohm meter. That leads me to believe it will run the same chipset as the SVD (33HZ) which will ruin it for me personally.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
unfortunately Day, yes, if you do not own a provari, and your PV does break, you will go back to cigs.
On the other hand, if you DO own a provari, and your provari breaks, you will probably be ok.
Its a scientifamatifical pheenomia we in the physics of provari field like to call provari hope.
Should your vamo or evic or whatever mod, die, you lose all hope in quitting cigarettes.
But once you are a Provari owner, and you convert to Provariism, if your provari breaks...
You send it in for repair, and you hold on, you have hope, and faith, that your provari will return one day and save you. Enomia fasatattoo E-Loe-GeeMe vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-toooooo. Amen.

Last edited:

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
unfortunately Day, yes, if you do not own a provari, and your PV does break, you will go back to cigs.
On the other hand, if you DO own a provari, and your provari breaks, you will probably be ok.
Its a scientifamatifical pheenomia we in the physics of provari field like to call provari hope.
Should your vamo or evic or whatever mod, die, you lose all hope in quitting cigarettes.
But once you are a Provari owner, and you convert to Provariism, if your provari breaks...
You send it in for repair, and you hold on, you have hope, and faith, that your provari will return one day and save you. Enomia fasatattoo vaaah-tooo. Amen.
lol.... that was pretty good.

I was joking about the warranty thing by the way.

Perhaps I am stirring the pot a little but lets face it you guys were getting bored anyways right?

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
The MVP doesn't pulse the output voltage. It gives a flat DC signal which is why It's the second mod I bought...after a Provari(which is still my favorite). Pbusardo put it on the scope. FYI, he also posted on his site that he was told the next MVP will be vv/vw with an ohm meter. That leads me to believe it will run the same chipset as the SVD (33HZ) which will ruin it for me personally.

That's pretty interesting actually.

I hope they don't change it up. It's already VV... Would adding the VW make them change it to pulsing?

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
That's pretty interesting actually.

I hope they don't change it up. It's already VV... Would adding the VW make them change it to pulsing?

It depends. Is just my assumption that it would since most the PBS that use both VV/VW are all firing the ante frequency and all push the same numbers. Vamo,zmaxes (segelei and smok), tesla, itaste SVD. There's literally no difference in the performance of any of these. Just build quality and menu. The exception would be the EVIC (100KHZ) as far as VV/VW. Even some PVs running DNA20 fire at 33hz.

Ravalstoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Dallas, Tx
The majority of the variable voltage/wattage MODs I've noticed run a fluctuating voltage or pulse. the ProVari's and the sigelei have an RMS option to run real power. I think the ProVari's run this setting standard

They do, the question is at what rate? The vast majority use the 33hz chipset, examples in my earlier post. Provari 800hz, Evic 100khz. Itaste MVP is the only one that puts out a flat signal that's VV, but no VW. I would guess it gets converted by the circuitry to a flat signal before the output, which would probably explain the voltage inaccuracy.
Everything has its own issues, make informed decisions based in your own preference.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
So I've had my ProVari for about an hour now. :)

Just compared it with to my Vamo (2nd one after too many drops onto concrete) with a single RBA. BTW, my Vamo doesn't audibly rattlesnake with an AGA-T2 on board. I don't feel like juicing up something else just for this discussion, though. I DO like the flavor and smooth vape of the ProVari. It seems I can get close to the same flavor on the Vamo, but only by using a different voltage. So sitting with my GF, a good book, and a good whiskey, I can appreciate the subtle difference in flavor. Maybe even when bar hopping, though I doubt it. However, when sitting offshore in the tower of a boat with the wind and salt in my hair, I'm sure I won't notice the difference - it is just too subtle.

I will not become a fanboi of it or anything else, but I'm really digging it. Not since the demise of the Commodore Amiga will I ever be a fanboi again.

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
Given a choice between being cheap and being cigarette free, I choose to be cigarette free.

Ive never been cheap and consequently Ive found that buying quality non-disposable products gives me more disposable income than I would ever have if I bought 10 dollar microwaves from Big Lots, 5 dollar pants from Wal-Mart or cars with names like Yugo or Pinto.

If you want a deal check the classifieds for second hand but remember quality first, price second.

It's nice that you can jump right to the best things (materially speaking) in life.

These arguments about quality are missing a vital piece in making such decisions. Perceived value. Particularly as defined by qualitative measures. These are quite subjective and can vary quite a bit.

I also tend to buy "quality" products because they usually last longer - an important factor in my definition of quality. But I DID own a used Pinto in the 70s. It probably would not have been considered valuable for somebody already in a good job and who could afford a new Mercedes. It did allow me to save enough money to purchase a better car and move out of my parents house to begin my life. The quality of that Pinto was sufficient enough to make it valuable to me.

I assure you that I did not go back to cigarettes when my first Vamo broke. I did not go back to cigs when my Volt X2 broke, either. I was not being cheap. My dad bought cheap tennis rackets for us decades ago because he didn't know if we would really like tennis. Once he felt we were really into it, he bought more expensive, lower maintenance rackets. He was not being cheap. He was smart.

The Vamo was valuable to me in that it was a good introduction to VV/VW. It turns out that I really like it and decided to get the ProVari because I can afford it and it fits into my perceived value definition of quality. So I am a proud owner of a Vamo and a ProVari and I expect to continue using both. Sure, I could have saved a few bucks by simply believing everything ProVari users say, but I don't work that way. You folks are just a bunch of whacky avatars on a Web forum, after all ;)

My good friend doesn't understand a need to get anything more expensive than Spinners and Ego tanks. I told him my reasons. They don't fit into his definition of perceived value and he is just as happy with his decisions as I am with mine. We don't belittle each other over our choices. I don't call him cheap.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I've actually been vaping longer than you I'm pretty sure, judging from your sig if you want to play that "you're a noob with noob logic card" (I stand corrected by your join date; however I have been off cigs longer)

Yeah you bought cartons, you didn't buy 4 at once though? You did spend about the amount of a VAMO or MVP though, weird.

Had no probs with the MVP thus far, if I do I'll just reach in my magic stockpile of batteries and chargers and whip something up. Please continue to act like your provari could never ever possibly break or get stolen though, that's kind of cute.

Please! Im not gonna get into a pissing match even though it's one I could win pretty handily if that were the case.

"To answer your questions, I frequently bought multiple cartons of cigarettes to save money"....Multiple as in more than one at a time.

Im not rich by any means but I do know the easiest way to save a dollar is by NOT sacrificing quality for a cheaper initial price......perceived value has nothing to do with it.

The actual value however, especially 1 to 2 years down the line, is a different story.

Ive seen people sell 3 year old Provari's in the classifieds for almost what theyve paid for them. Occasionally you can find one for 110-120 bucks but they are always snatched up within the first post or two and always within a few hours.

Realistically, what do you think you could sell a year old Vamo for in the classies and how long do you think the ad would be up before you closed it?

Im glad that the MVP is working well for you but to me, it's a gamble that I dont want to take just for sake of saving a few bucks....thats negated by the fact that you cant replace the batteries in it....ever

Theres always a chance with ANY mod that it could stop working (thats why I bought a mod with a warranty and repair service thats based in the U.S) and I suppose it COULD get stolen although that would be hard as it never leaves my side at home or its leather holster on my belt when Im out.

Seems as if youre resorting to personal attacks and reaching for straws just to justify your purchase and thankfully thats not a situation I have to worry about being in.

That alone is worth the few extra dollars....that and the super-secret Provarinati membership and decoder ring that turns this post into a hilarious introspection on the mating habits of geeks.

Last edited:

edking66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2012
Southwest Pa
So I've had my ProVari for about an hour now. :)
I will not become a fanboi of it or anything else, but I'm really digging it. Not since the demise of the Commodore Amiga will I ever be a fanboi again.

I miss my Amiga, every once an a while I fire up an emulator for a trip down memory lane

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Please! Im not gonna get into a pissing match even though it's one I could win pretty handily if that were the case.

"To answer your questions, I frequently bought multiple cartons of cigarettes to save money"....Multiple as in more than one at a time.

Im not rich by any means but I do know the easiest way to save a dollar is by NOT sacrificing quality for a cheaper initial price......perceived value has nothing to do with it.

The actual value however, especially 1 to 2 years down the line, is a different story.

Ive seen people sell 3 year old Provari's in the classifieds for almost what theyve paid for them. Occasionally you can find one for 110-120 bucks but they are always snatched up within the first post or two and always within a few hours.

Realistically, what do you think you could sell a year old Vamo for in the classies and how long do you think the ad would be up before you closed it?

Im glad that the MVP is working well for you but to me, it's a gamble that I dont want to take just for sake of saving a few bucks....thats negated by the fact that you cant replace the batteries in it....ever

Theres always a chance with ANY mod that it could stop working (thats why I bought a mod with a warranty and repair service thats based in the U.S) and I suppose it COULD get stolen although that would be hard as it never leaves my side at home or its leather holster on my belt when Im out.

Seems as if youre resorting to personal attacks and reaching for straws just to justify your purchase and thankfully thats not a situation I have to worry about being in.

That alone is worth the few extra dollars....that and the super-secret Provarinati membership and decoder ring that turns this post into a hilarious introspection on the mating habits of geeks.
I won't need to sell my Vamo or MVP in the classifieds since I'm not strapped for cash, because I didn't spend it all in the first place.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Quoted from somewheres-

Purchase Decisions

The perceived value of a product also impacts purchasing decisions. If the perceived value of the product is greater than the actual price, the customer is more willing to buy. For example, if the customer believes that a particular shirt should cost $50, and he sees it for sale for $20, he is more likely to purchase it. If the perceived value and the price are closer, the urgency for the purchase disappears.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    I won't need to sell my Vamo or MVP in the classifieds since I'm not strapped for cash, because I didn't spend it all in the first place.

If 200 bucks makes you strapped for cash perhaps you should pursue a better education instead of wasting time on these forums?

If you keep buying disposable products youre going to end up with nothing to show for the money you spent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread