• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ok, Here is My 2012 Theory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Agree to disagree. Proclaiming one to be a heretic is a serious charge that is handed out much too lightly among Christians. The Bible says to be ready to give a "defense of the hope that is in you". Unfortunately this is taken out of context and abused to the point that teaching is impossible. Proof and reproof is one thing and should be done out of love. Proclaiming one to be a heretic is entirely another. We must be very careful in these matters. It is not our job to separate the wheat & chaff nor the sheep & goats. Dealing with an atheist or agnostic is one thing but a Christian brother/sister is just that...a Christian brother/sister.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Agree to disagree. Proclaiming one to be a heretic is a serious charge that is handed out much too lightly among Christians. The Bible says to be ready to give a "defense of the hope that is in you". Unfortunately this is taken out of context and abused to the point that teaching is impossible. Proof and reproof is one thing and should be done out of love. Proclaiming one to be a heretic is entirely another. We must be very careful in these matters. It is not our job to separate the wheat & chaff nor the sheep & goats. Dealing with an atheist or agnostic is one thing but a Christian brother/sister is just that...a Christian brother/sister.

I think you're right about that!!!!!! :):):)

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
Well Lisa, The only time I have a conflict is when people resort to slander, out right lies and attacking me. I respect other peoples opinions and thoughts on every subject. Even subjects I am well versed in. I do not attack them or riddicule them. They might open my eye to a new view.

THis person has called me satan several times because I have a diferent view of some things. I did not say that I was practicing astrology. Yet some how this woman came to that conclusion. The same happened when I was trying to educate others on another thread because they were saying that all Muslims are terrorists. I was informing them of how a person not of our religion might think that we were animals. If they were to read our bible. So I was the false prophet and satan for trying to do this.

We have to understan that our religion has not been perfect and is still a work in progress as far as us being able to understand it. The bible does not say that the only way to god is by way of saintscruiser. No matter how bad she wants us to.

How are we to take her seriously when all she does is attack people.

I think her and a few others needs mental help. I have been reading the forums it seems that these few people are attacking anyone who has a different point of view for the purpose of holding themselves higher than everybody. Our own religion is not perfect that is why there are several sects in christianity.

But like I said I will ignore her unless she attacks me again.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Astrology is about foretelling the future by the stars. If you are who you say you are, you know this goes against everything Almighty God stands for. Psychics give readings by reading the stars. Remember Dionne Warwick? She had a major investment in the Psychic Network. Astrology was definitely not created by you because you aren't that old.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14 - When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. 10) There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11) or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12) For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. 13) You shall be blameless as before the Lord your God. 14) For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you.

Jeremiah 27:9 - Therefore do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your soothsayers, or your sorcerers, who speak to you saying, "You shall not serve the king of Babylon."

Galatians 5:19 -21 - Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20) idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath,, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21) envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Mr. Bigham, #1, please don't refer to me as 'sweetheart.' Only my husband has that right. #2, I didn't write Scripture, I just know what it says. #3, I am in no way surprised that you pointed out what an imperfect child of Jesus that I am. #4, I did not raise my voice to you in any way.....I told you the truth, because that is what I do. Am I correct all the time? I strive to be, but my feet are made of clay. I wasn't throwing stones at you, I was throwing stones at that influence sitting on your shoulder. #5, I really earnestly and sincerely prayed for you. You don't want my prayers? Fine. Consider them gone. #6, you wish to put me on ignore, feel free. That is your choice.

First off sweet heart you I feel sorry for you that you do not have any thoughts inside your head. Other than attacking people behind a vail of Jesus to make yourself appear better than everyone esle. You speak of Jesus as if you know him but you know nothing of him or his ways. You have attacked me in another thread for your missunderstandings. Now you are attacking me once again here. I am sure you attack others as well.

Some fine example of a TRUE Christian you are! Oh I understand now! You are the returning Jesus!!! You must be, you judge everyone like you are. What ever happened to love thy neighbor? Or let he is without sin cast the first stone. I will pray that you will get back on the correct path. I bet if you had a few stones you would be throwing them at me.

I didn't make up astrology!!! I was giving an opinion on 2012. As the thread title suggests. Just because someone might have a different opinion from you does not mean that they are wrong. You believe in Astronomy and that is what astrology is based on the formation and actions of the stars.

Why don't you do this. Just ignore my posts! I will ignore you while I am here on earth. Because when I am in heaven you will not be there.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
You know, I know this is not funny, but when you think about it, it kinda is if you can stand back and look at it.

Imagine God as our dad in the front seat driving the car with the kids in the back. Dad hears all kinds of commotion coming from the back "Stop it!" then "No, You Stop It". Dad yells "Ok, you kids settle down back there!"

Then a minute later He hears ..."Well he started it!" then....."No, she started it!". Dad yells back again, "I thought I said SETTLE DOWN BACK THERE!".

Then 5 minutes later He hears........."DAD!!! She's poking me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".........Then "Well, he keeps looking at me and won't stop it!!!!!!!!!

I bet Dad just shakes his head sometimes.........LMAO!!!!!!

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Sometimes it is not "what" is said that sounds so bad. Sometimes it is "how" it is said that causes the most problems. Paul called the Galatians a bunch of fools but he also called them brethren first.

Yea, I think you're right again! It is important to warn someone if you see them about to reach out and touch a hot fire though. But we have to temper our words with love, compassion and understanding. It's not always easy to do because we are all imperfect humans, and we aren't all in the same exact place in our lives. Everyone is different, different life experiences, different personalities and different ways of communicating. Love and concern should always be first in our mind. It takes alot of work and practice to get that right tho, I"m still working on that every single day of my life and I never seem to get it quite right :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
But when we offend another person, whether or not we meant to, we still must always forgive and also seek forgiveness no matter what. Doesn't even matter who is right or wrong when everyone is angry or upset. Forgiveness is the key. I"m copying and pasting my prior post on forgiveness here, it's something that I also am working on myself because it doesn't always come easy! :):):)

The reason we even have salvation is because of forgiveness. The only reason we have a chance at everlasting life is because of forgiveness. God forgives us for all of our wrong doings through the blood of Jesus.

If we are forgiven all of our sins, then we must forgive all sins commited against us. This is ALOT easier said then done because for most of us, it's hard to forgive sometimes.

To forgive or not to forgive is a choice, we all have free will and we make the choice to obey God's command to forgive or not.

What does the bible say about forgiveness?

Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

Luke 6:37
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Matthew 6:14-16
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

So, it's very clear that we must forgive as that is part of Love. I have a hard time with this sometimes myself, and sometimes it takes me a while to truly forgive. But, it's something that we must constantly work on, and praying about, because God forgives us so we must also forgive others too.

Southern Gent

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tennessee
Yea, I think you're right again! It is important to warn someone if you see them about to reach out and touch a hot fire though. But we have to temper our words with love, compassion and understanding. It's not always easy to do because we are all imperfect humans, and we aren't all in the same exact place in our lives. Everyone is different, different life experiences, different personalities and different ways of communicating. Love and concern should always be first in our mind. It takes alot of work and practice to get that right tho, I"m still working on that every single day of my life and I never seem to get it quite right :)

And through words on the internet it is very hard for people to "hear" love in our voice, facial expression or tone. This means we need to be even more careful how we approach issues.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
EXACTLY, Southern Gent. I have mentioned that many times and I post like I talk. I sincerely wanted to help that man, but when he inserted things that were not of the Lord, I called him on it. If I were face to face with him, he probably wouldn't have reacted as harshly. You know, if we can't mention God's truth in a Christian room, then where can we feel safe without being attacked. I was telling my husband about this fellow and I told him that I'm so weary and thought about taking a sabbatical from it. My husband bristled and told me to NOT let this man or anyone else keep me from hanging out in here. He also told me that I've been so much more joyful since I found this room, as I'm not able to go to church because of my disabilities. Ya'll have been so sweet, kind, generous, and supportive. I realize not many really want to hear the truth....me included in that, but Bigham was talking about things that if someone didn't know was wrong, could be sucked into a trap of satans. Been there and done that. There are palm readers and tarot readers everywhere which entrap those that have no idea. I don't want someone's blood on my head if I could have stopped it from happening in the first place. Is someone's 'feelings' more important than the damnation of a soul? Absolutely not! Our Savior died for that soul and covered their sins, and if that person was the ONLY person who ever lived, Jesus would still have died for one. Now that is something to be excited about! That is something to stand in awe of.. that is Amazing Grace.

And through words on the internet it is very hard for people to "hear" love in our voice, facial expression or tone. This means we need to be even more careful how we approach issues.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
EXACTLY, Southern Gent. I have mentioned that many times and I post like I talk. I sincerely wanted to help that man, but when he inserted things that were not of the Lord, I called him on it. If I were face to face with him, he probably wouldn't have reacted as harshly. You know, if we can't mention God's truth in a Christian room, then where can we feel safe without being attacked. I was telling my husband about this fellow and I told him that I'm so weary and thought about taking a sabbatical from it. My husband bristled and told me to NOT let this man or anyone else keep me from hanging out in here. He also told me that I've been so much more joyful since I found this room, as I'm not able to go to church because of my disabilities. Ya'll have been so sweet, kind, generous, and supportive. I realize not many really want to hear the truth....me included in that, but Bigham was talking about things that if someone didn't know was wrong, could be sucked into a trap of satans. Been there and done that. There are palm readers and tarot readers everywhere which entrap those that have no idea. I don't want someone's blood on my head if I could have stopped it from happening in the first place. Is someone's 'feelings' more important than the damnation of a soul? Absolutely not! Our Savior died for that soul and covered their sins, and if that person was the ONLY person who ever lived, Jesus would still have died for one. Now that is something to be excited about! That is something to stand in awe of.. that is Amazing Grace.

Amen! There are just somethings that we will all sort out together when we meet up someday in heaven. I think that stuff like this will be so far removed from our minds when we are standing in front of our Lord! We will be so full of joy that our little spats on earth won't even be called up to our minds anymore. I can't wait for that day!!!!

Don't even think about leaving us Saints, we love you dearly and you are such a blessing!!!!! :):):) We are bound to .... heads every now and then, but brothers and sisters will do that from time to time. The main thing is that we love eachother, and we do, and I know that you do too.

Sometimes it's hard to listen to council like astrology is from the devil, but it is. It's in the bible. Maybe from now on we should use the scriptures to try and give advise when needed as God's word is the best for teaching and corrections. What do you think about that everybody? :)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I think that is an excellent idea. I've mentioned that I am now keeping my Bible by the computer. I have a New King James Version; Ampified; The Living Bible; Revised Standard; King James; AND I have seen one of the Gutenberg Bibles in Germany many years ago. :blink: Of course that and $2.50 will get me a cup of coffee!:laugh: So I have no objections to quoting Scriptures on any subject, because really, if it's not covered in Scripture, how would any of us know it is truth? Good idea. :)

Amen! There are just somethings that we will all sort out together when we meet up someday in heaven. I think that stuff like this will be so far removed from our minds when we are standing in front of our Lord! We will be so full of joy that our little spats on earth won't even be called up to our minds anymore. I can't wait for that day!!!!

Don't even think about leaving us Saints, we love you dearly and you are such a blessing!!!!! :):):) We are bound to .... heads every now and then, but brothers and sisters will do that from time to time. The main thing is that we love eachother, and we do, and I know that you do too.

Sometimes it's hard to listen to council like astrology is from the devil, but it is. It's in the bible. Maybe from now on we should use the scriptures to try and give advise when needed as God's word is the best for teaching and corrections. What do you think about that everybody? :)

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
  • Deleted by LisaLisa

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Have you guys seen this? It's Net Bible, you type in a verse and down below it shows all of the different translations including the greek and hebrew! It's a great research tool, I use it all of the time. :)

NETBible: John 3:16

Very interesting website, Lisa. What are the numbers under the words?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread