Package containing my Darwin was stolen :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll be calling the post office today.

I highly doubt either of my neighbors who live directly next to me would have taken it. We all own our places. I've met both households who's front doors are next to mine, and they are normal, hard working, straight laced people.

@inter_ceptor00: I don't definitively know where this package was left, but other packages have been left next to my front door. It is outside, ungated, but covered by an overhang. Only two of my neighbors front doors are on either side of mine. Front doors to other units in the complex are located elsewhere. Anyone off the street could walk up a few stairs and take a package. Does this sound like it qualifies as an unsafe location to leave a package?
yes , that is very unsafe for that exact reason. anyone can see it plainly and could just walk up and grab it without eliciting any second glances. Technically we arent even supposed to leave packages between storm doors if they cant be fully closed on the item. Definitely call the P.O. and let them know, hopefully they step up and take responsibilty for the loss.

zidakano

Sep 11, 2011
The Internet
Its good that it showed up, I've had packages marked as "out for delivery" not show up for a day or two but don't think I've had one marked as delivered show up late. I get a weird joy watching my mailman when I know I have a package almost always forgets and goes a few houses down before realizing. Between my wife and I we get 10+ packages a month so I thought he would of caught on that if he had a package for the area our house is probably it. I've also debated a note on my box to remind him so he doesn't have to come back but I think it might come off rude so I haven't done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread