Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Love assassin's creed....and your avatar....planning to do the good mom thing and get the new games for the kids for Christmas but dang it means I have to wait til then to play too! . So today while thinking of all our veterans past and present.....plan to celebrate with more Nicoticket juice! Thanks Clark and co. for a nice sale to make this day more special.
Three of my kids marched in parades Sunday and today. I told all of them the most important thing is LOOK at the men and women on the sidelines either in a uniform or wearing a hat or something indicating veteran status. Smile at them, make them feel special. It's their day.

You are very welcome SP - and - thank you for passing the tradition of VD down to the kids... never forget, ya know?

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
You are very welcome SP - and - thank you for passing the tradition of VD down to the kids... never forget, ya know?

This popped up on my profile page and for some reason my eyes focused on this phrase first. First thought was "What the hell?"

Sorry, don't mind me.....carry on.

I'm showing my age again. I believe they are referred to as STD's now.

Last edited:

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
So what is this VD you speak of?

Veteran's Day. Our family honors our Veterans every day as our tradition.

Did you know?

In 1770 the total population of the American Colonies was 2,148,076.
It is estimated that 1/3 to 1/2 of men over the age of 14 fought in the American Revolutionary War as either Continental Army or Militia (Civilian fighters not enlisted in the Army). An additional 21,000 served as Loyalists in the British Army.
2,500 of the men in Washington's Army died at Valley Forge of disease and starvation while waiting for Washington to return.
By the end of the war, only 20% of the male population of the newly formed United States were over the age of 18.

That is an incredible sacrifice made by our first soldiers and proof (as if any was needed) that those "at home" made sacrifices just as great. There is no way those few surviving males did all the work.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I'm a vet.. but was in the air yesterday

Thanks for your service! Happy you had a safe flight!

Welcome to the NuThouse! You'll find many good folks here...
action-smiley-065.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread