Post pictures of your high quality clones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
These are the only clones I own but both are nicely made and work like a charm. This combo makes fog. I'll be buying an authentic SMPL once they are back in stock. The $20 clone was a great way to figure out if I'd want to buy the OG.

SMPL copper clone and Dark Horse clone:

zxTmGl.jpg

Nice. I have an authentic Dark Horse. I kind of wish that it came with a copper AFC ring because I think it would look cooler that way on my pegasus. I have been thinking about getting a clone with copper AFC and putting the ring on my authentic.

How is the switch on that SMPL?

Last edited:

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Nice. I have an authentic Dark Horse. I kind of wish that it came with a copper AFC ring because I think it would look cooler that way on my pegasus. I have been thinking about getting a clone with copper AFC and putting the ring on my authentic.

How is the switch on that SMPL?

Switch is very good. Super short throw and can be pressed pretty much anywhere. The thing I love most about the SMPL is the stupid easy set up. Screw on atty, drop in battery, screw in switch, done. No fiddling around with adjustable top caps or buttons to fit attys or eliminate battery rattle. Hits hard as well.

I hope the authentics come back in stock soon. I'm itching for the SS model.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Zero Modz clone and Hcigar Taifun GT w/nano PC tank and custom nano top cap :)

8S0w9gql.jpg

Semovar V3 Tetris clone with Rose V2 stumpy clone

7sDORTHl.png

Robbot 1:1 ZNA 30 clone with Squape R clone (the Squape is questionable though :p)

dVNKaWll.jpg

Amod ZNA lite clone with GP Heron clone

vrpQkRNl.jpg

1Lo5hdBl.jpg

Robbot ZNA 30 clone with Rose V2 clone and 1:1 Kato Square box clone with Russian 91% w/full size glass tank and custom top cap

hen2XLSl.jpg

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
This is my XXiX clone that I just polished before attaching my new Mutation v2. I got it from an eBay seller and am not sure of the manufacturer. It is great quality though. It is solid copper with copper hybrid adapter. There are good magnets in the recessed switch. It is small and it hits hard. I love it!
sNxpMDd.jpg

H61srkz.jpg

Last edited:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
And this is a Vapetech Overdose. The Tugboat is the real deal, but this Overdose clone is really awesome. Its one of the few copper mods that I don't polish regularly, because I think a mod with "overdose" engraved in it should have a little bit of a patina. This is also solid copper with great magnets. The engravings are deep. I like the way this mod feels in my hand.
k7TwVP4.jpg

vZjxvHc.jpg

Last edited:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
In the past, I thought clone mod is bad and never bought except that vendor promised it's authentic. After seeing the pictures of clone mods you show, it changes my opinion though.

Some clone mods are bad. And some authentic mods are bad too. Some clones are better than the authentic versions. With any device by any manufacturer, research is required to make sure that you are getting what you expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread