One week with a Mako.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangdraax

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
NY
As a preface... I started with E-cigs about a year ago. I bought an N-joy. After about a month, I gave up on E-cigs. Then 2 months ago I bought an M401, and was satisfied. However, between the relatively <4 hour battery life, and the fact that one of my batteries died, I decided it was time to buy a mod. So I bought a Mako. I bought it mostly because I liked the way it looked, and I liked the way the button functioned. I also liked the idea of all of the different battery options. I had also, by this point in time, read a whole bunch of posts here about how the 510 atty is the way to go. So this is my review of a Mako Midi with a 510 fitting and attys.

So I got it in the mail, and the packaging is nice. Got a little tin, which now houses all of my assorted attys and whatnot. I also ordered 5 510 attys, and 5 510 cartos. It's safe to say that assembly is not as easy as it could be. I'm not sure what the problem is, or if it's a problem, but it seems as though the machining process is not quite as precise as it could be. For example, the general idea is that it fits a 14500 without any O-rings. In my case, this is not correct. If I want the top piece, and the 510 fitting to fit flush with the top of the battery housing I need to use one of the O-rings. Some people don't need to use any of the O-rings, and some people need to purchase extra O-rings. I've also seen some people use a battery spacer to make it fit snugly... Luckily I am not one of those people, or I would have returned it.

The button is the best part, I think, of the entire mod. It feels robust. It has a locking mechanism, and locks with a satisfying click. I do have big hands, however, and the way the button locks I do occasionally lock it by accident, essentially.

The fitting itself fits both the attys I purchased, and the cartos I purchased, so that's nice.

Overally, I'm fairly happy with my purchase. I get much better battery life than I used to with the standard m401 batts, obviously. I wouldn't say the mod is perfect, but overall I would suggest it is quite good. It has a pleasant weight in the hand, the button performs well, and it gives off an incredible amount of vapor compared to the m401 I had previously been using.

I would not be hesitant to recommend this mod to most seasoned e-cig users, or particularly well read noobs like myself. It may be a bit more expensive, but it is going to last a long, long, time. Everything about the mod screams durability. It's just solid. It's also small and fits comfortably in the hand, and with the way the button is constructed I consider it being located on the bottom a plus, not a negative.

If I were forced to rank it using numbers, I'd give it a solid 3.5-4 on a scale of five.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread