People use too MUCH cotton,let me explain

The60WattGUY

Feb 7, 2023
Hey vapers!

Ive noticed something sort of like a test,
i decided to bust out my rda just needed a rewick,
i have these very small pieces of cotton left from last time i thought hmm instead of tossing it lets just try it out,
the cotton was so short it barly touches the base,usually people just stuff it in there but i sort of wicked it like a rta,barly touching the deck,
its also pretty skinny because a slightly loose wick gives me crackle that i like lol but yea it vapes totally fine can hit it multiple times just fine too..
Came to a conclusion thay people are using way to much try cuttin it down itll last you longer!
I kno cotton is cheap but why use so much its not needed!
I could post a picture if you wanna see!

Kinda suprised how little i used and works like normal

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hey vapers!

Ive noticed something sort of like a test,
i decided to bust out my rda just needed a rewick,
i have these very small pieces of cotton left from last time i thought hmm instead of tossing it lets just try it out,
the cotton was so short it barly touches the base,usually people just stuff it in there but i sort of wicked it like a rta,barly touching the deck,
its also pretty skinny because a slightly loose wick gives me crackle that i like lol but yea it vapes totally fine can hit it multiple times just fine too..
Came to a conclusion thay people are using way to much try cuttin it down itll last you longer!
I kno cotton is cheap but why use so much its not needed!
I could post a picture if you wanna see!

Kinda suprised how little i used and works like normal

I've seen quite a few YouTube videos and photos where people have crammed more wicking into an RDA/RTA than is needed. IMHO, too much wicking adversely affects the quality of vape - - - same as you are saying.

When I wick a coil there is some friction felt as I move the wick side-to-side in the coil. I mean, you know, it's a total "feel" thing.

Here is my Hussar v2 RDA, the wick tails are just touching the bottoms of the juice wells. It's sitting on a squonker and I just squonked before shooting the photo. With RDA's I only use the amount of cotton that's needed. No more, no less.

IMG_2695.jpg

Same with the RTA's I use. I make certain the wick tails just touch the bottoms of the juice wells. And before placing the wick tails in the juice wells I trim a healthy amount off the tails.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people over-stuffing their RBA's with cotton. Just makes me shake my head.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
That's like saying i put to much mayo on my Sandwich,yep sorry buddy me likey the mayo.

mayo.JPG

Different strokes for different folks.

You have given me something to think about thou,might save my belly button lint.
In a couple of weeks i might have enough to wick a couple of my RDA ;)

On a more serious note i just wick my RDA with whatever amount of cotton they need to be able to work properly.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
That's like saying i put to much mayo on my Sandwich,yep sorry buddy me likey the mayo.

mayo.JPG

Different strokes for different folks.

Ewwwwwwww................... :greengrin: That amount of mayo on a sandwich is gross. :lol: :lol:
But hey, if that's what flips your trigger, Amen Brother.

Are you one of those people who buys mayo and eats it straight from the jar with a spoon?

If you and I ever take that camping trip, I will not let you anywhere near my sandwich with mayo. :greengrin:

I use about this much, but more evenly spread:

VMAY-spreadonbun-900x675.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Ewwwwwwww................... :greengrin: That amount of mayo on a sandwich is gross. :lol: :lol:
But hey, if that's what flips your trigger, Amen Brother.

Are you one of those people who buys mayo and eats it straight from the jar with a spoon?

If you and I ever take that camping trip, I will not let you anywhere near my sandwich with mayo. :greengrin:

I use about this much, but more evenly spread:

View attachment 996636

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nah man no mayo for me,had to give that up along with tomato sauce,onions and a whole list of things i can't eat because of my stomach ''thing''.

Truth be told never been a fan of mayo,Spanish Alioli? yes please,i do love me some of that ;)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Never had it. I had to look up Spanish Alioli. Sounds very tasty!!! :thumbs:

If you ever want to try the real deal send me a pm,will give you the proper recipe.
Most of the other stuff like Cilantro Aioli,Curry Aioli etc etc is just a fancy mayo,they add ''aioli'' to the name of the dish to charge you more at restaurants lol.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have to say it.. French Fries and mayo. There. I said it. :thumb:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    What? Now I have to unwick all my tanks??? But they're vaping FINE!

Vaping is SO confusing sometimes. ;)

It's rocket science DP!!! :thumbs:

I have a brand new "assistant" on the way. Just got off the phone with her...

-1.png

...she's on her way over to tend to my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System for the next few days. :banana:

You guys are on your own. :pervy:

:lol: :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    It's rocket science DP!!! :thumbs:

I have a brand new "assistant" on the way. Just got off the phone with her...

View attachment 996654

...she's on her way over to tend to my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System for the next few days. :banana:

You guys are on your own. :pervy:

:lol: :lol:

Why do I think "she" won't look a ton like "her" picture, in real life. :greengrin:

Never trust an Instagram profile, SMT.

1686092715918.png

Users who are viewing this thread