Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Tyler, and welcome. OK, I think I have the drift now. You are and have been a cigar smoker. You can drop them for a while, but when you want some, you really want some. If you inhale the cigar smoke, then yes vaping instead makes better sense. If that IS the case, then yes - as an earlier poster stated, the best equipment to get for you seasonal habit would be a viv nova clearomizer and eGo Twist battery. A kit would be best, as it will include the power supply to recharge the battery with. The next question would be "which juice". FOr that, given your fondness for cigars, I would recommend buying a sampler from Want2Vape (10 3 ml bottles for $20.00) These are naturally extracted tobaccos ("NET's") vs the more chemical "tobacco absolute" that most vendors use in their "tobacco juice". If you can't find 10 different flavors then you can double up and get 2 of the same flavor in the sampler. Which ones? Acid Blondie, Alcazar, Cold Infusion, Red Pirate, and Tabac Especial may be of special interest to you. If however you can take it or leave it as far as smoking is concerned, I too would suggest you spend your hard earned cash on something more classy - become a wine connoisseur, buy a fancier car, motorbike etc. :)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
LOL its not hard to understand at all! cause thats how EVERY cig smoker starts lol

if your bent on it then get this kit
http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1204&category_id=38
check around for juice vendors many sell sample kits start at about 12 Mg nic level
its a rockin battery.

but remember............... when your laying in bed, and you say "just a little more"
and your at work and you cant stop thinking "maybe i can just take a little toke in the bathroom"
or your out on a date and you think I could just run out to the car for a couple tokes"

look back and rememebr everyone told you so hehehehe

Last edited:

tylerryanjr

Oct 31, 2012
USA
Hi Tyler, and welcome. OK, I think I have the drift now. You are and have been a cigar smoker. You can drop them for a while, but when you want some, you really want some. If you inhale the cigar smoke, then yes vaping instead makes better sense. If that IS the case, then yes - as an earlier poster stated, the best equipment to get for you seasonal habit would be a viv nova clearomizer and eGo Twist battery. A kit would be best, as it will include the power supply to recharge the battery with. The next question would be "which juice". FOr that, given your fondness for cigars, I would recommend buying a sampler from Want2Vape (10 3 ml bottles for $20.00) These are naturally extracted tobaccos ("NET's") vs the more chemical "tobacco absolute" that most vendors use in their "tobacco juice". If you can't find 10 different flavors then you can double up and get 2 of the same flavor in the sampler. Which ones? Acid Blondie, Alcazar, Cold Infusion, Red Pirate, and Tabac Especial may be of special interest to you. If however you can take it or leave it as far as smoking is concerned, I too would suggest you spend your hard earned cash on something more classy - become a wine connoisseur, buy a fancier car, motorbike etc. :)

I don't inhale cigars, which is why I'm looking for something that is light on the lungs. It's been about 3 months since I've had one, and I probably won't have another until winter is over. I'm just looking for something to catch a quick buzz off of on occasion, but more specifically that is light on the lungs. I appreciate your input for tobacco flavors, but I'm not sure if that's the direction I'll go in. I'm not necessarily looking for a replacement for cigars, otherwise I'd go for one of the "e-cigars". I wouldn't mind going for another flavor instead.

Last edited:

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
IMO. If you don't smoke don't vape. Vaping is better than smoking but it is still not without risk. If your not a nicotine fiend then I would not do it. 20 years from now they my find that it will cause something. We were not designed to ingest this or tobacco. I do it because it is better than inhaling 2-4 cigars a day. But if you don't smoke I do not recommend it. Ask your doctor. I bet they will tell you the same thing. There are flavors out there that melt plastic. It is not without risk. It is just less than tobacco. IMO.

Ldybug102070

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Illinois
I have to agree with everyone else and I know your taking offense to it but if you are not a smoker please don't start vaping. But it seems to me that you have your mind set on it so good luck to you. There are tons of great vendors out there. I was a 25 year 2 pad smoker and I've been analog free for 1 year now and vaping is definately easier on the lungs. But as much as I loved smoking its one horrible habit I wish I never would have started. Good luck on your vaping quest :)

bobojuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Miami FL USA
I have gone down to 0 nic juice for a Nic test on Thursday. This is coming straight from 16mg. I no longer feel like I want to vape nic juice, but for some reason I still can't wait to get back into vaping nic. I just love that throat hit I get from the nic. I've never really been a smoker though, except socially. Honestly this has become more of a hobby than anything else. I love fiddling with all of this equipment.

tylerryanjr

Oct 31, 2012
USA
I have gone down to 0 nic juice for a Nic test on Thursday. This is coming straight from 16mg. I no longer feel like I want to vape nic juice, but for some reason I still can't wait to get back into vaping nic. I just love that throat hit I get from the nic. I've never really been a smoker though, except socially. Honestly this has become more of a hobby than anything else. I love fiddling with all of this equipment.

Exactly. It's enjoyable. All these former cigarette smokers think that they're the only ones who should be able to enjoy vaping. Getting buzzed is relaxing.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I don't inhale cigars, which is why I'm looking for something that is light on the lungs. It's been about 3 months since I've had one, and I probably won't have another until winter is over. I'm just looking for something to catch a quick buzz off of on occasion, but more specifically that is light on the lungs. I appreciate your input for tobacco flavors, but I'm not sure if that's the direction I'll go in. I'm not necessarily looking for a replacement for cigars, otherwise I'd go for one of the "e-cigars". I wouldn't mind going for another flavor instead.

While I have tried to be supportive of non smokers who wish to try vaping for a number of reasons, I can not agree with even making suggestions to some one who wishes to treat it like a recreational drug.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Hi Tyler. You don't need to inhale vapor either, just hold the flavor in your mouth, enjoy and blow out through nose or mouth. If you're looking for Wowzer flavors, not cigar or pipe tobaccos, then I'd suggest Ahlusion.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Exactly. It's enjoyable. All these former cigarette smokers think that they're the only ones who should be able to enjoy vaping. Getting buzzed is relaxing.

Then you're definitely in the wrong place because there is no buzz to vaping. The buzz in cigarettes at least comes from the sudden rush of nicotine and denying the brain cells oxygen. E-cigarettes give a slower more gradual nicotine build up. It takes care of the need for nicotine but doesn't supply a rush. New vapers can go from perfectly fine to nic sick chasing after something that simply isn't there.

Cindylu

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Northville, MI
Ok, I'm still a toddler with the vapin. I started because I wanted to quit 'successfully' and to help my hubby quit (both a little over a month now :banana::banana:). I enjoyed smoking analogs (5-10 a day) but quit when I needed too (pregnancies & nursing) then right back to it. Since I started vaping I've gone from 16mg to 14mg of nicotine and I enjoy it a lot more than analogs.
'Like the Hookah' was mentioned earlier. I don't know much about them so I'll ask, do they have nicotine and, if so, do they come in strengths? And don't they come in flavors as well? But It would be smoking, not vaping correct?

tylerryanjr

Oct 31, 2012
USA
Then you're definitely in the wrong place because there is no buzz to vaping. The buzz in cigarettes at least comes from the sudden rush of nicotine and denying the brain cells oxygen. E-cigarettes give a slower more gradual nicotine build up. It takes care of the need for nicotine but doesn't supply a rush. New vapers can go from perfectly fine to nic sick chasing after something that simply isn't there.

Except that I've never smoked cigarettes. I still get quite a bit of nicotine from cigars (which I don't inhale) and it feels great. I just want something smooth.

hubblecraft83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Nicotine is a sacred chemical that stimulates metabolism, concentration and memory. BUT... Nicotine addiction is a very annoying habit. My ecig may as well be glued to my hand. Most, if not all of us started smoking as teens and are just replacing our stupid habit with a safer alternative. I understand all these vapor gadgets are very interesting but do yourself a favor and buy some sunflower seeds or Jolly Ranchers instead. I just saved you a thousand dollars. ;)

To a non nic addict, nicotine makes you feel dizzy and nauseous. Definitely not relaxing. My friend thought ecigs were "neat" and started with 0 nic juice. I warned him. He now vapes 18mg nic juice. Just my 2 :2c:

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Except that I've never smoked cigarettes. I still get quite a bit of nicotine from cigars (which I don't inhale) and it feels great. I just want something smooth.

It's still a nicotine rush that e-cigs don't have. Smoke is absorbed faster, particles are smaller, thus the rush. Vapor takes time to build up nicotine, proven by scientific experiment. There is no buzz.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
That's because the nicotine content (36mg) is quite high. Also PG can have you hacking a lung,while VG can create a "heavy" feeling in the lungs. PG/VG ratio is generally 70/30 PG to VG. If that's too severe try a 50/50

Call it a buzz or not, but ecigs are relaxing. That's what I like. I tried out a friend's that uses 36mg cartridges and it was awesome. The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it hurt my lungs! I want something smooth.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Like I told you on your other thread, there is no such thing as smooth, easy on your lungs e-juice. You're introducing a foreign substance to your lungs and they don't like it. You're going to hack and your chest is going to burn and feel heavy. You weren't made to inhale propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. The only reason we do it is because we are addicted to nicotine and it's better than inhaling burning vegetable matter, paper and 4000 some odd chemicals. It's better than COPD, cancer, pneumonia and acute, recurring bronchitis. The thing is, we don't know the long term effects from vaping. 18 years from now we could develop something totally different and even nastier, but currently it's better than the devil we know or riding the NRT cigarette roller coaster. You want a nice nicotine rush without hurting your lungs? Go buy some nic gum.

catalystRKS

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
www.twitter.com

I'd smoke the occasional cigar and I'm a former half pack a day smoker.

You're not gonna feel a "buzz" of any sort from vaping.

The only reason I vape, as well as why I smoked, is cause I like seeing smoke come out of my mouth/nose/doing tricks etc.

They're just different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread