Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Hey Everyone! I'm so glad to see the forum back online!! I've missed you all and I've now been HAPPILY vaping on my KFL+ for three days now!!

Wow......the pics are HUGE!

So, here are my thoughts on the KFL+

• ItS WONDERFUL, just like everyone kept saying.
  • The flavor is terrific
  • The vapor level is great
  • It's so much quieter than the Sub tank Mini
  • It's finished incredibly well - the quality of craftsmanship is evident in every piece
Here's what's not wonderful.
  • It's a PIA to fill and I've got to get one of those Kayfil Tools, Yes I do
  • It's hard to tell when you filled it enough to get through a day without filling again
  • Once filled, it's a Biatch to get to the build deck without having to empty it
  • And like PB mentioned in his video, it does whistle - but that's a minor nit
  • For a device costing this much, the box it comes in is pretty pathetic and there is no manual at all - but that was OK as I had watched enough videos to know how it all worked!
All in all, I had a fairly easy go of building a coil for it. It turned out to be 1.4 ohm. What's surprising is that I typically vape a whatever wattage = 4.4 volts. But on the KFL+ with a 1.4 ohm coil, 10 watts/3.8 volts seems to be perfect. And that's a great thing as it makes the battery last all day.

21f11c994beaf25294e3b198428fa4f7.jpg
2f44b0b9ac7eebc58293932139c3caa4.jpg
f5d871dc08ef35281de2f2f5277f41e9.jpg
44b265af19779f48818dab75c4ccc60c.jpg

f729a8720fa5a6fdbeb586d48cf18569.jpg

Last edited:

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Ping, I updated my post with my thoughts on the KFL+. But Really Really Really Really like it. Yes I do! And I was SO proud of myself as I built one coil and it worked great.

I'm now on day three with the same piece of cotton and the flavor hasn't degraded a bit. Until it does, I'm not changing it as that means having to empty the thing to get to the build deck. That's the ONLY thing (besides it's hard to fill) I find annoying.......

Reactions: Pinggolfer

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
  • It's a PIA to fill and I've got to get one of those Kayfil Tools, Yes I do
I use a blunt syringe. They make needle-tip bottles as well.

• It's hard to tell when you filled it enough to get through a day without filling again
Fill it most of the way and hope for the best. Imagine, many people are using Kayfun nano kits - even less juice! Then there are those who use the metal ring instead of the acrylic window. Seems to me to be a guaranteed dry hit/burnt cotton, unless you have temperature control.

• And like PB mentioned in his video, it does whistle - but that's a minor nit
The whistle is minor, and changed depending on how you set the airflow screw on the bottom. The clones however, whistle like a real whistle.
All in all, I had a fairly easy go of building a coil for it. It turned out to be 1.4 ohm.

Great looking build, especially for your first time. Good job on making the legs from the top of the coil instead of the bottom - helps prevent shorts. I learned the hard way after a build I'd been using for a long time suddenly didn't fire on my mechanical. I metered it and found it had shorted.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
We lost a few hundred pages of posts. I would like to see "my posts" on the main page.

Oh.....quoting a post takes a few more steps, but seems straightforward. maybe there are more posts per page, so it just looks like we lost some pages??

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I use a blunt syringe. They make needle-tip bottles as well.

Fill it most of the way and hope for the best. Imagine, many people are using Kayfun nano kits - even less juice! Then there are those who use the metal ring instead of the acrylic window. Seems to me to be a guaranteed dry hit/burnt cotton, unless you have temperature control.

The whistle is minor, and changed depending on how you set the airflow screw on the bottom. The clones however, whistle like a real whistle.

Great looking build, especially for your first time. Good job on making the legs from the top of the coil instead of the bottom - helps prevent shorts. I learned the hard way after a build I'd been using for a long time suddenly didn't fire on my mechanical. I metered it and found it had shorted.

Thanks JohnDo! I'm going to my vape shop on my way home tonight to see if they can help me with the juice bottles. Yes, the whistle is very minor. It's not really an issue or particularly annoying as coming from the Sub Tank Mini, it's infinitely quieter. By a looooooong shot.

I forgot to mention I realized I'm going to need more Kanthal. So instead of being raped by my vape shop on a little bit for a lot of money, I ordered 100' of TEMco A-1 28 gauge Kanthal for $7 from Amazon!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Thanks JohnDo! I'm going to my vape shop on my way home tonight to see if they can help me with the juice bottles. Yes, the whistle is very minor. It's not really an issue or particularly annoying as coming from the Sub Tank Mini, it's infinitely quieter. By a looooooong shot.

I forgot to mention I realized I'm going to need more Kanthal. So instead of being raped by my vape shop on a little bit for a lot of money, I ordered 100' of TEMco A-1 28 gauge Kanthal for $7 from Amazon!
Some people remove the airflow screw and the whistling stops.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Congrats SR!!!! Knew you could do it!!

Next time, have the legs on your coil come out the bottom side. Just easier to do it that way.

Interesting Bronze. You say make the legs come out the bottom (to be honest, I was just glad to get it situated and never even noticed the legs were on the top), yet JohnDo congratulated me on having the legs on the top? Sir Rod is confused. Yes he is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread