New To The Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Vapah

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
Hello e-cigarette-forum,

For those who’ll listen or care to read, this is my story...

OK so after being a traditional tobacco (analog) smoker of 33 years, I’ve made the switch over to vaping. This was totally by accident too.

My wife got scammed into trying an e-cig via an email sent to her Yahoo account (spam). She wanted to quit (or try quitting again) and thus ordered the 14 day trial of this e-cig where they start billing your card monthly (and at a very high cost). Anyway, when it arrived, she asked me if I could set it up for her and (of course) I did. I read the instructions and took a couple of drags off of it and up until then, had laughed at the commercials I had seen for e-cigs (Blu commercials on Spike TV). What I didn’t realize was that e-cigs actually contain nicotine as well as hit like a real cigarettes (I’ve been so ignorant I’m actually a bit ashamed). I was more than pleasantly surprised but that was just the beginning for me as my eyes were opened to vaping in general (talk about the tip of an iceberg).

For the most part, I’m the type of person that will research the hell out of something to become informed before investing into it so I Googled e-cigs and started researching pros and cons of vaping. To my surprise, I found mostly positive information regarding vaping and was hard pressed to find much negative other than information posted by the anti-smoking zealots out there. I read articles and watched YouTube videos posted by actual doctors; I was truly amazed. I thought to myself “does this mean I can actually give up tobacco without giving up nicotine?” and sure enough, I could, and have without a problem! I just recently had to look at a calendar to figure out when I last smoked an analog whereas when I’ve “tried” to quite in the past (many times) I’d know down to the second when I last smoked. When your last smoke was would always be in your mind haunting you daily as you’d check off another day or even count the minutes in some cases. I even quite for a year at one point and was running 3 miles per day along with lifting weights and still managed to fall off the wagon. I still keep myself in shape by lifting but running was out of the question being a smoker. My wife had quite for 4 years…yes 4 years and fell off the wagon herself. I have sisters who quite over 20 years ago that admit still, to this very day, that they miss smoking especially when having a couple of beers.

Like Al Pacino said in GF3 “once I think I’m out, they pull me back in.”, this was and is nicotine for me and for so many others I know.

With that having been said, I bought 2 Halo G6 starter kits and couldn’t be happier with my first step into vaping. I researched, read, and watched reviews and they pretty much kept coming to the top (Halo). I can’t say I have anything to compare their products to but they have filled a void that couldn’t be filled in 33 years. I’m very happy with them and their products (no disrespect to any fans of any other products). I’ll be moving up to their Triton system at some point but don’t want to go crazy and start buying all kinds of equipment as I’ve read some stories on this forum where some folks got a bit out of control with initial purchases (some funny stories on the forum).

Which brings me to my thoughts on the e-cigarette-forum…I’m blown away at the absolute wealth of knowledge that is here (and the range) and plan on tapping it now and forever. Some folks on here are so informed it’s blowing my mind. Some folks sound like NASA scientists and I’m an IT manager thus no stranger to “tech talk”. The different topics, experiences, knowledge, languages, and so on are just incredible. I had no idea there were so many of you/us out there and all in one place and I’m not only glad but proud to be one of you now; some of you really know your stuff. I will (in time) be talking the talk along with you but growing takes time and right now I’m more than satisfied with what I have in my first step. I don’t even think of smoking and not having to stop every damn night to buy a couple of decks is, in and of itself, great. There are so many positive angles to vaping…cost, health, no hassles and so on.

I’m already experimenting with different methods of cleaning, drying, and filling my carts to see what works and what doesn’t based on what I’ve watched and read so far. One thing I’ve noticed is how different we all are as far as flavors and device preferences go and it’s so interesting bouncing around this site reading different takes on so many different vaping related topics. I’m now hooked on this site as well.

Anyway, that’s my intro e-cigarette-forum. I hope to learn as well as contribute in the coming days, months, and years ahead.

Thanks for listening to someone so pumped up over his awakening and pardon my ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread