Non Smoker wanting to start vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

siren.6

Aug 8, 2015
My vote is don't start. You have to remember while vaping appears to be much safer than cigarettes, long term effects are still unknown. For what it is worth, I started vaping about a month ago to quit smoking. It worked without anyone around me vaping. My husband even continued to smoke cigs. I now can not stand to smoke a cig. I don't think you starting to vape would make or break it working for her.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    whats being over 18 have to do with vaping? kinda like saying ... my wife drinks Rum n coke and I want to drink with her but dont want to drink alcohol, so would it be ok to drink straight coke? Do I have to be a certian age to drink coke?

^^^ agree ..... Not only that but you must ask yourself the question as to if your girlfriend is worth sacrificing your life for? After all none of us knows the long term effects of vaping. If your girlfriend and you were standing at the edge of a cliff and your girlfriend said she was going to jump to her death, would you jump to or would your natural preservation instinct take over and stop you from doing so? I would think that if a person truly cared about someone else then they would want to be healthy, strong, and stable for the other person and not the other way around.

I am usually a person who cares less who starts vaping and never say's anything to any individual who starts. But in this case, I think your reasoning for doing so may be a bit immature. Not meaning any offense towards you, but I do want you to seriously think about your decision.

unixunderground

Aug 6, 2015
    Scandinavia
    As a never smoker who recently started vaping, I'd say that while probably you should not be doing it just to show sympathy to your girlfriend that's trying to quit.

If on the other hand, you want to take it up because of your personal enjoyment, then I'd say go for it. In that case you may also want to check out a much related very controversial thread I started two days ago: Vaping nicotine as a never-smoker, why not? | E-Cigarette Forum

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    its more like standing on the edge of a steep slope, you can jump and slide ( possibly safely on the way down) or else hit a rock hidden under the snow bank and seriously injure ones self... so far we are all sliding down the slope and no rocks have been found as of yet... hows that for an analogy :)

Reactions: Tony16

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    Okay, thanks guys. I'll ask her if she thinks it'll help her. I've always wanted to learn how to do smoke tricks anyway ;)

No one can give you a guarantee that vaping is 100% safe, tho we're pretty darn sure it's far safer than smoking.

With that out of the way, I think it's nice of you to want to support her in this way. Good luck to both of you1

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    whats being over 18 have to do with vaping? kinda like saying ... my wife drinks Rum n coke and I want to drink with her but dont want to drink alcohol, so would it be ok to drink straight coke? Do I have to be a certian age to drink coke?

Because my impression is that this poster is young and I won't promote vaping to anyone under 18. Just my personal stance on the matter.

VNeil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    ^^^ agree ..... Not only that but you must ask yourself the question as to if your girlfriend is worth sacrificing your life for? After all none of us knows the long term effects of vaping. If your girlfriend and you were standing at the edge of a cliff and your girlfriend said she was going to jump to her death, would you jump to or would your natural preservation instinct take over and stop you from doing so? I would think that if a person truly cared about someone else then they would want to be healthy, strong, and stable for the other person and not the other way around.

I am usually a person who cares less who starts vaping and never say's anything to any individual who starts. But in this case, I think your reasoning for doing so may be a bit immature. Not meaning any offense towards you, but I do want you to seriously think about your decision.
    A minor problem with this analogy...

Jumping off a cliff has a 100.000% chance of killing him instantly (assuming enough height)

There are no known and proven health risks of vaping. None. Zero. All the hand wringing over vaping is an argument that... we don't know enough, despite the fact people have been vaping for over 6 years now, and how long is long enough? Or... prove a negative, which is impossible to prove, philosophically. Prove vaping is 100.0000% safe. Of course, that standard, applied to anything we do in modern life, even talking over a cell phone, would result in strong recommendations to cease and desist.

Other than that, the analogy is just fine I guess.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread