DIY e-liquid help with nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently made a purchase for nicotine from Nicotine River. I didn't select the correct nic strength and got 6mg of 100% VG nicotine. My question is when making my e-liquid... would I just use my nicotine as my VG base? Would I just use my nicotine in place of any VG?

For example, I want to mix 70vg/30pg ratio at 6mg nic strength. When inputting these numbers into e-liquid recipes calculator, I get an error stating my VG/PG is wrong. Not sure what the right calculations would be.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Unfortunately the two posts above are leading us to the answer which is that you need to buy some more liquid. The easiest way would be to buy some 6mg PG and use 3 parts of that with 7 parts of the VG but even then you will lose strength by adding flavour. If your flavour is PG-based and you use, say 10% then you could call that 90% VG liquid at 5.4mg. You won't notice. :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Actually. Thinking about it, if you bought 12mg PG you could make a simple recipe that would be easy. I wonder if there's a calculator that would do it exact?
I'd mix equal amounts of PG base to flavor concentrate.
For example (15% flavor) making 10ml/6mg

7 ml VG base (6mg)
1.5 ml PG (12mg)
1.5 ml Flavor (0mg)

Reactions: Izan

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
For example, I want to mix 70vg/30pg ratio at 6mg nic strength. When inputting these numbers into e-liquid recipes calculator, I get an error stating my VG/PG is wrong. Not sure what the right calculations would be.
There are none. What you're asking for is impossible. If the total ml's goes up (you're adding stuff), and the mg's of nicotine does not (the stuff you add has no nicotine), then the ratio of mg's to ml's must necessarily go down. Same mg's into more ml's equals less mg's per ml. It's just simple math. No two ways about it. You need to start with a nicotine solution with a higher concentration than your final target. Most of us use 100mg/ml, as it's the most cost-effective and takes up the least amount of freezer space.

Most of us use 100mg/ml, as it's the most cost-effective and takes up the least amount of freezer space.

Right. I first bought 100mg nicotine from Heartland Vapes. This time, I was looking at several vendors and went with Nicotine River, and totally blanked on the nic strength.

Overall, looks like I need to order the correct strength nicotine.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Overall, looks like I need to order the correct strength nicotine.
Yeah, that 6mg won't be much good, except for maybe if you over-flavor a batch of DIY, you could add some to it to reduce the flavor without reducing the strength, or something.

Or you could just vape it straight, unflavored, if your device can handle 100% VG. I'm actually vaping on some unflavored right now. It's nice, but I am using 3mg 70VG/30PG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread