package gone awol. has this happened to anyone? support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
So I am down to two unopened dcc for my tank. A few days ago the cap on one of my tanks cracked and broke. I had 4 packs of cartos on the way along with two 4ml tanks with "chrome" caps, rather than plastic.
I got one of those nifty "your package has been successfully delivered" email notices on June 12. There was nothing there, even though a package of that size will fit in my mailbox and the vendor does not require a signature. I thought it was no big deal and that I would wait until today to be legitimately concerned. The mail in my building is usually delivered between 8-9am, and only a handful of times has mail been delivered later, but before noon.
I called customer service for Canada Post. The first person I talked to insisted to me it was delivered successfully yesterday, while giving a touch of attitude. I ensured her my mailbox was empty, and asked if she had the information as to which mail center in the city it had passed through. Apparently this information is not available to call service workers? She asked me to talk to the vendor to launch an inquery.
In search of the aforementioned information the only place I could really call for further service was the complaint line. The lady was confused, saying that today was the expected delivery date. When I reminded her it was June 13th, not June 12th, she made jokes about being sleepy. She reminded me that Canada Post works until 8pm, that I had to be patient, and that it will surely be delivered by the end of the day. If not, then I could be conerned. This was horsecrap and just for good measure at 9pm I checked my mailbox, vacant with the exception for the note I left for my mailman about this issue. I also posted a note near the door, requesting that if anyone had accidentally received my package that I would like to have it returned.
The vendor will likely start the investigation thingy tomorrow. I'm pretty choked. I spent $70, which includes shipping fees. I've never had issues before, and even Monday I had a liquid package successfully delivered (for real). I just find that the service is lacking, and I would desperately like to know which mail center has this on record so they can check if it's still on a shelf or something. Why bother tracking something if there's not much of a record of where the item is going? Can it be found? It doesn't even appear any information on its whereabouts is available. I'm freaking out and I want to hope for a favorable resolution, but it's difficult at this moment.
Has anyone never received an order? Has anyone endured a similar scare? I just want to know I'm not alone!
I have 180 ml of delicious liquid steeping, but no cartos with which to fill my tanks. I technically still have plenty of boge cartos and my vmod, but this is besides the point. I like to keep that device as a backup for worst case scenarios. Gah! Frustration!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread