Tank Advice? 801 fusions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Let me start off by saying I've been vaping CE2s exclusively for the past several months, but I'm getting tired of the inconsistency. I recently ordered 15 brand new ones (from a different vendor than my usual), and all 15 taste HORRIBLE! Not burnt, not dry, just... awful, and the final 5 of my previous stock are dwindling fast.

I want: Quality cartos for ~ $2/each that will last me (3-5ml/day) around a week. Great flavor and vapor production, easy to fill tank that's solid and won't leak yet is affordable, ~ $15 or less.

I've been looking around for information all week but can't really find anything definitive. On vape team live's "Mod Addiction" episode, they showed themselves using 801 fusions in tanks, and that piqued my interest, but they gave no information other than that.

That said, I hear good things about the 801 fusions, and am planning on giving them a try; if I like 'em I want a tank to go with them, I hate small cartos because I have to keep refilling. Ikenvape has a good price on the 801 fusions, and electronicstix sells the j-tank and prepunched 801 fusions, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

For starters, I've read varying opinions; the 801 fusions from IKV are supposedly different and better than the 801s sold from electronicstix. Pictures alone show me they LOOK different, but that's all I know.

Are IKVs fusions really better? If so...

Could I use them in a j-tank? What's the best way to punch them myself? I mix my own liquid to 50/50 PG/VG, so not too thin but not too thick.

Are there any alternatives to the j-tank that are cheaper that I can use for IKVs 801 fusions? $20 is a little too steep for me, since I want 2 (I have 2 flavors at all times, with a 3rd kicking around to mix it up)

Aaaand my last question regards the 801s: I use 510 devices. I bought 808 Vortex cartos months back but hated them, but I have a 510 batt to 808 adapter. Will this adapter work for 801s, or do I need to buy a new adapter? If so, suggestions for these would be nice; my current adapter drives me nuts because I can't screw the carto on all the way, which messes with the draw.

Note: My brother uses the dual coil tanks from madvapes, and I gave it a shot on a 3.2v device and it was awful, I stuck it on my vv box and slowly dialed up the voltage, but it went from horrible to worse. I've not had any good experiences with DCCs.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread