People use too MUCH cotton,let me explain

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe

Be careful what you wish for . . . :lol: :lol:

lifestyle-drag-queen_23-2149704738.jpg

ETA: Suppose I should add, I was not making a negative statement with this post. I have no issues with the LGBTQ+ community and I fully support equal rights for them. My feelings are to each their own. :)

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
@ShowMeTwice Lol did some research apperently eating cotton balls will make you feel full contains no calories and doesnt kill you,its not healthy but doesnt kill you some dip it in sause lol wtf, yeah seems like a total bad idea isnt there bleach in there? Maybe go organic? Lol cotton ball vegetarian!

LOL, I'll pass. :lol:

Did you know there are baked cotton balls? Yep, the baked cotton ball project.

baked-cotton-balls.jpg

See the link for the recipe and additional photos. :greengrin:

And I suppose I should post this from the previous link just in case any knucklehead thinks this is a good idea or a tasty treat.

"Your body can't digest cotton balls, so they'll remain in your stomach or intestines. They may mix with mucus and other food particles, creating a mass known as a bezoar. When something can't be digested, it can obstruct the digestive tract."

Reactions: The60WattGUY

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    LOL, I'll pass. :lol:

Did you know there are baked cotton balls? Yep, the baked cotton ball project.

View attachment 996711

See the link for the recipe and additional photos. :greengrin:

And I suppose I should post this from the previous link just in case any knucklehead thinks this is a good idea or a tasty treat.

"Your body can't digest cotton balls, so they'll remain in your stomach or intestines. They may mix with mucus and other food particles, creating a mass known as a bezoar. When something can't be digested, it can obstruct the digestive tract."

I was just about to post that eating cotton can be harmful, just as you mentioned. It can block your intestines and the only way to correct it is surgery, including the possibility of losing part of your guts.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I was just about to post that eating cotton can be harmful, just as you mentioned. It can block your intestines and the only way to correct it is surgery, including the possibility of losing part of your guts.

Many years ago, 1998, we had a German Shepherd, 9 months at the time who got really sick. His symptoms were he wasn't having regular BM's (only very liquidy ones, and nasty smelling), he only ate small amounts of food, was vomiting and was also very lethargic.

We took him to our vet. He had a blockage and required emergency surgery. The vet was a very good friend of ours so we were invited into the OR during surgery. He removed the part of his intestines where the blockage was located.

Our vet found what resembled stuffing from the inside of a stuffed dog toy. It was hard to tell due to discoloration etc. When we got home we searched his kennel and found what was left of a stuffed toy under the mat in the kennel. He ate most of the stuffing.

He recovered fine, but let me tell you, trying to keep a 9 month old GSD from being active for about a month was difficult. We managed, thankfully. He lived to be 12.

Never again did we buy stuffed toys for any of our animals.

ETA: Watching our vet putting, or reinstalling, all his intestines back inside his body cavity was, ummm, very interesting.

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    Many Saturday mornings when our vet did surgeries before taking regular appointments, I was invited in to watch his surgeries if I didn't have something else going on. Man, I'll tell ya, the guy was like an artist with surgeries. I was totally fascinated watching those. Asked tons of questions too.

I was allowed to assist on a couple canine neuters. Snip, snip......and 2 testicles removed. Very easy task. :greengrin:

Reactions: The60WattGUY

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Years ago I lost a good ole boy to a golf ball, I had ran him in a trial a week earlier on an old golf course.
    He was a tough old boy and really hadn't shown any symptoms of a problem. He just showed up dead one morning. I had even ran a few training drills with him, and he seemed fine. Vet took no time at all in finding the problem. Seemed like it was only minutes and he came walking out with the golf ball.
    Guess ya never know what a dog might eat.

Now for cotton: I hate burned cotton! I will never wick with cotton!!!! End of discussion!

Users who are viewing this thread