O-Ring for Center Post Joye Ego C Twist???

Status
Not open for further replies.

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
Whats up everyone!!! So I have been using Ego Twists for quite sometime now I suppose. Well I decided to try out the ole 801 Fusion Cartomizers from Ikenvape and I love them! They do seem to always be steller performance. Well I obviously got their "Stealth" 510/801 Adapter and it pushed the center post down on two of my batteries because its just a little long. Well I pulled the posts on both with a small screwdriver and the little orings both fell out and I lost BOTH of them!! lol. So now the center post just flops around and an interesting thing is that on Carto tanks and Vivi Novas they still work fine. But when I try and use an 801 fusion with that adapter in a tank, it WILL NOT FIRE. If I angle it just right and its still far from being screwed all the way down sometimes it will fire intermittently but its so lose the tank and carto rattles around side to side, back and fourth etc. So unforutunately I need to get a better adapter or just stop using them and go back to 510 as I never had a problem with center posts on anything until this so i'm not impressed that those two no longer fire the 801 adapter. But glad they still fire everything else. I also find myself having to constantly screw with the posts on those two batteries now. Bummer!! So I'm hoping I can go to a part store or something and find an oring that would fit these things and hoping they will stay put and still work out. Anyone else have any experience with this or have any advice!?? Thanks a lot guys and I love you!:)

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
yeah lol Ive wondered the same thing. It seems to just sit around the post when I look at another ego twist that still has it. THought I would use little tiny screw drivers and or hooks. Just a bummer that a damn adapter screwed up to batteries. Equals about 50 bucks to replace them which isn't the end of the world and lesson learned I suppose!! but ill let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply!

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Maybe Home Depot or give a call to one of the big suppliers that sells modding supplies?

I'm wondering how you're going to get it in there?

:toast:
Caridwen, your the bravest on ECF.
I think, anyone that got two out and lost, and still has a functioning battery can probably get an o-ring in. There might be a lesson here somewhere, but.......................What we have, is apparently what we need.................A true adjustable positive pin on our batteries.:)
I've not had that need yet, but, i see this little crank handle......like on my drill press:laugh:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
yeah lol Ive wondered the same thing. It seems to just sit around the post when I look at another ego twist that still has it. THought I would use little tiny screw drivers and or hooks. Just a bummer that a damn adapter screwed up to batteries. Equals about 50 bucks to replace them which isn't the end of the world and lesson learned I suppose!! but ill let you know how it goes. Thanks for your reply!

We love you texastone,
None of this stuff should be over-tightened. Just tight enough to make contact. If you can't get an o-ring in, then maybe you can take the top of the battery off and desolder the connection. I believe you can buy the top of these batteries....dont know if the twist is different...try Goodprophets, i think i saw them there. Good Luck

texastone

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2013
South Dakota
Right on thanks for the info and I complete agree we need some sort of adjustable post for these cases when it rarely happens. Apparently the ego twists are a little more prone to this sort of thing though like I said from clearos, cartos, drip tips, I never had an issue until I got the "Stealth Adapter" from Ikenvape lol.

nnote

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mesa
Though you can's see the other half of the o-ring, it's under there. If your up for a little microsurgery...
Use an old atty to pull the cap off your twist, screw the atty in and pull on it while rocking back and forth a little, you'll work the cap off your twist. Clip the red wire at the motherboard and pull out the center pin and oring. So.. and it gets harder.. flip the oring backwards and re-install it and the center pin (the oring good part will be on the outside of the cap instead of the inside). It's a bear to get that and the centerpin back in place but it can be done. Solder the red wire back to the motherboard and fanangle that darn fire button back in place and press the cap back on. This procedure will prevent the center pin from being pressed into the cap and shorting out. But it's not fun to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread