2012 The Doomsday Prophecy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
So I have a ton of free time on my hands at the moment since yet again my doctor fails to let me go back to work. I've come across many things to read on the Information Super Highway (Internet.) This one had to be the most interesting to me. Mostly because there are many and I do mean many arguments that go towards both sides of this subject. I myself am a skeptic and am reluctant to believe everything I read. I am a firm believer in God though so either way I feel I am safe with the life that I am leading and if nothing happens then what am I really losing out on.

My current question to the ECF'ers out there is what are your thoughts on this. Is it something that needs to be feared? Or is it something that is just more conspiracy theory, or just more apocalypse jargon brought on by fanatics. In my recent inquiries to the 2012, I'll label this as theory for now, theory there are many people who feel that it is something that will bring about a mass religious or spiritual event that will shatter the earth as we know it. Here's a link to a wealth of information that I found to be a very loooong read filled with a ton of information that is filled with figures that even I developed a head ache trying to follow.

ALL ABOUT 2012

While it does have quite a few interesting points, some of it is just ridiculous jargon that makes one think that the person who wrote this is some kind of fanatic who likes to throw out numbers and words in hopes to advertise a book that he wrote in order to take your money. And yes there is a sales pitch towards the end for some off hand psycho babble book that the person is trying to push. I label it as such because the only book one would need to read to become enlightened would be that book that corresponds to their religious beliefs, i.e the Koran, Bible, etc.

The following link:

No Doomsday in 2012 | Universe Today

Contains information about why there is no Doomsday event that could possibly happen on December 21, 2012. Not quite as long and as detailed as the first link, but it does provide one with the typical questions that any person would ask. It also goes on to state that the person who wrote the article will be going on to analyze each piece of speculation and show that there is really no evidence to support the Doomsday fanatics.

Anyway, I currently have no leanings toward one specific side of the argument. I'm just curious as to what some of my fellow Vapers think of this 2012 Mayan, Nostradamus, End of the World, Apocalypse, Doomsday, debate that is mostly fought heavily on the Internet and not in the general public. Let's hear some of those opinions.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
The biggest hole in the logic to any of these calendar based astronomical predictions is that the universe does not care about our manufactured calendar and is not set by it. It's a completely man-made time keeping construct and not set or tuned to any constant outside our own solar system, and honestly, not even set to any recurring event as far as how the year is set. Unless Julius Caesar could predict the future when he created it, and also knew they were going to change the calendar in 1752 ahead of time.

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
The biggest hole in the logic to any of these calendar based astronomical predictions is that the universe does not care about our manufactured calendar and is not set by it. It's a completely man-made time keeping construct and not set or tuned to any constant outside our own solar system, and honestly, not even set to any recurring event as far as how the year is set. Unless Julius Caesar could predict the future when he created it, and also knew they were going to change the calendar in 1752 ahead of time.

While I agree with you on the part of the calendar, it's been argued that the whole event will be revolved around some kind of astrological event. I've seen mention of a Planet X which was a bit far fetched from my readings into it. Supposedly there will be some sort of event involving a comet and the moon in close proximity towards each other while the sun being lined up with the center of the galaxy which would supplement the coming of Christ and usher in the age of Ascension. I've read a lot and its actually a bit overbearing in some aspects. It just makes me wonder about the whole lining up of the planets and such in a way that would bring about the destruction of the human populace and our planet that we know of. It all sounds ludicrous when you think about it, but it does make a lot of people think about things in a different light.

Zestok90

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Mentor, OH
Well from what I've heard a lot of stuff about 2012. Its kinda strange that some many acient civilizations caledars stopped on this date. There are a couple things that I heard of course I'm not saying I believe any of them but just what I've heard.
1. Planet X (or planet Nibiru) is coming closer and closer to earth and is suppose to arrive in 2012. This is the reason in many acient drawing of our solar system they believe there are ten planets. They feel Planet X (Nibiru) travels in either a vertical orbit compared to our other 9 (or now 8, sorry Pluto.) planets, or that is actually part of another solar system that once every couple thousand years gets pulled into our solar systems orbit. Planet X is either supposed to mess everything up working as a second moon causing mass destruction on Earth. Others Believe Aliens, or "The Annunaki" are using it as a transport device to get from one planet to another. These Annunaki are either supposed to create mass destruction and slaughter us. Or for those who like a happy ending, they are suppose to unlock our minds to our fullest potential finally being able to use the full 100%. With this possible humans could levitate, and speak to eachother telepathically. Of course they also believe this has to do with brain frequencies. there is something like a 117 or 119 brain frequesncy (not entirely sure) Only one would recieve the full powers, the other woudl not. 117 or 119 frequencies all depend on your output on life. 117 is optimistic, and an open minded view on things. 119 is pessimistic, close-minded.
2. Others beleive thats it is simply just where time stops. and world will just cease to exist.
3. Nuclear war?
4.Many also beleive that is the Rapture, or when God plucked people from the Earth worthy to enter the gates to the kingdom of Heaven. All others would be left, and it would be hell on Earth.
5. Nietzsche had a quote that "In the end of days, the dead shall rise from theire graves" Zombie appocalypse!!
6. Others believe its just like another other day. Just like Y2K, or 6/6/6. Or that its just the changing of a new era. The Mayans based there calendar using the stars. We have sort of a sythestic way of telling "time". Mayans used the stars, and this could just kinda be a reset into the dawn of a new age, transitioning from the Age of Pisces, to the Age of Aquarius.

Well thats really about all I got. All the random, stuss I've heard, or read somewhere.
Its some crazy **** haha.

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
To be honest it really does sound like it's crazy. Who knows, maybe it will be the age of a new era, maybe it will be the end of time as we know it. I've also seen somewhere, can't remember where, that this will be the transition from the time of people to a time of, well honestly I really don't know. In that same article that I read it was theorized that this is the same even that happened many years before and is the reason that dinosaurs had died out. Maybe it's happening again and this time instead of the dinosaurs, it will be us that is wiped out. Who knows. I for sure don't. I do have one theory though. Even after we are all gone and the end of the world does come about, the only thing that will survive will be the cockroaches. Those little buggers can live through practically everything.

I don't know if it's something we need to fear, but it's definitely a change in humanity and earth as we know it. If we do not become fully aware of this change then life itself will struggle to survive.

I don't feel like going into full description of this right now, feeling too lazy to type that much.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
To be honest it really does sound like it's crazy. Who knows, maybe it will be the age of a new era, maybe it will be the end of time as we know it. I've also seen somewhere, can't remember where, that this will be the transition from the time of people to a time of, well honestly I really don't know. In that same article that I read it was theorized that this is the same even that happened many years before and is the reason that dinosaurs had died out. Maybe it's happening again and this time instead of the dinosaurs, it will be us that is wiped out. Who knows. I for sure don't. I do have one theory though. Even after we are all gone and the end of the world does come about, the only thing that will survive will be the cockroaches. Those little buggers can live through practically everything.

Oh, urban legends...I do find it funny that nuclear radiation is basically tailor-made to kill humans.

Cockroaches & Radiation › In Depth (ABC Science)

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey,

not posting anything of too much value at the moment, but i think it is possible that on that date or on a different date there might be a consciousness awakening for human kind...from what I can tell at the moment, we are living in an illusion and an awakening would be welcomed by most...

lvlninety9

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
Texas
Anything is possible. I think it's funny that there are dozens upon dozens of people who are trying to capitalize on 2012. In all the research that I've done I've come across many sites of individuals that claim that they want to help us to survive or even understand 2012. Then they go into this long drawn out series of snippets and at the end of each snippet is the exact same thing. Buy my book to read or discover more. If these people truly wanted to help society to survive this disaster or even understand it then why charge people for it? Seems like it's yet another failure of man to me. People trying to capitalize on the fears or curiosity of others to make a quick buck. If things are truly going to happen or change the way these people assume they are then they would have no need for that money. It's a sad event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread