Please help me decide on a V2 or Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I need some help swaying me in one direction. I am going to be purchasing a provari in 2 weeks but can't decide if I want the V2 or mini. I really like the teardrop look of the mini but am scared to drop a couple hundred bucks on something so tiny. I know this sounds stupid but that's how I'm feeling. I understand that everything is the same on the 2 models except for size and run time. I'm pretty sure the extention cap on the mini makes it roughly the same length as the V2. I plan on getting the satin silver finish on either one I choose. The V1 is attractive to me because it's a bit larger and looks more comfortable in hand. I have never handled a Provari and currently own a Vision Spinner and a Bolt. Also, The V2 can handle 18650 batteries with an extention and I own a few already. I know I shoulden't base my decision on the fact that I have a few compatible batteries. I guess the bottom line is I would like some feed back on why you purchased one or the other. If you have both, some pros and cons. Seems like you have to have the mini choked up high in your hand to have the index finger on the button. Once again I really like the look of the mini just need some encouragement. I vape pretty heavy but don't consider myself a chain vaper. I'm guessing with a few batteries any of the provari set ups will work for me. Thanks for the help and reading this ramble. :nun:

DizGrizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Near Austin, TX
Having dealt with both a mini and a full size Provari, I'dd suggest the full 18650 version. It's really not that much bigger (it actually surprised me a bit at how compact they are when I first met one :)). That said, ther is nothing like doing touchy-feely before you buy. Do you have a vape group nearby? If so, go to a meeting...I can bet big bucks someone the will have a Provari (or two...). Also, if any local e-cig shps carry them, go check them out.

Tecner

Nov 23, 2012
Missouri, USA
I just received my provari with the 18650 extension cap today in the mail. with the extension cap off of it, for what i like it is too short...but with the 18650 cap on it it fits just right in my hands and puts the button at a perfect spot to hit with my thumb. My hand from tip of middle finger to base of my palm measures out to 8 inches and width from the widest portion of my hand is 4 inches (just above thumb web)...if that helps for a size reference

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
Three for three in favor of the 18490/18650 version. I have read a simular post on here with most leaning towards the mini. Then it turned into an all out war in reguards to voltage or wattage or something. I know it is a personal preferance and am thankful for the feed back. Especialy for folks who own both. I also hear people talking about green led's becoming available.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I got the mini and I wouldn't get the larger version. You can always buy an aftermarket 18650 extension cap for your mini made by Kir Fannis if you must. I see no need in the larger version. I like the tear drop design a lot more than the lines. With the mini, you can use 18350 batteries, 18490 batteries, OR 18650 batteries with the Kir Fannis extension cap. So, the mini wins in my opinion.

I think it looks better all around. It just looks way better in my opinion when it comes to the size and the design. Thats just me. I don't see any need to use an 18650 battery. All of my newer mods have been 18350 mods. I have small hands though. I already feel like the 18350 version is too wide and too big to take out to bars. Even a quarter inch bigger would bug me that much more.

I don't get the idea that you should carry extra length in your mod for those extra 2 hours of vape time with the 18650 battery rather than just storing that added vape time in your back pocket with a 2nd 18350 battery. Honestly, I do not understand it.. lol. But, the mini, in 18350 mode, is literally only a hair or two shorter than the larger version in its shorter mod, so its really YOUR choice. I like the tear drops better though. :p I'm a heavy vaper aaand, I use 2 18350 batteries a day. I didn't even get the 18490 extension for my mini. Have no need for it.

In the end, you'll be happy with either. You can return it for the other size if you don't like the one you get anyway. lol. Provari has the best customer service out of any mod on the market.

Last edited:

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
I opted for the standard size as run time was pretty high on my list. I think you would be surprised by the size of the ProVari when you hold it.It looks much larger to me in all the pics and videos.I haven't bought the extension cap yet,though that will be forthcoming . I really don't know why there aren't more pics available that show them next to commom household items for a sense of scale.

I don't have a measuring tape handy atm,but perhaps you could make a model of one with the measurements from an empty paper towel roll or such, to give you some idea of the size? For myself , the button is perfectly in place with my thumb with the bottom resting on my pinky. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I too went with the regular (even though I do like the teardrop texture on the mini). Your hands & mine must be the same size, because I hold it with the pinky underneath & the button is in the perfect place. I didn't order the extension cap at the time (limited $$ at the time), but will in the post-X-mas future. I don't mind having to carry an extra 18490, but the 18650 would eliminate that need for me except in the most extreme circumstances.

I opted for the standard size as run time was pretty high on my list. I think you would be surprised by the size of the ProVari when you hold it.It looks much larger to me in all the pics and videos.I haven't bought the extension cap yet,though that will be forthcoming . <snip> For myself , the button is perfectly in place with my thumb with the bottom resting on my pinky. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I got the Standard, and the ext. cap because I already had 18650 batteries from a Silver Bullet. It lasts me all day and night, I replace the battery around the same time each evening. I do appreciate its heftiness, but there are times when I would run out to the convenience mart or grocery store and wish I had something smaller and portable.

I would really have loved to get a Mini for those situations, but I couldn't justify another $175 + batteries for that. I looked around for what I really wanted. Small, portable, comfortable to hold, variable voltage, even stealthy. I considered the VV eGo 14500 - way too long. I liked the form factor of the 14500 L Rider Robust, but they have gotten poor reviews. I decided to go in another direction and ended up with a Smoktech V V Gripper for $50. The fact that it uses an 18650 battery is an added plus.

I still plan on treating myself to a Mini Provari for my 1 year anniversary come April.

Mini Provari v2.jpg Mini Provari 2.jpg Gripper-vv-.jpg

It depends upon do you want to go most or all of the day without needing to change the battery; or if you would like the smaller length, and don't mind carrying a spare battery with you. You'll likely love which ever one you end up choosing.

Last edited:

Tibby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oakley, Ca.
I love my gripper, even with it's flaws. A nice little device. I'm still torn between the 2 provari models. If I knew I could easily get my hands on the 18650 extension from Kir Fanis I would pull the trigger on the mini. I think it's true that a nicley designed 18650 mini extension from Provape would drasticly drop the sales of the provari. That is why it probably never made production. I have found anything from Kir Finis is impossible to get your hands on. I have never seen the 18650 mini extension with the exception of a picture on the ECF.

martydmb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
wisconsin
20121202_111121.jpg

20121202_110628.jpg

The mini is next to a mini nova and I don't have big hands. I do nit find it hard or any trouble with the size and location of the button. Hope this helps. If you need more pics with it against other items I will do. Also don't have the extension but will be getting it soon with some batteries and will post of more pics of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread