Pipes and cigars replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a discussion about using vapesticks as a recreational device. I used to be a pipe smoker. Only in the classical sense. After good food with a shot of brandy or some such. Now, I don't know if people realize this but pipes and cigars are not traditionally suppose to be in- hailed. They are smoked for the flavor. I started the pipe when I was 19 because of THE HOBBIT. I became an adult and found that I enjoyed it for its own sake. Guess what!. I found vapeing! I don't need to smoke. I love to smoke! I have multiple tanks for whatever mood I'm in and for whatever occasion. So yeah' for me it has never been a cessation device. Its now is about how short life is and how i can get the biggest hit through my nose! My wife has never been a smoker. She has pen and is a vaporizor along with the rest of us "steamers". So let's turn this into an art for conneseur's. No reason why the upper crust should have all the class!!!

Justjames75

Jun 12, 2014
Chattanooga, Tn
Welcome to the forum. My grandfather smoked pipes and I always loved the smell. As an adult I tried but was hooked on cigarettes, so never really went anywhere with it. I have seen some very very cool e-pipes and thought about getting one later to keep around the house. Hopefully someone will come up with some links, I'm bad about saving stuff on the internet to find later.

DreamWithin

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
New England
Welcome! :)

Yeah, vaping is really more of a hobby than a habit for most of us. We all enjoy doing it, that's why we're still here ;-)
Now, I'm a morron about these threads. Tell me how and where to respond in the main forum if you would be so kind. Thanx.

Once you get to 5 posts here in New Members and wait for the next server update to reset your privileges (at 0:25 past the hour after your 5th post) you'll be able to post in most areas of the forum. Some forums require 15 posts before you'll have access, but the bulk of it will be available to you at 5. Doesn't take long at all to get there, just join in a discussion here in New Members and you'll hit it in no time at all

In the meantime, you can still browse around other areas of the forum and read if you wish

Jerrycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Richmond, KY, USA
Over 4 years ago i kicked the coffin nails using some 510s and 901s cigalikes.. though I had always enjoyed pipes much like you did.. as a special treat.. The only time I fell off the wagon was simply because I missed the thick bodies smoke of a pipe and the cigalikes (which at the time where the only things available to me) were so thin and whispy and were all about just getting the nicotine in... I came back to vaping once the gear that was available to me was able to produce vapor with enough mouthfeel, warmth, and flavor that it began surpassing pipe smoke quality and haven't looked back since.. I can definitely relate.. The juice I vape now is only 3mg/mL and I started 4 years back with 24mg strength.. think as long as the FDA doesn't bork things for us, I'll be a happy life long vape-head.
Vape Strong and welcome to ECF!

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
White River Junction, VT
Welcome to the forum. My Dad smoked a pipe for most of my life. I never liked the taste and tended to choke when I tried. I bought an epipe which I do use and it must have been how he felt. It isn't my only devise and I usually use it at night. I lost my Dad to cancer a few years ago and this keeps him close. I am glad that this gives me the chance to have a pipe.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
Thanks. Don't like the pipes. It feels like a bowl in the hand but steam doesn't come from the bowl so I use a mod in the steampunk style. Now, I'm a morron about these threads. Tell me how and where to respond in the main forum if you would be so kind. Thanx.

oh that was the best part of the pipe! it's comforting (started a pipe back in the early 80s in the college dorms while studying/all nighters) the nic kept me awake and it smelled good and you couldn't smoke inside. Usually it was an Amaretto blend..so it'll be fun trying those flavors.

that's my next "want" the e pipes...any suggestions? A lady let me try her "hammer" at one of the shops, so maybe that'll be next month's "treat".

what are you usiing?

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
Welcome! Finally someone like me! lol. I smoked cigars and pipes as well. I went from cigars to pipes. My wife was happy that I made that move because she hated the cigar smell. A buddy of mine who owns a popular pipe blog pretty much convinced me to try the pipe and it was game on after that.

Now here I am vaping. They actually have a cigar shaped vaporizer. I saw it when I went to a B&M near me to see what they had. It literally is shaped like a cigar and looks like one. the only thing is that where the stem is, its an actual tank. I liked it because it fit good in my hand. So unless you like big pipes then it may not work for you. But for me, my pipes need to be a bit bigger because I can't deal with small pipes in my huge hands.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
oh I smoked two packs a day and anything else I could get ahold of that was legal! *lol* and when I was younger some that wasn't!*lol*

but yeah I'll let yah know which pipe I got and like, for those "it's a pipe smoking time" brandy..

that's what I'm working on now, flavor pairs with coffee, wine and brandies and such, that was one of the deals I really enjoy how the beverage and the smokes when together..so it's a work in progress, I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread