Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
Dear ECF Friends,

We are excited to introduce the new ProVari 3

This will be the official forum for news as it happens.

Now, before we get started we know you have a lot of questions and we will do our best to answer what we can as we go.

When will the device be available?

A: We don't have a date set yet. Right now we are going to do a roll out to our dealers for a beta period. We have already done lots of testing in house and everything is working great, we just want to allow our resellers the first chance to try it out and provide feedback. Our dealers will be the first to offer the P3 for sale, but it will also be on our website at some point, so this is not going to be a dealer only product forever :)

Q: How much will it cost?

A: We don't have a price set yet. It's TBD. Once we have this information we will let you know.

Q: What comes included with the standard kit?

A: The P3 comes with the device itself and two extension rings to allow all three battery sizes to be used. The first release will be available in satin silver only. More colors will be available soon.

Q: Why does the device not go to 30, 40, 50+ watts and down to lower ohms?

A: The engineers at ProVape believe that this is the limit that they can be assured is safe for Vaping. Safety is of paramount importance to ProVape. Our market is mainstream Vaping. ProVape's mission has always been to provide systems that are effective alternatives to analog cigarettes. We are confident that the voltage/wattage limits give our customers the means to do exactly that.

Within the parameters of the ohms and wattage ratios within the P3, it is entirely possible to produce significant clouds of vapor if that is what the customer is wanting to do.

Q: Can I upgrade my V2.5 to a V3 - This is a completely different system and build, and we are not able to do upgrades from the original ProVari to the new one.

We will do our best to answer additional questions as we go, if we have the information available.

ProVari 3 Features

The ProVari 3 voltage can be adjusted from 2.9 - 6.0 in 0.1 volt increments.

● The ProVari 3 wattage can be adjusted from 3 – 20 in 0.2 watt increments.

● Flat top design provides a clean hybrid look with the latest tanks.

● Self-adjusting center contact pin ensures maximum compatibility with tanks and atomizers.

● The new P3 thread is a unique top connection which allows you to adapt multiple tanks including 510, Ego and P3 threaded tanks (coming soon). As new connections become available, the P3 will be able to adapt with screw-in adapters. Ego style adapters will be sold separately. As new tanks are developed with the P3 thread, they will adapt for a clean hybrid look.

● Built-in sealed OLED display with scrolling icon-based graphics allows you to visually adjust your settings.

● Each device has a unique digital serial number.

● A translucent seven color lighted push button acts as a low battery alert and allows you to select from seven color choices when the button is pressed. There is also a random option which rotates through all seven colors. The LED will change to a different color each time you press the button.

● On/Off mode allows you to shut the unit off completely.

● 16 second safety cutoff turns off the unit if the button is held down for too long.
● HotShot™ Boost mode allows you to get more vapor with a short power boost with each puff. This setting is adjustable allowing you to dial-in your favorite boost time setting.

● Scrolling OTS (Onboard Troubleshooting System) keeps the user informed of any problems and how to resolve them with clear instructions.

● Sub-ohm capability - down to .70 ohms

● Amperage limit of up to 5 amps will protect against over-current situations.

● Battery “mileage gauge” tells you how much energy is available to the atomizer.

● Smart safety features provide the highest levels of safety available on any device in the world. If you press the button and can vape, it’s safe!

● Thermal monitoring shuts the device off if it detects a high temperature condition.

● IQ™ (Input Quality) monitor provides feedback on the condition of your battery and connections. This never before seen feature not only can test your batteries, but also alert you if there is a problem with one of your cells or contacts. Battery safety is very important to us!

● Left & Right handed mode allows the user to select which way the display reads.

● Check All mode allows the user to see all their critical settings at a quick glance with one button press (adjustable settings).

● Save profile - Save all of your favorite settings into 5 available memory slots for quick recall.

● Scroll speed adjust allows the user to select the speed of the scrolling menu.

● OLED brightness adjustment lets you vary the display intensity.

● Exclusive reliable and safe electronic switch is designed for long life.

● Battery Monitoring shuts the unit off once a battery has reached end-of-charge.

● Reverse battery protection keeps the circuit safe if the battery is accidentally installed
backwards.

● The P3 is compatible with flat top batteries.

● No compromise components ensures a high quality and reliable device.

● Proudly made in the USA.

● 1 Year Warranty: Excludes accessories like batteries and atomizers.

● 3.5” L x 0.90” D without atomizer. Each extension ring adds .65"

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Announcing that I am a proud new owner of a blue Provari P3, thanks to the generosity of one of our Provarinati, it arrived this morning. I've been using it in both 18490 and 18650 mode, with my KFL+.

This is such a wonderful group. Thank you very special person, you know who you are. ;)

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
Good evening,

We are pushing out a new update to the P3. We are doing free updates to those that want to arrange to send their devices in to the ProVape spa or if you have a local dealer that has a programmer they can also update devices.

Here is a list of what has been updated:

* Support for .5 ohm tanks - The P3 now supports tanks down to .5 ohms.

* Low Battery Alert - When the device gets down to 18% left in the battery, the light will slowly flash yellow to alert you that it's getting low. (Many users requested we bring this back from the 2.5)

* CheckAll (1 second) - The CheckAll feature now has the option to set it to 1 second. This allows for a quick look at your settings without leaving the display on for 5 or more seconds. (Another user suggested feature)

* Battery Filtering - We have added some additional battery filtering to help with some problems reported by users saying the battery was empty when there was still energy left. Having the new spring and making sure all your connections are clean and tight is the main fix for this, but extra filtering will also help.

* Money Saved Counter - This new feature allows you to set the price of a pack of cigarettes and the P3 will keep track of: How many cigarettes avoided, puff count, and how much money you have saved on cigarettes, based on the amount you set per pack.

* Various bug fixes

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So here's why EVERY Provari dealer is missing the boat by not having the ability to perform P3 firmware updates. And BTW, if your dealer tells you it costs too much, they are lying. My dealer told me how much the "programmer" costs (its a nifty looking device btw) and it's NOT expensive.

So, I go in and they are ready for me. I get to see the the nifty device, which plugs into a laptop via USB and has screw on piece that attaches where your battery cap would be. It took all of about 1 minute to download the update. And your P3 remembers the settings you had, so even though it's updated, you don't need to worry about losing what watt your set to, or screen brightness or anything.

So then we start talking about my KFL+ and that's where I get into trouble. They ask me how I like filling it. And I say it could be better. Then they bring out this really cool looking top piece made by Tarsius Customs, which not only lets you fill your KFL+ from the top, but also increases the amount of juice you can put in by 1/2ml, so I look at this marvel and notice it's machined impeccably, in fact exactly as nice as the KFL and it's visually more interesting than the KFL top. It comes with a Stainless top and a Brass one if you'd prefer brass. And what does this magical piece cost and they say it typically costs $60 (ouch!) but I can have it for $45. So of course I had to get it. Then I notice, the KFL+ tip doesn't fit well and well you know what happens next. For another $25, I add a Stella tip, with a wider air opening as I like and Airy tip to lung vape anyway.

Add in two bottles of juice and my free upgrade cost $100. And this my Provarinati is why every dealer who sells Provari's should be offering firmware updates. Let people like us loose in a Vape shop and our wallets fall out of our pockets and our credit cards glide through the air into the credit card reader.

I will say that the new top not only looks great and I can't wait to just twist it to add juice without having to take my top off my P3, then just twist back to tighten, but my KFL+ vapes better. Why, I have no clue. But the volume of vapor is somehow magically increased and I'm actually thrilled with it.

Here are a couple pictures. The first one shows the new top. Notice it's looks taller, but it's really not and then a picture from the top, showing the add juice holes, which are shut in the picture.
aa1ffd7698afeea79be3345f77041e45.jpg
d4cc5284073500dcc48503cefd001ce9.jpg

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hey everyone (Sir Rod too), from 'Beyond Vape', the makers of the 'Silo' comes another new topper to check out, called the "Silo Beast Tank". Will be available May 1st. Might replace the 'Subtank' for those of us that hates the mess it makes. Take a look~!

Beyond Vape Silo Beast Tank Kit [bv-silo-bea-tan-kit] - $40.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes

Thanks Peter. Sir Rod thinks at this time he has finally the system he's SO HAPPY with and that's the KFL+. It's simply the best vape I've ever enjoyed, bar none.

So tonight, dreading the chore and even though it wasn't at all necessary, I decided to change the wick in my coil. I expected it to be horrible, awful, difficult, frustrating and not at all successful. I don't know what I was fearing. It was a breeze. Simple really. I emptied the tank from the top, washed and dried all the pieces, removed the old cotton (which wasn't even charred or dark), dry burned it, used tweezers to push the coils close together again, dry burned again until there was nothing more than a glow, rinsed it under water, dried it, put in a new piece of cotton, dripped some juice on it, gave it a slight touch of the button to make sure she was firing OK, put it all back together, filled her up, let her sit a few minutes to make sure juice flowed in the channels and it's vaping just perfectly.

One thing I tried this time around was to use less cotton. I think my first build used too much and it gurgled a tiny bit (nothing troublesome at all), so I remembered one of the videos I watched suggested using less cotton is actually better. And so it is!

I know for you veteran RBA guys and gals, this is no major accomplishment, but for Sir Rod, it most definitely is. Oh yes indeed it is!!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Reporting back.

The P3 is a marvelous device! :wub: I am in love with it finally!!
It hasn't done any of the wonky things and my battery has lasted what I expected it to last. I'm not looking at the IQ crap, as long as it gives me the life of the battery charge I've come to expect, I'm one ecstatic vaper. :D

THANK YOU ProVape!!! :wub:

Awesome customer service and turn around time is phenomenal.

:banana:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
So I guess it's time I became an ECF Supporting Member and so I have. Not because I really care if I can change my mood. But because ECF has changed my life in so many positive ways, not least of which is my Provari family that I feel the expense is quite justified. YES I DO!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Update on my update ... as many know of the drama I caused when I initially thought I would not be able to update my P3 :blush:

I want to send a personal shout out to Vape360, Monster Kenny, Marissa and Kim ... you folks are beyond awesome.

ProVape went above and beyond with their customer service ... so here is what went down.

I bought a new Gun Metal 2.5 mini with shipping to Florida ... I then asked if I could send my P3 for update and have them hold the new GM 2.5 mini for shipping both back to Florida ... enter the drama :blink: ... well, Vape360 and MK jumped right onto this thread and sent me PMs to get this happening ... so, out went the P3 from Toronto, to hopefully hook up with the new GM 2.5 mini.

Well, ... I then shipped a black mini with a loose board from Toronto and requested they please fix that and ship together with the other 2 Provaris.

So, ... I then bought a new Dragon mini to add to the confusion ... yup, not done yet ... let's see what happens if I add a new Zombie mini to the Kaos.

There's more ... I get down here and find that 2 of the used Provaris I bought and had shipped to Florida, well, they could use a trip to the ProVape Spa ... so I shipped those to ProVape from Florida on Monday :blink:

Below are the 3 brand new Provaris, the repaired loose board Provari and the updated P3 ... the 2 used Provaris are confirmed to be in the Spa :cool:

The folks at ProVape are definitely RockStars in my books :2cool:

GunDragonZombie.jpg

cheers :vapor:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The same is true of wanting to quit smoking. One has to be resolved to stop lighting those cancer causing death sticks or one won't succeed. I wanted to as I'm sure did just about everyone on this thread.

Not me, I liked to smoke. I didn't bother trying to quit, since I knew I would be unsuccessful - I would have been quitting for them. I'm not very fond of them. I got a Green Smoke kit on a whim. It was on sale and Green Smoke got a good review (when searching for electronic cigarette reviews, I didn't know the word "vaping" at the time). I thought it was a gimmick and just ordered it to play with. I planned on taking it apart to see what else I could make out of it. By the time it arrived I was on to something else and didn't even open the box. A few nights later, I was almost out of cigs, but it was cold and I didn't want to go to the store. I remembered the e-cigs and figured they would hold me over until morning. I tried one and haven't had a cigarette since. To be fair, I learned the word "vaping," and ordered an eGo within days. I love youtube! I was already dripping on a LR306 before I even found ECF. For my 6 month anniversary I got my first ProVari - for which I thank Baditude, since I wasn't quite sure what it was.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
But if you did, you could have stopped and picked me up too - then, rent a van and make a party of it~!

This is the ONLY issue with this forum. There are so many terrific people here and in so many ways, we've become friends who support, educate, challenge and amuse each other. And the problem? We're all in so many different locations that we'll likely never get the opportunity to meet each other in person. Can you imagine a Provari Van, filled with many of us, heading to a Vape shop all to get our P3's upgraded? I can and it would be fun!

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Et Voila........The Russian 91% is in service. I put a 1.6 ohm coil on and had to fiddle with that contact pin a bit to get the contact right, but now that I understand how it works, it should be eazey-peazey from here on out.

Here are my thoughts on the this RBA:

Here's the only bad:
It's a bit fussier because of the center pin being so easily adjusted

Here's the good:
It's just as impeccably manufactured as the KFL+
And I really like the sand blasted finish, which is especially nice on the P3 (a tad darker, but mighty nice looking)
The air hole adjustment is on the side, not bottom, so you can adjust air flow without removing from your Mod

And the great:
This thing vapes GREAT!
It's much quieter than the KFLA+ (KFL's notoriously whistle - The Russian Does Not)
The flavor with my new juice is Beyond OUTSTANDING

All in all, I'm really pleased. And here's the requisite picture! Oh and THANK YOU SO MUCH PETER!!!!!!!
345ed262904f62aa5d166d15a68d07b2.jpg

Vape360

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Monroe, WA
www.ProVape.com
The day shift just took a nine pound Boston .... off the smoker, and is letting it rest. Dinner is pulled pork, corn tortillas, mango salsa, guacamole and queso. I was planning on scotch for cocktail hour, but am thinking perhaps from scratch margaritas ... Anyone interested in popping in for dinner? :)
Wow, sounds great :banana:

I'm on my way!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a nice long weekend. Be safe!

Also, There will be a Memorial Day sale starting tomorrow and it goes through Tuesday. Coupon code MD10

You can use this on the new red/black classic or the new zombie edition's that released today.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hey Everyone! I'm so glad to see the forum back online!! I've missed you all and I've now been HAPPILY vaping on my KFL+ for three days now!!

Wow......the pics are HUGE!

So, here are my thoughts on the KFL+

• ItS WONDERFUL, just like everyone kept saying.
  • The flavor is terrific
  • The vapor level is great
  • It's so much quieter than the Sub Tank Mini
  • It's finished incredibly well - the quality of craftsmanship is evident in every piece
Here's what's not wonderful.
  • It's a PIA to fill and I've got to get one of those Kayfil Tools, Yes I do
  • It's hard to tell when you filled it enough to get through a day without filling again
  • Once filled, it's a Biatch to get to the build deck without having to empty it
  • And like PB mentioned in his video, it does whistle - but that's a minor nit
  • For a device costing this much, the box it comes in is pretty pathetic and there is no manual at all - but that was OK as I had watched enough videos to know how it all worked!
All in all, I had a fairly easy go of building a coil for it. It turned out to be 1.4 ohm. What's surprising is that I typically vape a whatever wattage = 4.4 volts. But on the KFL+ with a 1.4 ohm coil, 10 watts/3.8 volts seems to be perfect. And that's a great thing as it makes the battery last all day.

21f11c994beaf25294e3b198428fa4f7.jpg
2f44b0b9ac7eebc58293932139c3caa4.jpg
f5d871dc08ef35281de2f2f5277f41e9.jpg
44b265af19779f48818dab75c4ccc60c.jpg

f729a8720fa5a6fdbeb586d48cf18569.jpg

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Well, It came yesterday...

A brand spankin new Provi Ti P3

As soon as I got back to my van, I pulled the Kayfun and battery from my Provi Beta P3 and went to town.

W O W , Its so Light...

How light is it?

Its so light that... It makes the Stainless P3 feel like a kettle weight.

Love it Love it Love it!!!

Worth the Money? YES!!!

That is all, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread