New To The Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngarjuna

Mar 31, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
New to posting anyway. This site has been a great resource for me in troubleshooting, better understanding my setups and planning my upgrades. Since I have to post 5 times in the newbie forums...no time like the present.

I'm a Provari user (I have a 2.0 and a 2.5 mini). I pretty much vape Altsmoke's Southern Freeze (the former Georgia Ice Storm) all the time.

I just got my first box of IKV fusions. I'm only a couple days into my first one but wow this is a serious carto! I've had intermittent issues with gurgling but I suspect that has to do with the 510-801 adapter I am using; IKV was out of the stealth adapter that they recommend for the 801 fusions and there was a note on a different adapter they sell not to use it with the fusions. So hopefully they'll get those in stock again soon, I'm curious to see if it cures the issue. It seems like the area that's flooding is the adapter but I'm not 100% certain; it hasn't been constant (in fact it's not doing it now of course). Even with that said the vapor production on this thing is brilliant.

Hello ECF.

ngarjuna

Mar 31, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
Thanks everyone. Re: my Provari I am a newb to posting here but I've been vaping just over a year. I didn't start out with that equipment.

I had tried just over a year ago to quit cold turkey after smoking for nearly twenty years and it didn't go very well. So my mother asked me if I had ever tried these e-cigarette things and I went to Google and ended up at ECF. My eGo kit came later that week and within 7 days of its arrival I was off the dreaded analogs for good. I've not had one since last June.

I upgraded fairly incrementally; first I messed around with clearomizers and ended up using Vivi Novas for a while. Then I got an eGo Twist and was happy to be able to jack up the voltage. Six months later I decided I wanted a Provari. Then carto-tanks. And about a month ago I snagged a Provari Mini for those occasions when the smallest possible form factor prevails. Vaping has, at this point, saved me gobs of cash and possibly my life so I don't mind a modest investment in equipment that sees daily use. But that sort of rig wouldn't have made sense to me when I started out; even with a detailed explanation on this forum (there were many) the difference between a Provari and an eGo twist seemed moot in plain text. But after a year of these things basically never leaving my side I, of course, feel differently.

ngarjuna

Mar 31, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
Welcome, I'm in the same boat. This place is a great resource. Every question I've had has already been asked and answered!
I know what you mean, hence this thread. After a year I've never really had an urgent need to post anything because past discussions are so thorough on every single topic I ever wondered about / searched for.

I just got a Vivi Nova but am getting a gurgling noise when I draw. If I draw real slow it seems to go away and I figure im all set. The next time I go for a full draw the gurgle is back. Is there some sort of priming I need to do ? Any help would be appreciated. I am using a Joyetech pass though 650 battery. I also get a little bit of liquid at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread