smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi I have a litre of mixed pg vg if I add 10 ml of 6mg nicotine will it make the litre 6mg strength of nicotine
    Welcome to ecf @66 Bricky. No, it would be less than 0.6mg strength, barely noticable.

I'm guessing your litre of pg/vg has no nicotine, so your 6mg will be dilluted by a factor of 10.

Imagine if you had a shot of 80 proof Jack Daniels and made a drink by adding a whole liter of soda. Your drink is no longer 80 proof, but more like 3.5 proof.

Last edited:

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi thank you for your reply I thought this would be easy but it isn’t is it I have got used to a 6mg nicotine in a 10 ml bottle but I can’t get it anymore I want to make up a litre of ejuice that is 6mg in nicotine strength but I can’t get my head around how much nicotine to add
    In your situation, add twice as much PG/VG to your 18mg nic. 18mg divided by 3 (one part 18mg nic, plus two parts pg/vg no nic) equals 6mg.

As @Letitia said, go to ELRECIPES and play around with the Create recipe calculator.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Hi I have a litre of mixed pg vg if I add 10 ml of 6mg nicotine will it make the litre 6mg strength of nicotine
    No. Strength is mg/ml. I buy 100mg/ml to make the math easier. So if I add 6ml of 100mg/ml (so 600mg total in the bottle) and then fill a 60ml bottle I get 10mg/ml strength juice. If you’ve got 6mg/ml base and you fill a bottle half full of it then fill up the rest with other stuff you get 3mg/ml juice. If you got 6mg/ml base and you want 6mg juice you basically have to vape it straight.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    You can't make 6mg ejuice if your base is already at 6mg.

Here are some calculators. Use whichever you like best.

Online (browser based)

- ELR Calc (sorry, direct link not allowed for "political" reason - link is to google search, see first result)

- LiqCal (you'll want to use the "BF+" (Base + Flavor (Advanced) calc. See language preferences at bottom of site.)

- Steam Engine

Android Apps

- LiqCalc (you'll want to use the "BF+" (Base + Flavor (Advanced) calc.)

- Eliquid Calculator - FOSS app on F-Droid (no idea how good this one is)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread